NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.5

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 11/25/2016 12:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I love using the most popular high end products when it comes to foundation. The rests are somehow compromising. I purchased this foundation long ago but never used it before. First a tart pore minimiser, then NYX HD Primer & then NYX HD foundation & set with Urban decay setting spray & then went on with the rest of my face's makeup. It stayed till 5/6 hours as it was. No cakey, no flakes -- nothing... was taken aback as i never expected it to work so wonderfully! Good!

on 12/3/2014 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I wore a black dress the first time i wore this foundation and it tranferred all over & had to wash my dress to get it off. The second time i wore it was fine at the start but then at the the end of the day made all my dry spots look patchy. Not using it anymore

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

on 9/18/2013 10:43:00 AM

It makes me breakout!!!! First time i purchased it, it looks good on me. A good coverage for a drugstore product. BUT when i used as a daily foundation routine, slowly, acnes poppin out. I'm not recommend this to you who have a sensitive skin

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

What a disappointment! I always buy the NYX primers and I love them, but the foundation is horrible. It felt way too oily, I was looking for something nice and matte but this make my skin so shiny and gross looking. The coverage wasn't anything special either.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I loved how this foundation made my face look, it's not full coverage by any means and it smells really weird (plastic-y?!) but I see why it's an HD foundation. It's also the best match foundation I've ever found (I got number 07, am around an NC45)............. But it broke me out :( even using a primer, etc. no-go, will return to Ulta!

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.

on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM

Pleasantly surprised by this product. It provided great coverage and stayed all day. Applied over primer and set with mineral powder. Will definitely purchase again.

I'm a little surprised at all the low ratings for this product. I'm in love with this stuff and use it just about everyday. I'm in the lightest shade, 001 nude, and it matches my skin beautifully. The coverage, I'd say is probably light to medium, more medium in my opinion but deffinately buildable. I have combination skin and I don't feel as though it grabs on to any of my dry patches and it doesn't leave me super oily as I tend to get in my t-zone. The finish is semi matte, which is awesome because I feel as though after I apply this my skin still looks like skin an not cakey or greasy. I use a primer underneath and use a flat top brush to stipple it on and then blend it out with little circles. I set my t-zone with a power as I always do with anything I use and I feel as though it covers most of my acne scarring and discoloration. I'm quite happy with this. I do highly recommend this for people looking for a light to medium coverage foundation.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This left my face looking chalky right off the bat, & after a few hours it had completely faded off and/or cracked in patches. For the record, I put this on my freshly washed & exfoliated face after following up with moisturizer AND Smashbox foundation primer. I had high hopes for this as a MUFE dupe, but it doesn't even come close. NYX is amazing at making high quality dupes, but this foundation is not one of their better ones. Don't waste your money.