NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.2

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

I purchased the lightest shade "nude" for my fair complexion and combination skin. The colour is a great match, very neutral with slight yellowish undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15 or NW15, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory, Revlon Buff, L'Oreal N1, MUFE 20-Ivory, and Nars Deauville.
This foundation provides me with light coverage that I can build up to medium, but if I attempt a more full coverage it looks cakey and thick. The finish is semi-matte and slightly glowy, but I think that is were the "light diffusing" properties that NYX claims comes into play. This foundation does photograph really well and makes my complexion look fabulous. Even better this works for me as day-to-day foundation as it wears very well for about 8 to 10 hours if I pair it with a primer. I notice around the 4 hour mark I need to blot and powder, but that is pretty normal for me and my oily t-zone.
Overall I really have been enjoying this foundation and love that it has a pump! I have had no concerns with sensitivities or clogged up pores using this foundation. The one downside to this foundation is it has a slight baby powder scent, reminds me of the NYX concealer in a jar smell. Fortunately I find the scent isn't as strong as the concealer in a jar and quickly dissipates.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It has decent medium coverage, but it can be built up for a more full coverage look. The formulation is light and so far I really like it for summer. The wear is alright, I think I wore it for 8-ish hours before it was gone. This foundation actually looks really good in photos with flash as opposed to other drug store foundations that claim to be HD or Photoready. I purchased the color HD02 Soft Beige. I'm an NC15-NW15, Colorstay buff, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory. The shade is definitely not the right shade. It is probably a full shade darker than my skin, and it is orangey. I was very upset when I first swatched the shade on my hand and then compared it to colorstay because the difference was bad. However, after applying to my face and blending into my neck a bit it looked fine. It made me look at bit peppier, my dull pale skin can make me look dead sometimes. Next time I will probably go with the lightest shade, because it would be a better match.

on 11/19/2011 5:59:00 AM

This foundation was a lovely surprise! Usually I don't even consider buying other foundation rather than my usual MUFE Face&Body but I was out of money so I ordered this, after all Nyx has been doing a lot of thing right.
The first thing you notice is that the package has a pump (bless nyx) and that you can actually see the color of the product inside, furthermore once you use it a little you discover the package is transparent and you're able to see how much foundation you have left.
The coverage is really good! I think it wad the first foundation I've ever used that I didn't feel like I had to use setting powder, it just looks good unsettled (at least for me). Looks natural and polished! It does cover most of the darkness that I have left from a bad sunburn and it never broke me out. Also, I found that it works best for me without primer.
The application can be tricky in the sense that you do have to try some methods and find what works for you. Personally I think applying it with your fingers is best.
I took one lippie out because color wise its hard to get a match, its a lucky guess. Not so much because there are few color available, since you can mix and match, but because I couldnt find swatches. I ended up buying nr 1 and n4, I feel like I could get away using either one but mixing them is a perfect match.

on 1/21/2012 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I bought this to replace my MUFE HD foundation which is a bit out of my price range at the moment. I ordered it for $13 on ebay, and couldn't be happier with my decision to try NYX's budget-friendly version! The lightest shade, HDFO1 ("Nude") is definitely too dark for my NW10/15 skin, but it mixes well with my Manic Panic White Foundation to create the perfect shade. I am thinking of adding the white foundation to the bottle (you can unscrew the pump! very cool), but for now I just mix a dab of the white with a pump of the NYX HD and stipple it on with a brush. I'll apply it with my fingertips if I'm in a rush, and it looks great that way too. If I don't set with a powder the finish will start to look oily after a few hours of wear, but the coverage is still there, and any flakiness I might have doesn't seem to show through. I really love this foundation for my acne/combination skin as it doesn't seem to break me out like Revlon Colorstay, and it plays well with any little bumps or dry patches you might have due to an acne treatment regimen. Used with a setting powder or a pressed powder touch it does the job for me! I would repurchase.

on 2/19/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in extremely dry and I've been having troubles finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate that. I saw this online and took a chance by ordering the lightest shade (Nude 01), I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this shade fit me almost perfectly (maybe just a smidgen too light).

I wear this foundation without a primer and apply it with a flat top brush and it blends easily into the skin, cancels any redness, hides small pimples and best of all makes my skin look healthy with a semi-matte finish without clinging on to my dry patches! Due to my dry skin I don't set it with a powder, but it still stays put for roughly 10 hrs, which I find impressive! As an added bonus your skin will look fan-friggin-tastic on photographs when you wear this foundation.

on 3/29/2012 11:56:00 AM

I don't usually wear foundation due to the thick feeling, but I have a lot of redness and uneveness in my skin tone. I heard that this foundation had a lightweight feel so I decided to try it out and I'm super happy I did. This stuff feels as light as a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. The Nude 01 shade matches my skin perfectly! It evens out my skin and hides any minor acne I have. It leaves my face with a little bit of that dewy look that I love! I don't use any powder on top. I sweat a little bit at work and this stuff stays in place all day.

on 4/19/2012 11:17:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

My ulta just got in a bunch more Nyx products than they used to have and I perused them because I've always liked the makeup on their website. I've been looking for a foundation for a long time, it's very hard to find one that matches my skin at a reasonable price because I'm pale as a ghost! well I saw they had testers of this foundation at the store so I tried out 01 on my hand, and it matched so perfectly and the price was reasonable, I bought it! it's great so far, it matches me perfect, gives great semi-sheer coverage just to even out my skin! It's a tad bit yellowish compared to my skin but I'm super pink naturally so Iike getting a clear canvas to put blush/bronzer on. It does have a very dewy finish which is nice if you have dry skin, but most of my face is quite oily so I like to set it with my mac powder.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is an AMAZINGGG product, as everyone else on this page has mentioned. I use Soft Beige, because I'm fair but not pale. It blends SOO WELL, I noticed that right off the bat. It lasts for a very long time, considering I have VERY OILY SKIN. If your looking for an oil stopping foundation, this may not be the one for you, because I still needed powder, however it worked well with powder and I was fine! It gave my skin medium coverage which is perfect. Oddly, my skin has looked ten times better WITHOUT MAKEUP now then it ever has, even though this isnt geared towards helping acne. I had little acne marks and this seemingly took them away, I'm not sure why, but it's my miracle product. Go for it :)

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.

on 7/23/2012 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i love this foundation, it gives you a radiant glow and looks like a second skin, and even lasts pretty well too! i set it with the nyx hd powder foundation for a little extra coverage since it is pretty light coverage. only reason i didn't give it 5 lipsticks is because the lightest shade is a bit too pink for me,but the nyx powder i use over it is pretty yellow so it balances it out.

As for it being flash friendly, i don't think so. since it has light reflecting particles, while it makes your face look luminous,also reflects flash (as most foundations do). But for HD film or outdoor/non flash photography i would highly recommend it especially for the price!