NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
NYX Professional Makeup Hd foundation
Hd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundationHd foundation

2.9

Deionized Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Diethylhexyl Maleate, Butylene Glycol, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane/Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Kaolin, Sodium Chloride, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil , Sorbitan Olivate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone crosspolymer, Cyclomethicone/Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene carbonate, Chlorphenesin, Fragrance, Hydrogenated Vegatable Oil, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Alumina, VP/VA Copolymer, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, C12-14 Pareth-7 , Amodimethicone, Adipic acid/ Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer , Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Copper Peptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8,and Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4. MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Yellow Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Red Iron Oxides (CI 77491), or Black Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

There is so much to say about this foundation. I wanted this foundation because i hate spf in my foundation, i find it useless just apply a cream or sunscreen with spf under cause the spf in makeup doesn't help that much. Moreover, I take a lot of pictures and i hate that ghostly white look. So i decided to buy this. I am an NC 30 and i get this in medium, but it was way too orange for me. and the shade below was pinkish and too light for me. So whatever i bought medium because i would take pictures in night and you can't see the orange-ness in the night.

The coverage of this foundation is amazing, it is medium to slightly full coverage. I even used this as concealer and it looks flawless. I do need concealer just to give a bit coverage. The finish is nice. I loved everything about this foundation, well except the color selection.

ANYWAYS. so why did i rate it so low ?
I DONT have sensitive skin and after the first application, in five minutes i had bumps all over my face. I was allergic to one of their ingredients and its so strange because i never had a problem with foundation before and this is my first foundation that gave me a huge allergic reaction. It's been two days since i tried it on and the bumps are still there.

SO moral of the story is, if you have sensitive or slightly sensitive skin, stay AWAY because if you do try it and get an allergic reaction, i'll be like i told you so. Moreover, even if you don't have sensitive skin like i do just be careful with this.

I guess this foundation was too good to be true. We weren't meant to be and i guess i can't use. I'm mad cause i actually liked this foundation :[

ALSO, if you live in queens new york city you can buy this foundation in jackson heights, a store called optima beauty store. they have the whole nyx line. Just felt like saying that because not everyone can buy nyx products on the internet.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

edit: found that this slightly oxidizes on me. :/ so knocking it down a lippie for that. also, i've found that this applies best with a stippling brush.
let me start this review off by saying that this is my first foundation. so technically, i'm a newbie to this stuff. but i think i've read/watched enough reviews/guides to know what i'm looking for in a foundation. and while NYX HD foundation isn't perfect, it is pretty damn good.
the shade i got, 04 Sand Beige, is a perfect match! well, actually, it's a liiiiittle bit lighter than my face, but it perfectly matched my neck and chest, which was what i was going for. however, i was lucky to be able to find a color match. i'm pretty disappointed in NYX's color range for this foundation. there are no shades available for people on the lighter and darker side of the spectrum. also, even if you do find a shade that's your color, it may end up being the wrong undertone for you. thankfully, Sand Beige is very yellow-toned indeed, so it matches me just right.
the coverage is pretty good as well. it's light-to-medium, i'd say, definitely buildable. i keep it at a light coverage though. i like that it has a light coverage, so that i don't feel like i'm wearing a mask/can let my skin breathe. keep in mind that i'm only using foundation to even out my skintone, not to cover up any significant scars/acne/etc. so if that's what you're looking for, this foundation may not offer enough coverage.
the finish is good, just not what i was expecting. i expected it to be dewier! on me, the finish is almost matte, but not quite, with a little bit of sheen on my forehead and cheekbones (it isn't greasy looking, it just looks like i'm naturally glowy, which is cool). it does make my skin look pretty flawless though!
the wear is good. i went through the entire school day without it wearing one bit. of course, almost everything has a longer wear time on me because my skin is so dry.
the ONE thing i didn't like is that, if i'm not careful when applying, the foundation makes my forehead look flakey, which is a bummer. it doesn't do this on the rest of my face, just my forehead!
so yeah. this was my first experience with foundation, and i must say i'm pretty pleased! this was my first day wearing it, so i can't be sure if it will break me out or not. if it does, i'll update this review. i don't think it will, as i don't have sensitive skin. so far, everything seems good! it's definitely worth the money i paid for it ($11.99 on cherryculture). if you're looking for an inexpensive foundation that will look good in pictures, this is a good bet!

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Nc25 in Mac - 04 is my exact match in Nyx hd foundation. Love it!!! So flawless and lightweight. Blends right into my skin I use a stippling brush!

Amazing foundation for 15$ !

THIS HD FOUNDATION IS THE BEST! for 3 years ive been using maybelline gel foundation and i wanted to try revlon photoready because of the coverage but it was so expensive so i bought this and it waaaaas soooo BEAUTIFUL! the shade i bought was a bit darker so what i do is to top it off with press powder and it is so lovely. HIGHLY recommended. i have oily skin, acne prone large pores, white heads, you name it! but this was the best full coverage for me. i still use my gel foundation from maybelline because its so light and natural but this nyx is just the thing! i hoped i helped. in te philippnes it just costs around 650 pesos compare to revlon of 900+++ pesos.

on 6/25/2012 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this foundation because HD foundation is usually great for flash photography, eg nights out! The positive reviews on here persuaded me to purchase, and I got the foundation dirt cheap on Ebay.

I bought it in shades 01 and 03. 01 is very pale which is suited to my skin tone, but it makes my face look ghostly in photos! If I mix it with 03 photos come out better but still a little sickly. This is NOT high definition foundation, it is reflective and therefore awful for photography.

At first the texture seemed fine but now that I use this foundation more often (my beloved L'Oreal True Match ran out) I've noticed that it comes out of the bottle in a lumpy, not very smooth consistency. I can't apply it with my Sigma Sigmax kabuki brushes because it is a weird, oily texture, so it looks streaky and is REALLY hard to build up. I tried it with my hands and it was the same. I always use with primer that has worked with other foundations.

Awful product, never buying ever again.

on 7/4/2012 3:47:00 AM

Oh my gosh! I honestly cannot believe how great this foundation is. I purchased it on a bit of a whim during my most recent trip to the grocery store. And I really was not expecting much from it, but woah was I wrong.

I'll start out by saying that I was previosuly using Revlon Colorstay for Combination/Oily Skin. I feel like I have always had a love/hate relationship with that foundation. I love the coverage...but I hate the feeling. Love the staying power...but hate how it looks absolutely terrible on ANY patch of dry skin, and it doesnt matter how well I exfoliated/moisturized, it's as if it went out of its way to find my dry spots and just cling to them. I loved how it did not break me out...but hated how the lightest shade available was still a little too dark for my skin. I could never just throw it on and go...no it needed careful blending. Even when I mixed it with my moisturizer it still did not match my skin any better. Also I found that despite my lightest application, I could never get Colorstay to really just blend in perfectly or give me that naturally flawless look, no matter what you could always just tell it was there.

Now on to the NYX foundation. My goodness, SO much better than Colorstay. It is so light. I mean honest I could plaster on multiple coats of this stuff, and it would probably still feel just absolutely wieghtless. It blends in BEAUTIFULLY, I never have to worry about my face looking like a different color than my neck. I dont have to work to blend this foundation in, as soon as I put it on i can just quickly rub it in without trying or being careful and it looks great. And finally I have found a foundation thats matches my skin PERFECTLY! I purchased the lightest shade (Nude) and it is just dead on for my skin, finally a brand has come out with a shade for us fair skinned ladies that does not come off looking orange or ashy. The coverage is great, Its not as strong as Colorstay, but it is very buildable. I find that with two pumps I am totally satisfied with the coverage. Two pumps covers most of my acne scars and discoloration. You will have to go in with concealer for any active acne or really dark scarring but you need to to that with any foundation really, even with Colorstay. One pump I find is all I need for a good evening out of my skin tone for days when I want to wear minimal makeup but still look fresh and pretty. It really brightens my face up and just makes it look so soft, almost airbrushed I find. As for the longevity of this product, It does not last as long as Colorstay, but I dont find that to be an issue, I get 6-8 hours of wear without touchups from this foundation before it starts to really wear down on me. Usually I just make sure to blot my nose with either a tissue or a blotting paper when I notice shine, maybe add a little powder and im good to go. It doesnt need constant touch ups, perhaps one or two throughout a long day. It holds up really well I find. I alway set this foundation with a good amount of powder, I believe that helps the staying power of it. I have fairly oily skin so powder is always needed for me with any foundation. if your skin is normal or dry, than my guess is that this foundation would work great for you even without powder and probably still last quite a while, but for us oily skinned ladies, use powder, because again with any foundation if you have oily skin, your going to need powder. AND the best part! It does NOT make me break out! In fact I think it MIGHT be helping my skin...ive noticed less acne in the past two weeks that I have been using this foundation, Its like is been healing quicker or somthing...im not too sure what is causing this, wether its the foundation or if my skin is just behaving itself, but either way this product has NOT caused me any breakouts or clogged pores. Plus it has a fantastic pump, finally, a pump from a good drugstore foundation. It is a very controlable pump as well. I quite enjoy the packaging. And it photgraphs beautifully, my skin never looks washed out, it just looks soft and and perfect.

I just love this foundation, I really dont understand why more people are not raving about it, Its a low cost foundation with a high end preformance. My guess is that because it is a NYX product, that because its drugstore that people are overlooking it and assuming that it wont work well. Try it out ladies, seriously, It is a fabulous foundation and I hope that NYX continues to sell it because I will be crushed if it gets discontinued.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product and am so disappointed that I can't use it again. :( The lightest color is absolutely perfect for me. The packaging is a dream, I much prefer the pump to a bottle like Revlon's Colorstay (horrible). The coverage is just perfect for me as well, I would say that it's pretty heavy-duty without feeling heavy at all.
That being said, I believe this broke me out. After using I suddenly had all these breakouts on my cheeks and could not figure out what it was from; one by one I stopped using all of my products to try to isolate the culprit, and then eventually looked at the ingredients of this foundation. And I found that there is oil in it, which does make me upset... I may have continued using this foundation otherwise.
Also, though, when I applied it to my whole face I could easily see the blending marks and feel it on my skin like grease. I think it would be better for girls with dry skin.

on 2/1/2013 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I remember reading reviews for this and running to a local store that sells some NYX products and couldn't find this on the shelf and asked the lady when they're getting it in and she said they won't be getting it. Oh the perks of being from South Africa.... fast forward a year or so and I finally had the opportunity as I got a Amazon gift card and first thing to come up was MAKE-UP of course and then this product came to mind and it was decided that i'd get it.For the price (if converted to my currency) it seemed like a bargain.

It arrived after 2 weeks and I was quite impressed by how slick the bottle is. It came with a pump and I have it in Soft Beige Color match was perfect! It was my first time buying foundation online so of course I was a bit terrified but match was good. Now on to the actual foundation...

The coverage wasn't so great for me. This was the first thing I noticed when applying. Note, I don't ever use my fingers/hands though to apply foundation. I either use a stippling brush or my beauty blender sponge. I had to go over my face three times to feel "okay" about my face. It seemed to blend smoothly though and wasn't difficult to work with. But to me the big letdown came with the finish. I hated it. I didn't like how it made my face look afterwards. I wouldn't say it made my face look dry but it just didn't have a "wow" finish like I'd get with some of my other foundations. Lasting power on this foundation also sucks. It starts to fade quickly and after a few hours it looks like I practically never put anything on it. In hot weather it also oxidized on my skin and my nose went really oily.

As for it's photogenic HD claims. I can't vouch for this. I didn't notice a particular difference. In fact I don't buy into all these hd claims. I've used a hd powder before and it made my face look far WORSE than better on camera. I wouldn't buy this again. It didn't work and for the hassle to get it for me it would be stupid to waste money on it again.

This is a wonderful foundation for the price. I used to use MUF HD foundation. But, being a student that was rather hard to re purchase. I wouldn't say this foundation is a dupe, but for the price this is wonderful! It has a very nice finish, and the packaging is awesome because it has a pump. The foundation is medium coverage so for someone who is wanting full coverage I would recommend mixing in a tiny bit of liquid concealer. I have very sensitive skin that reacts to many products. However, this did not cause me to break out. NYX also doesn't test on animals- which is a huge plus. I will continue to repurchase this & would recommend it to anyone.

Looking at the name, a buyer can make the connection between this and Make Up For Ever's HD foundation. I assume that this foundation was created to be a $15 dupe of the $44 Make Up For Ever one. Having been an owner of the latter high end foundation (and curious to try out a NYX face product, since I have not owned many of their products), I decided to give this one a go! I've also been in need of a replacement for a specific color, and this foundation seemed to fit the bill.
Firstly, I noticed, when I was sampling the colors, that there weren't many shade choices. 5, if I recall correctly. So, unless you have skin that can uncannily match one of these five diverse shades, then it will be difficult to find a perfect match. The color that I was looking for turned out to be 02 Soft Beige, and it seemed very pale when I first tested it. However, once I bought it and tested it on my face, it turned out to be a darker color. These shades are in the darker range; I am naturally very fair-skinned, and I will not be able to wear this foundation unless I am tanned.So, I guess this foundation will only be useful for a month or two of the year! Also, they are somewhat orange-toned. Not Jersey Shore orange, but definitely not neutral, either. Just a heads-up.
The actual consistency of the foundation was interesting. It's very flowy and liquidy when you first dispense it, but once you start to blend it, it turns out to be a thick, medium coverage foundation. You definitely need a brush for this, if you want coverage that isn't streaky. However, it does cover most imperfections, and does a great job of evening out skin tone. I usually don't use concealer with this! The finish itself is very dewy, and gives a nice glow- personally, I wouldn't risk getting photos done with this foundation, because it is quite reflective.
Staying power is all right- not perfect, but can last the whole day with primer, but still can smudge easily if you're oily. What I found interesting, and liked a lot, was the smell of this foundation. It is pretty strong, and very chemical, but it smells like pleasant chemicals, for lack of a better description. :) Overall, I do not think of this as anything to rave over- it is a decent foundation, just living up to my personal expectations. I recommend this foundation, but not with overflowing enthusiasm.
As for its performance compared with MUFE's foundation, I prefer the MUFE. I absolutely loved that foundation, and this one didn't live up quite as well. If you're wondering which one is better, I'd spend the $44 on the MUFE one.