NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 25-29
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.8

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 12/8/2011 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely hate to love this foundation. The Pros: Provides an almost flawless finish and gives me the 'my skin but better' look, doesn't really enhance my dry areas (I have combination skin),doesn't settle into my smile lines, the packaging is awesome, it's plastic but it's a harder plastic and won't smush while traveling, has a pump that is great to control. My color is 02 Soft Beige and it's suprisingly a perfect match. Paired with the primer, I think it works wonderfully. The Cons is the fragarance but it dissipates almost immediately after applied. Also, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to apply so it's really trial and error to see what method works for you, my method of application is either my fingers or a foundation brush. Another huge Con that I am considering whether or not I will buy this again is how it feels. On my face it feels good, however, after a few hours, when I touch the side of my face (on a non-oily part of my face, my cheek, which is normal) I press the back of my hand on my cheek when I look at my hand it looks greasy, ala, it transfers. Also, when I answered my phone and after I ended the call, I saw a transfer pattern on my screen, yuck. I have never had to set my foundation due to my skin being on the drier side but with this, I feel like I have to otherwise it feels sticky. So I really do not know if I would purchase again. But on the other hand, there are so many Pros about this foundation and I really love how it looks in photos and in person, that I am undecided if I will purchase it again. Another slight Con is this foundation is not available in stores, only online, so color matching could be tricky but I got lucky in finding my perfect match. I am about a nc20-nc25, between those colors, and Soft Beige works wonderfully for me. Also, this foundation did not oxidize on my skin, which I was thankful for. I would def.recommend this foundation if you have no issues with setting your foundating with powder, but if you have really oily skin or super dry skin, it made still feel sticky and setting your foundation with a setting powder may make your face look cakey, that is why I normally never set my foundaiton. But would I tell others to buy it? The Pros outweigh the Cons so it's up to you to decide.

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential

On the hunt again..

I did not like this foundation too much. I really wanted to, because I was looking for a foundation without SPF as I find SPF often dries out the skin and looks strange in photos.
I don't really have anything positive to say about this foundation - it was super sheer, which to me, defeats the purpose of a foundation all together.

To me, it seems more like a tinted moisturizer that barely covers anything.
To make matters worse, the price is a bit much for a drugstore foundation. At $20 Canadian, I expected a lot more.
It's going straight back to Target