NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.7

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

i really love this foundation! my shade is sand beige. (mac=NC25, revlon colorstay=sand beige)
so perfect color to me :) it's buildable/blendable.
i have a oily skin. combination of this foundation + mac blot powder keep my skin matt which is also wonderful.
and i love the fact that this product is in plastic container, not the glass heavy/breakable one.
i'll purchase this fondation again absolutely!!

Absolutely love this foundation. LOVE the packaging and how it is a pump. Makes it very sanitary and easy to use. Very reasonable price at $12 CAD, and I love the finish. Just wish it had a tad bit more coverage! I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/8/2011 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely hate to love this foundation. The Pros: Provides an almost flawless finish and gives me the 'my skin but better' look, doesn't really enhance my dry areas (I have combination skin),doesn't settle into my smile lines, the packaging is awesome, it's plastic but it's a harder plastic and won't smush while traveling, has a pump that is great to control. My color is 02 Soft Beige and it's suprisingly a perfect match. Paired with the primer, I think it works wonderfully. The Cons is the fragarance but it dissipates almost immediately after applied. Also, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to apply so it's really trial and error to see what method works for you, my method of application is either my fingers or a foundation brush. Another huge Con that I am considering whether or not I will buy this again is how it feels. On my face it feels good, however, after a few hours, when I touch the side of my face (on a non-oily part of my face, my cheek, which is normal) I press the back of my hand on my cheek when I look at my hand it looks greasy, ala, it transfers. Also, when I answered my phone and after I ended the call, I saw a transfer pattern on my screen, yuck. I have never had to set my foundation due to my skin being on the drier side but with this, I feel like I have to otherwise it feels sticky. So I really do not know if I would purchase again. But on the other hand, there are so many Pros about this foundation and I really love how it looks in photos and in person, that I am undecided if I will purchase it again. Another slight Con is this foundation is not available in stores, only online, so color matching could be tricky but I got lucky in finding my perfect match. I am about a nc20-nc25, between those colors, and Soft Beige works wonderfully for me. Also, this foundation did not oxidize on my skin, which I was thankful for. I would def.recommend this foundation if you have no issues with setting your foundating with powder, but if you have really oily skin or super dry skin, it made still feel sticky and setting your foundation with a setting powder may make your face look cakey, that is why I normally never set my foundaiton. But would I tell others to buy it? The Pros outweigh the Cons so it's up to you to decide.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

edit: found that this slightly oxidizes on me. :/ so knocking it down a lippie for that. also, i've found that this applies best with a stippling brush.
let me start this review off by saying that this is my first foundation. so technically, i'm a newbie to this stuff. but i think i've read/watched enough reviews/guides to know what i'm looking for in a foundation. and while NYX HD foundation isn't perfect, it is pretty damn good.
the shade i got, 04 Sand Beige, is a perfect match! well, actually, it's a liiiiittle bit lighter than my face, but it perfectly matched my neck and chest, which was what i was going for. however, i was lucky to be able to find a color match. i'm pretty disappointed in NYX's color range for this foundation. there are no shades available for people on the lighter and darker side of the spectrum. also, even if you do find a shade that's your color, it may end up being the wrong undertone for you. thankfully, Sand Beige is very yellow-toned indeed, so it matches me just right.
the coverage is pretty good as well. it's light-to-medium, i'd say, definitely buildable. i keep it at a light coverage though. i like that it has a light coverage, so that i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask/can let my skin breathe. keep in mind that i'm only using foundation to even out my skintone, not to cover up any significant scars/acne/etc. so if that's what you're looking for, this foundation may not offer enough coverage.
the finish is good, just not what i was expecting. i expected it to be dewier! on me, the finish is almost matte, but not quite, with a little bit of sheen on my forehead and cheekbones (it isn't greasy looking, it just looks like i'm naturally glowy, which is cool). it does make my skin look pretty flawless though!
the wear is good. i went through the entire school day without it wearing one bit. of course, almost everything has a longer wear time on me because my skin is so dry.
the ONE thing i didn't like is that, if i'm not careful when applying, the foundation makes my forehead look flakey, which is a bummer. it doesn't do this on the rest of my face, just my forehead!
so yeah. this was my first experience with foundation, and i must say i'm pretty pleased! this was my first day wearing it, so i can't be sure if it will break me out or not. if it does, i'll update this review. i don't think it will, as i don't have sensitive skin. so far, everything seems good! it's definitely worth the money i paid for it ($11.99 on cherryculture). if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation that will look good in pictures, this is a good bet!

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

THANK YOU NYX! I use this along with the NYX HD primer and the results... my skin looks flawless, poreless, and beautiful! Cancels redness and pimples. The HD concealer is amazing, too. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to fake flawless skin without looking cakey, flakey, or overall gross. Looks very natural, but again, flawless. Dunno how you did it, NYX, but I am very impressed. Can't wait to go purchase the rest of the HD line.

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential