NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.8

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 5/19/2014 10:37:00 PM

Talc-free. Heavy coverage, but tends to be chalky and settles into fine lines and emphasizes dryness and wrinkles. I always use this with a BB cream or moisturizer, otherwise it's too drying. The finished look appears more matte and heavy. I wouldn't repurchase, since I prefer the more natural look that comes with BB creams.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. This left my face looking chalky right off the bat, & after a few hours it had completely faded off and/or cracked in patches. For the record, I put this on my freshly washed & exfoliated face after following up with moisturizer AND Smashbox foundation primer. I had high hopes for this as a MUFE dupe, but it doesn't even come close. NYX is amazing at making high quality dupes, but this foundation is not one of their better ones. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday foundation. The lightest shade (Nude) is an excellent match for my very pale, yellow undertone (think NC5-10/Nars Siberia/L'Oreal W1) skin. It's one of the few "drugstore" foundations in existence that's light enough for me without being too pink. Coverage is light to medium, and I find it easily buildable to medium with no caking. It doesn't cover all blemishes but it does cancel mild redness on my cheeks. One pump is enough for light coverage, another half pump if I want more coverage in problem areas. You're never going to get flawless coverage with this unless you already have excellent skin -- this foundation's strength is in a natural, everyday look.

It doesn't oxidize on me, doesn't pool in my large-ish pores, doesn't break me out. It doesn't contain sunscreen, which I love because I prefer to do that as a separate step. I've never noticed a scent and I'm usually very sensitive to scented products. This foundation's worst (maybe only) fault is its staying power. I can get 4, maybe 5 hours of wear before fading becomes noticeable. Primer helps. Recently I've been using it over Tarte's new BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair, which is a little on the pink side but it doubles the wear time and gives a slight coverage boost. One other thing: I don't like the way my pressed powders look with this foundation. (Maybe it doesn't like the talc, and really, who can blame it?) I suggest a loose finishing powder instead -- e.l.f. Studio HD powder pairs beautifully with this. If using a talc-based powder with this foundation, use a fluffy brush and a very light hand.

on 12/28/2012 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found that this foundation doesnt work well for dry skin and wore off too quickly. The shade matched my skin well but it just sat on top of my dry flajy skin. in less than an hour i could see oil shine through, mypores and all the flaws my foundation is supposed to hide so whats the pont?

I do not recommend for people with dry flaky skin. No matter what i did o moisturize or exfoliate to prepare my skin, this foundation was a fail. Doesnt last and coverage is terricle.

on 8/26/2012 2:55:00 PM

Pros ~ great packaging, buildable coverage, dose NOT cause break outs, nice rang of colors, great concistancy, great staying power when used with primer!

Cons ~ I seriously can't think of one!!!

I have been using this for the last year! What can I say... Luv, Luv, Luv!! I use this foundation with the HD Studio Photo primer. I find you can get different levels of coverage depending on what you apply it with. Sponge = light/med and Brush = med/full. I use a brush and set it with the HD grinding powder. The biggest bonous for me is it does not cause breakouts! I have tried a lot of different lines... I the drugstore category this is the only one I will use! I really like the constancy of this foundation as well. It not to thick and it's not to runny. It's right in the middle which gives you plenty of time to work with it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I was pretty committed to my Smashbox 15-hour but have a hard time putting the expensive stuff on when I know I'm just running to the grocery store or something. I read the positive reviews here and decided to just get it and am so glad I did. I bought this several months ago and have almost completely stopped wearing the Smashbox 15-hour - this NYX really is a lot better! I am NC25-NC30 and wear Sand Beige. The coverage is amazing - I apply with a damp sponge and can layer the results if I need to. The consistency is very spreadable but the coverage on my acne scars and hyperpigmentation is like that of a traditional foundation. My skin really does look nicer in photography, too - very smooth and even. When I get a new ULTA coupon I will likely go buy a 2nd, and possibly a 3rd, bottle.

on 6/19/2012 10:34:00 PM

I'd been looking for a somewhat inexpensive foundation that photographed well, was kind to my dry skin, and went on without looking too cakey. I have to say this NYX HD foundation fit the bill!
The first couple of times I applied it (with the ELF flat top powder brush), it didn't really have that airbrushed look I was going for. For the heck of it I tried the ELF blush brush and it worked perfectly! I got the flawless look with just 1 pump so I'm not using a ton of product to cover my face.
It still looked great after a day of running around doing errands in the heat, and I would definitely buy it again.

on 4/29/2012 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely adore this foundation! My HG foundation is Nars Sheer Glow in Syracuse but at $42 a pop and no pump I found myself looking for a cheaper replacement. Its not exactly the same but I love it none the less! The coverage is medium but very buildable on me. There is no SPF so it photographs just lovely. There are no shimmers yet it gives my skin a dewy look which is what I love about my Nars. The best part is it comes with a pump!

I got it from Ulta. The cost is normally $14.99 however, they had a buy one get one 50%off sale & I had a coupon for $3.50 off. I picked up 2 bottles (1.26 oz each btw) in the shade natural beige 06 for $20!! It matches perfectly! I tried Revlon Photoready...I looked like a glittery HOT MESS and NONE of the colors worked for my shade. I am an NC42 and sometimes NC44 for reference. Ladies (and some of my fashionable guys) don't sleep on this one! It's definitely a keeper ;-)

I never had high expectations for this foundation, simply because of the limited reviews and lack of knowledge on shade availability---I ordered this online and shipped to Canada. With that being said, I took a gamble and won! I am generally NC20-25 and purchased this in the shade 04 Sand Beige. This shade matches quite well and doesn't oxidize, and I do have an oily tzone.

This blends so easily and is workable with a brush, sponge, or even just your fingertips. My favourite method is with a beauty blender as the finish is very natural. This doesn't dry immediately, so you do have a bit of time to work with it. I don't wear a primer with this, but do apply this over an SPF 55 sunscreen, as this doesn't contain any, and it has lasted from 8am to 10pm, with only a touch up on my nose with some blot powder. I can't say for sure this will work that well on it's own, as I never go a day without sunscreen and don't plan to do so. The packaging is okay---plastic pump bottle with a lid. However, at $15 USD I would expect something more substantial.

On a sidenote, this is nothing like the MUFE HD foundation. While they both photograph nicely, this has light to medium coverage whereas I would say the MUFE has medium to full coverage. The MUFE truly gives a flawless look, whereas this still requires some extra concealing/layering of products to acheive the same look MUFE gives. This does feel lighter on the skin than MUFE, but again, the coverage is not as heavy. I would purchase this again, and would venture into more of the HD lineup.

UPDATE:
You can now purchase this at select London Drugs locations for $17.99 CDN, where testers are available. There are only eight shades to choose from at this time, along with 4 shades of the HD powder to choose from.

**The full line of NYX is not available, but select shades from their more popular products are**

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

*update*
I still love how this foundation wears - it lasts a lot longer on me than the MUFE version. However, I am lowering my rating due to the horrendous shade selection.
I don't understand why NYX offers 8 shades, but so many of them are so similar. For example, look for swatch comparisons between #2 Soft Beige and #4 Sand Beige. They are almost identical! #3 Natural is about 2 shades darker than both of these.
Then if you look at #6 Natural Beige and #7 Warm Sand, you'll see that again, they are almost identical in depth, but Warm Sand has more yellow/olive undertones. #5 Medium is oddly orange (I can't imagine anyone actually being that color).
If you are about NC25 you're lucky - #4 Sand beige will be perfect for you, and if it's a bit dark, try #2 - they looked very similar when I swatched them (#2 might be nc20 - i'm not sure). However, if you're in the NC30-35 range, you won't find any matches - #6 and 7 are wonderful shades but they are more for the NC40-42 range. #3 Natural might work for NC35-37 (but it's a lot less yellow) but if you are a bit lighter, it will pull orange.
You will likely have to mix shades for this foundation to work for you. If you're okay with that, definitely try this because it's a great formula! (of course, some have said that they're allergic to an ingredient in it so do a patch test first)
-----
I have been shopping for HD foundations that wear well for almost a year now. I never wore foundation prior to a year ago, so I really had to learn a lot in very little time.
I first tried Revlon Colorstay. It seemed to have a slight white cast, plus the 2 shades closest to my skin tone in the normal/dry formula have pink undertones. Fail.
Then I tried Rimmel Lasting Finish. Wow, talk about minerals reflecting the light! The Colorstay white cast was nothing compared to this.
Then I found Almay TLC. Much better, but the 2 shades I picked out for me (240 neutral and 260 sand) were just a tad too light for my skin tone (and therefore, white cast). Interestingly enough, this foundation did not give me as bad of the ghost face as Rimmel, even tho Almay TLC has SPF. This one lasts and lasts and lasts, and is an awesome foundation, if only there was a right shade for me.
I tried MUFE HD a few times. I got matched to a different one each time I went to Sephora. This is because, out of all the 25 shades, there isn't 1 that matches me perfectly. I guess I have come to accept my in-between-ness when it comes to foundations.
I still wanted to like MUFE HD. I tried it a couple of times (in 127 and 123), but it just melted off my face in a matter of a few hours. I applied it at 8, and by 2, I looked like a big ball of grease.
I also bought NYX HD, first in 04 sand beige, which turned out a little too light for me. I then got 07 warm sand, and mixed the two. Perfect! I wore this to an all day event, applied the foundation at 7, and by 8pm I took a photo and my skin still looked flawless! I was a little shiny in my forehead, but I hadn't even touched up/blotted oil all day, so I found NYX HD to wear extremely well.
Now, it does have a slight flowery scent that I dislike. I don't know why they feel the need to add this scent, and it does smell very similar to the concealer in a jar, as another reviewer commented. However, I'm happy to report that this foundation has yet to break me out, and my skin is extremely sensitive. My forehead often gets little bumps from irritation from a new product.
Overall, I am so excited that I found this foundation. It is priced reasonably enough that I don't mind having to purchase multiple bottles and mixing them. I would like to try 03 natural next time, as I suspect that one may be closer to my skin tone (though it may be less yellow than my skin tone).