NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.3

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 1/21/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to replace my MUFE HD foundation which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I ordered it for $13 on ebay, and couldn't be happier with my decision to try NYX's budget-friendly version! The lightest shade, HDFO1 ("Nude") is definitely too dark for my NW10/15 skin, but it mixes well with my Manic Panic White Foundation to create the perfect shade. I am thinking of adding the white foundation to the bottle (you can unscrew the pump! very cool), but for now I just mix a dab of the white with a pump of the NYX HD and stipple it on with a brush. I'll apply it with my fingertips if I'm in a rush, and it looks great that way too. If I don't set with a powder the finish will start to look oily after a few hours of wear, but the coverage is still there, and any flakiness I might have doesn't seem to show through. I really love this foundation for my acne/combination skin as it doesn't seem to break me out like Revlon Colorstay, and it plays well with any little bumps or dry patches you might have due to an acne treatment regimen. Used with a setting powder or a pressed powder touch it does the job for me! I would repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential

On the hunt again..

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I was pretty committed to my Smashbox 15-hour but have a hard time putting the expensive stuff on when I know I'm just running to the grocery store or something. I read the positive reviews here and decided to just get it and am so glad I did. I bought this several months ago and have almost completely stopped wearing the Smashbox 15-hour - this NYX really is a lot better! I am NC25-NC30 and wear Sand Beige. The coverage is amazing - I apply with a damp sponge and can layer the results if I need to. The consistency is very spreadable but the coverage on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation is like that of a traditional foundation. My skin really does look nicer in photography, too - very smooth and even. When I get a new ULTA coupon I will likely go buy a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd, bottle.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

No matter how I tried to thin this out, this product goes on thick and gives you that 'made up' face. While the finish is beautiful, it's not very natural. It's thick and feels somewhat heavy. I noticed that I sweated more than normal when wearing it. It also doesn't hold up well against oily skin and I don't like how easily it transfers on to clothes, scarves, other people, etc..

The colors I used were 2 parts Warm Sand and 1 part California Tan. The initial look was immaculate. It's the practicality of the product that was the problem. The pump is convenient, the size of the jar for the price was phenomenal! But it's not long lasting and it feels "heavy"...that's the only way I can describe how it feels. It felt as if my skin was suffocating.

I would probably wear this to take pictures, but then go home and wash it right off. I also don't see myself wearing this for everyday use. I gave it a 3 because of the coverage it provides for a liquid...but aside from that, I don't like it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product and am so disappointed that I can't use it again. :( The lightest color is absolutely perfect for me. The packaging is a dream, I much prefer the pump to a bottle like Revlon's Colorstay (horrible). The coverage is just perfect for me as well, I would say that it's pretty heavy-duty without feeling heavy at all.
That being said, I believe this broke me out. After using I suddenly had all these breakouts on my cheeks and could not figure out what it was from; one by one I stopped using all of my products to try to isolate the culprit, and then eventually looked at the ingredients of this foundation. And I found that there is oil in it, which does make me upset... I may have continued using this foundation otherwise.
Also, though, when I applied it to my whole face I could easily see the blending marks and feel it on my skin like grease. I think it would be better for girls with dry skin.

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.