NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.3

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Combo skinned, NC25. Sand beige was a good match. Application was easy and glided well. Fresh application looked nice. But oop - not three hours later was this already starting to cake on me and oxidize as well.

on 11/28/2013 10:27:00 PM

This foundation was a disappointment. All I can do is give this a huge NO. It made my skin oily, made my face feel heavy, and broke my face out. My mother uses this foundation and she seems to like it. If you are prone to acne, I would "nyx" this product. The concealer, however, is completely different!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After reading so many positive reviews, I decided to purchase this. Because I wear foundation everyday, it can be kind of expensive and this was about $15 at Ulta so it's affordable. Unfortunately it wasn't for me. I thought it went on pretty streaky and provided almost no coverage at all. Every dry patch and blemish stuck out like crazy. Worst of all it gave me the most awkward zit I've ever had in my life. A giant cyst in the middle of my neck! I guess if you have nearly perfect skin this would be a good choice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product and am so disappointed that I can't use it again. :( The lightest color is absolutely perfect for me. The packaging is a dream, I much prefer the pump to a bottle like Revlon's Colorstay (horrible). The coverage is just perfect for me as well, I would say that it's pretty heavy-duty without feeling heavy at all.
That being said, I believe this broke me out. After using I suddenly had all these breakouts on my cheeks and could not figure out what it was from; one by one I stopped using all of my products to try to isolate the culprit, and then eventually looked at the ingredients of this foundation. And I found that there is oil in it, which does make me upset... I may have continued using this foundation otherwise.
Also, though, when I applied it to my whole face I could easily see the blending marks and feel it on my skin like grease. I think it would be better for girls with dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

No matter how I tried to thin this out, this product goes on thick and gives you that 'made up' face. While the finish is beautiful, it's not very natural. It's thick and feels somewhat heavy. I noticed that I sweated more than normal when wearing it. It also doesn't hold up well against oily skin and I don't like how easily it transfers on to clothes, scarves, other people, etc..

The colors I used were 2 parts Warm Sand and 1 part California Tan. The initial look was immaculate. It's the practicality of the product that was the problem. The pump is convenient, the size of the jar for the price was phenomenal! But it's not long lasting and it feels "heavy"...that's the only way I can describe how it feels. It felt as if my skin was suffocating.

I would probably wear this to take pictures, but then go home and wash it right off. I also don't see myself wearing this for everyday use. I gave it a 3 because of the coverage it provides for a liquid...but aside from that, I don't like it.

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential

On the hunt again..

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This product, although not perfect, is magnificent for it's price.
I use it in Warm Sand, and it fits my tanned skin perfectly. It has a lot of yellow/orange pigment (hence the name Warm Sand), and it covers all of the redness, broken vessels, and acnes on my face perfectly. I need a little bit of concealer to cover the very dark acne scar, but for the milder scars I don't need any concealer at all.
It's not matte, a little bit dewy, and it doesn't make my oily face greasy like a frying pan (though I do have to touch up my face with powder every 2-3 hr). The smell is a tiny bit weird, but it's gone after a minute anyway.

Pros:
- Medium to heavy coverage, and it's buildable
- No ashiness at all on my tan skin (which is hard to get from drugstore foundations)
- Cheap price
- Could stay up to 6-7 hr when you use it with a primer
- Truly HD, you could take pictures with as much flash as you like
- Hygienic since it comes with a pump

Cons:
- A little bit heavy on the face, unlike MUFE HD Foundation
- Plastic packaging (but with the price, who am I to complain)

Will I buy it again? Yes, this is definitely my fave drugstore foundation.

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I was pretty committed to my Smashbox 15-hour but have a hard time putting the expensive stuff on when I know I'm just running to the grocery store or something. I read the positive reviews here and decided to just get it and am so glad I did. I bought this several months ago and have almost completely stopped wearing the Smashbox 15-hour - this NYX really is a lot better! I am NC25-NC30 and wear Sand Beige. The coverage is amazing - I apply with a damp sponge and can layer the results if I need to. The consistency is very spreadable but the coverage on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation is like that of a traditional foundation. My skin really does look nicer in photography, too - very smooth and even. When I get a new ULTA coupon I will likely go buy a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd, bottle.