NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

3.8

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this foundation. It has decent medium coverage, but it can be built up for a more full coverage look. The formulation is light and so far I really like it for summer. The wear is alright, I think I wore it for 8-ish hours before it was gone. This foundation actually looks really good in photos with flash as opposed to other drug store foundations that claim to be HD or Photoready. I purchased the color HD02 Soft Beige. I'm an NC15-NW15, Colorstay buff, Laura Mercier Rose Ivory. The shade is definitely not the right shade. It is probably a full shade darker than my skin, and it is orangey. I was very upset when I first swatched the shade on my hand and then compared it to colorstay because the difference was bad. However, after applying to my face and blending into my neck a bit it looked fine. It made me look at bit peppier, my dull pale skin can make me look dead sometimes. Next time I will probably go with the lightest shade, because it would be a better match.

on 10/2/2011 7:59:00 PM

i am very impressed by this foundation. i am generally not a fan of liquid and am very picky with which ones i will actually wear. this one glides o9n very easily and feels weightless. i have light to medium beige skin so i mix nude and warm sand to create the perfect color. the bottles are nice and light with a pump and the foundation doesnt settle or separate while sitting in my case for long periods of time. this has a natural matte finish and works very well for photography. this has a pleasant light scent to it and is cruelty free. i highly recommend this and am very happy nyx has improved the quality of their makeup with the new releases that have been coming out.

on 12/8/2011 1:00:00 PM

I absolutely hate to love this foundation. The Pros: Provides an almost flawless finish and gives me the 'my skin but better' look, doesn't really enhance my dry areas (I have combination skin),doesn't settle into my smile lines, the packaging is awesome, it's plastic but it's a harder plastic and won't smush while traveling, has a pump that is great to control. My color is 02 Soft Beige and it's suprisingly a perfect match. Paired with the primer, I think it works wonderfully. The Cons is the fragarance but it dissipates almost immediately after applied. Also, I find that sometimes it can be tricky to apply so it's really trial and error to see what method works for you, my method of application is either my fingers or a foundation brush. Another huge Con that I am considering whether or not I will buy this again is how it feels. On my face it feels good, however, after a few hours, when I touch the side of my face (on a non-oily part of my face, my cheek, which is normal) I press the back of my hand on my cheek when I look at my hand it looks greasy, ala, it transfers. Also, when I answered my phone and after I ended the call, I saw a transfer pattern on my screen, yuck. I have never had to set my foundation due to my skin being on the drier side but with this, I feel like I have to otherwise it feels sticky. So I really do not know if I would purchase again. But on the other hand, there are so many Pros about this foundation and I really love how it looks in photos and in person, that I am undecided if I will purchase it again. Another slight Con is this foundation is not available in stores, only online, so color matching could be tricky but I got lucky in finding my perfect match. I am about a nc20-nc25, between those colors, and Soft Beige works wonderfully for me. Also, this foundation did not oxidize on my skin, which I was thankful for. I would def.recommend this foundation if you have no issues with setting your foundating with powder, but if you have really oily skin or super dry skin, it made still feel sticky and setting your foundation with a setting powder may make your face look cakey, that is why I normally never set my foundaiton. But would I tell others to buy it? The Pros outweigh the Cons so it's up to you to decide.

on 12/24/2011 4:53:00 PM

i bought this in sand beige, and it works well, although it is a tad bit too dark for me..so i will go a shade lighter next time. my only complaint is it is only sold online so you cant color match. it covers well and looks excellent in pictures.

on 1/25/2012 6:13:00 PM

A great foundation!! To start, I'm around a NC-25 and the Sand Biege 04 shade works perfectly for me. I've never been much of a foundation wearer because of the shade selection for my very yellow-based skin tone as well as worrying about streaking, application time, etc. With that said, if I ever want any coverage, I usually use a BB cream since I can apply it with my fingers like a moisturizer. The problem is with its high SPF content, flash photography is horrible with BB creams... hence I needed a non-SPF foundation for those nights out and photos will be taken.

NYX HD foundation turned out to be perfect for this! The color match is spot on. I can apply with my fingers or use a flat top brush (which I found to be much faster and more dewy). I had a very nice glow in my flash photos. Definitely awesome! The bottle is plastic but it does have a pump which helps things stay hygienic. The texture also not truly a liquid (like colorstay) but thicker like a thin moisturizer. Coverage is light to medium. Price is around $15, which I found to be way worth it since it was in every way, what I needed.

on 1/30/2012 12:39:00 PM

I'm loving it!! Ordered of ebay for a few $$ cheaper. It works well with my dry skin I start with a washed & moisturized skin then apply with a flat top brush. I would say it's a medium coverage but could probably layer on for full. Easy to wash as well. I would def order again.

on 2/19/2012 6:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

My skin in extremely dry and I've been having troubles finding a foundation that doesn't accentuate that. I saw this online and took a chance by ordering the lightest shade (Nude 01), I'm very pale with yellow undertones and this shade fit me almost perfectly (maybe just a smidgen too light).

I wear this foundation without a primer and apply it with a flat top brush and it blends easily into the skin, cancels any redness, hides small pimples and best of all makes my skin look healthy with a semi-matte finish without clinging on to my dry patches! Due to my dry skin I don't set it with a powder, but it still stays put for roughly 10 hrs, which I find impressive! As an added bonus your skin will look fan-friggin-tastic on photographs when you wear this foundation.

on 2/29/2012 4:43:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product (mostly bc I had not seen a bad review and really need a photo friendly foundation). I bought mine at Ulta and picked shade 02 after trying out the samples.
I could not make this look flawless. First off, to get fairly good medium-full coverage, I had to use 2 pumps per each side of my face. That would not bother me, as I am willing to use extra product and use it up faster if it works for me. The product creases badly, did not do anything for my pores - and I used Revlon's primer. Setting powder, spray of fix plus, I thought I was gonna look fabulous. Couple hours into it, the foundation broke down so badly that I had to use powder foundation over it to cover the bare spots of my face. I am not that oily, foundation just somehow separated and disappeared from random spots on my face. It ate up my bronzer and blush so I had to reapply.
It iis oily looking with enlarged powers after 5hrs wear... :<
I am so disappointed! I know NYX does not state that the foundation is long wearing but I expected more than that.I can also feel it on my skin.. As if extra layer is hanging on me. NYX HD primer under eyes did not work with this foundation as it dried out no matter if I applied eye cream or primer first.
I must say that if I forget about the poor coverage and terrible lasting power, it made my face look fabulous in a phone flash pic upon application.
Unfortunately, if the product fades before I even get to an event, it is a major fail for me. I will buy the HD powder which is supposed to be long wearing and try to put it on top..see what happens.

I am going to return the product asap though.
3 lippies for packaging, ok price, and great photo potential

On the hunt again..

on 3/29/2012 11:56:00 AM

I don't usually wear foundation due to the thick feeling, but I have a lot of redness and uneveness in my skin tone. I heard that this foundation had a lightweight feel so I decided to try it out and I'm super happy I did. This stuff feels as light as a tinted moisturizer but with more coverage. The Nude 01 shade matches my skin perfectly! It evens out my skin and hides any minor acne I have. It leaves my face with a little bit of that dewy look that I love! I don't use any powder on top. I sweat a little bit at work and this stuff stays in place all day.

on 5/16/2012 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I thought this would be my HG foundation since I bought it... when I first used it, my skin was quite oily and the colour matched beautifully... but over the next few hours I observed it was a bit orange/peach (I do need a yellow undertone) but it wasn't so bad when set with powder, still much better than a lot of foundations I'd used before.

Unfortunately (depending on how you look at it) my skin has been transitioning from quite oily to now combination... so I have dry patches where I've had breakouts and the foundation really emphasises those dry patches when I apply it. It looks pretty horrendous on those areas actually!

Despite that, I wore this foundation while getting some passport photos taken as I didn't want a white cast on my face for 10 years in some photo, and being an 'HD' foundation, this certainly did the job and left no yucky white cast (which would have left my skin looking very ashy) which was great.

This foundation photographs well and is light to medium coverage in my opinion. It would definitely suit oily skin but not so much if you have lots of dry patches especially from where breakouts were as it does tend to emphasise any dry skin, which is unfortunate

I really like this foundation but since my skin is changing, my needs are changing and I can't give it as many lippies as it probably deserves!