4.2

price range

Reviews

3.0

6 months ago

Not my favorite of my mac liners. Just not the greatest payoff. I prefer a chromagraphic pencil (or a NYX knockoff) for a nude liner.

About reviewer (383 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan, Warm

HairOther, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

9 months ago

This is probably my HG lip liner. It is a deep salmon colour which leans in between pink and brown. I am quite particular when it comes to nude lips but would happily wear this shade just paired with a lip gloss. I'm NC20 and find it difficult to find nude liners that aren't too mauve but this is exactly what I was looking for. It wears really well too and gradually fades evenly rather than leaving an obvious line around the lips. I highly recommend as it lasts a long time too and doesn't need sharpening as often as other liners.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

a year ago

I really recommend this lip liner. I have small lips and I like to over line them only a little to enhance definition. The color is incredibly natural looking and flattering, as I have fair skin. It doesn’t look harsh or fake, and the consistency is very smooth. It blends into the texture very well. Flash photography and close ups don’t wash it out, either soI looked great on photo shoots.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I am deeply in love with this lip pencil. I got this and Soar together and I can’t seem to get enough of it. I normally use this as my lipstick with Revlon Supernatural on top of it! It’s so beautiful! It has a nice rosy brown colour - my perfect mlbb xo I will keep repurchasing this. I’m about NC 20.

About reviewer (82 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

I really like the color of this pencil! I am using it together with a lip balm, as a lipstick, to all over my lips.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

2 years ago

This is probably my HG Lip Liner. I own quite a few MAC Lip Liners including Whirl and Spice, however Bold Bare is the best for my everyday lip. I am NC20 and this is the perfect combination of pink and brown to compliment most lipsticks. I currently like Rosewood shades of lipstick and often wear shades such as MAC Fanfare and Cosmo and this compliments these shades perfectly. It is long-wearing and applies effortlessly. It actually took me quite a while to purchase because it is out of stock a lot. I highly recommend as it is very versatile and perfect for those who like brown-pink lipstick shades.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

The peachy pink nude to my lips! I own macs whirl lip pencil and love how it makes my lips look a slight mauve / pink / brown and lovely as a MLBB shade, however it gets too dark for my nude lipstick. I pair this with shy shine lustre lipstick and it's just perfect, gives it the right amount of peach without bordering over to coral. For reference, I'm tanned with warm skin tones and pigmented lips.

About reviewer (56 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan

HairBlack

EyesBlack

3 years ago

A little about me: I love a nude lip, but only when paired with the perfect liner. For literally years I was picking up every nude-esque liner I could find, hoping that I would find some suitable matches for the hoardage of nude lipsticks/glosses I had accumulated. Boldly Bare is what I would call a safe bet: it goes with SO many nude lip looks, from the super pale "Myth" look to the rosier lip combo I did today with NARS Dolce Vita. It was the palest nude liner that was available without being invisible on me, it is not an orangey nor a pink nude, just a true nude that in a chameleon like fashion works well with very light to medium shades. It is slightly paler than Subculture. It can dry out, but once it gets moving it goes on creamy, doesn't bleed and could last through Armageddon. I seriously have to pry this off at the end of the day. Don't mind one bit though, if it means having to reapply it less!! MAC liners don't disappoint and the pencil is easy as always, but the real highlight of Boldly Bare is how USEABLE it is. If you like nude lips I can just about promise you'll love this shade.

About reviewer (274 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

4 years ago

Didn't find it quite dark enough for me... I usually wear Spice... it really doesn't show up much or give a definite enough lipline I find... I like something that slightly shows round the lips a little darker.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

4 years ago

By far the most worn down of all the liners I own- which is always a good thing! Boldly Bare has become my 'go to' liner without even realising it. The flexibility of this product is just fab. It goes with so many of my lipsticks - especially Myth. It's a very natural pinky-brown which makes it look subtle yet still giving my lips the Kylie Jenner definition I just love!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age19-24