NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.7

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/25/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because HD foundation is usually great for flash photography, eg nights out! The positive reviews on here persuaded me to purchase, and I got the foundation dirt cheap on Ebay.

I bought it in shades 01 and 03. 01 is very pale which is suited to my skin tone, but it makes my face look ghostly in photos! If I mix it with 03 photos come out better but still a little sickly. This is NOT high definition foundation, it is reflective and therefore awful for photography.

At first the texture seemed fine but now that I use this foundation more often (my beloved L'Oreal True Match ran out) I've noticed that it comes out of the bottle in a lumpy, not very smooth consistency. I can't apply it with my Sigma Sigmax kabuki brushes because it is a weird, oily texture, so it looks streaky and is REALLY hard to build up. I tried it with my hands and it was the same. I always use with primer that has worked with other foundations.

Awful product, never buying ever again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.

I did not like this foundation too much. I really wanted to, because I was looking for a foundation without SPF as I find SPF often dries out the skin and looks strange in photos.
I don't really have anything positive to say about this foundation - it was super sheer, which to me, defeats the purpose of a foundation all together.

To me, it seems more like a tinted moisturizer that barely covers anything.
To make matters worse, the price is a bit much for a drugstore foundation. At $20 Canadian, I expected a lot more.
It's going straight back to Target

on 1/18/2013 10:01:00 AM

I am so freaking disappointed with this product. Mainly because Iīve been using the same foundation for over a year, the one from elf. Itīs actually better for me. I thought Iīd try something more expensive to see if I was missing out on anything and I saw so many great reviews I thougt itīd be legit.
My shade was sold out when I really needed a new foundation so I decided to go for the lightest one, which isnīt terrible, it blends pretty well into the skin.
My nose looks like a hot mess with this foundation, SO DRY.
Iīm not going to complain about coverage, which is very little, because I think these HD photogenic foundations are more about making the face reflect light or something.
I donīt think this works well with powders, it gets all muddy.
Most NYX products arenīt very pricey here in Iceland but this was a hard bite for me to swallow because it cost me around 40 dollars :(
Iīm still going to try and make it work!

on 12/28/2012 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found that this foundation doesnt work well for dry skin and wore off too quickly. The shade matched my skin well but it just sat on top of my dry flajy skin. in less than an hour i could see oil shine through, mypores and all the flaws my foundation is supposed to hide so whats the pont?

I do not recommend for people with dry flaky skin. No matter what i did o moisturize or exfoliate to prepare my skin, this foundation was a fail. Doesnt last and coverage is terricle.

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

on 1/27/2013 3:18:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Depending on what your needs are, this is actually a pretty good foundation. It blends well and has good coverage. My problem with it is that it's probably a little heavier than I really need and even when I pressed in my setting powder with a puff, it still looked very cakey for some reason. It's still my backup foundation, but I find that I don't have the cakeyness problem with UD's Naked Skin weightless ultra definition.

The packaging with this NYX foundation is really good. The pump is cleaner and a little bit goes a long way. The size is great for traveling. I don't really notice a problem with oxidizing that I guess some people have, but I also use a setting powder and setting spray, so if you're having a problem with that maybe using those things will help.

Overall, I wouldn't recommend this to people like me who don't need anything more than light coverage to even out redness. But, for people who want a solid medium coverage foundation and don't mind working out the cakeyness issues, I'd definitely recommend trying this out.

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential

On the hunt again..

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.