Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum

3.5

Water Deionized, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), Hyaluronic acid, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E (Tocotrienol), Ferulic acid, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Sodium Phytate, Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcelluloseb

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other

This is my first Vit. C serum and so far have been impressed.

Most serums seem to cost $$$ but this was on sale at Whole Foods for under $30.00.

Can definitely see brighter skin! Should have realized that acid means what it says; ended up decreasing use from every night to a couple of times a week because my skin was getting dry.

Might try some other MH products.

I have been using this serum in the mornings for just under a week and am very pleased with the results. I have red acne scars on my jawline (some due to ingrown hairs) that have been plaguing me for years and they are already becoming less noticeble. I have also noticed an overall improved and more even complexion. I am also using the lines Vitamin A and Exfoliating Serums (alternating in evenings), so it is possible the Vitamin C serum is more effective in conjunction with those products. I am so pleased that I am going to use additonal products from the Mad Hippie line. I am hoping that the large melasma patch on my forehead lightens with continued use!!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

A few years ago I used to make a simple vitamin C serum with the Heritage's Rosewater & Glycerin and L-ascorbic acid powder from the health food store. I had some nice brightening results, and I'm not really sure why I ever stopped using it... Fast forward to last year, I felt that my skin was looking pretty dull so I decided to go back to vitamin C.

My dusty bottle of powder had been expired for about 3 years at that point, so I did some online shopping around for vitamin C. Got sucked into the skincare rabbit-hole, scared myself off the DIY path, and started looking at alternative forms of ready-made vitamin C. This Mad Hippie serum seemed like the best option, so I tried it.

I liked it well enough as a serum, the ingredients list made me happy, the texture was great. It really was very pleasant to use. But I didn't see/feel results like I did back when I was using my DIY serum. I did use up the entire bottle. Towards the end I was adding 2 drops of The Ordinary's Resveratrol to give it a boost. I'm working my way through another vitamin C (Andalou Naturals Turmeric + C, also not L-ascorbic acid) serum, using the same resveratrol trick.

Ultimately, I'm going back to making my own serum, and maybe experimenting with just adding vitamin C powder directly to my toner or some of the more mediocre water-based serums I have lying around. If I ever develop a sensitivity to L-ascorbic acid I would come back to this Mad Hippie Vitamin C serum in a heartbeat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After more than a month of consistent a.m. use, I've had no results either way with Mad Hippie's Vitamin C serum. As a whole, I really like the ingredients the brand uses and would still try other products they make, but this felt like nothing at all.

FWIW, I've tried Truth Serum with good results, but it clogged my pores, so now I'm back to looking at at Skinceuticals, which sucks since they have a lock on the exact formula for their extraordinarily overpriced Vitamin C serum.

Edit: changed to one-star after accidentally giving it two stars initially.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This serum goes on nicely and evenly and did not aggravate my sensitive acne prone skin. However after using it religiously for two months I saw no improvement in my skin overall and no brightening of my sun spots or post acne marks. I will finish using it up but will not repurchase. I wanted to try it because it’s natural. (I prefer algenist genius vitamin c serum and Dr. Gross collagen and c serum over this as I’ve gotten better results from them)

I’ve tried Skinceuticals, Paula’s Choice, DIY, and several other vitamin C products and this one is above average for me. The benefits are:no silicone oils or other ingredients that irritate or break out my ultra-sensitive skin; a formulation that spreads over my delicate skin easily; availability at my local health food store; and, a moderate price vis a vis many competitors $30 (less online). The biggest downsides are packaging and results. I’ve had the top come loose twice in my travel bag. Perhaps this is a defect as I don’t have this with other products. Regarding efficacy, like the other C serums I have used (always diligently! My husband accuses me of skincare OCD), I don’t perceive many benefits. My main goals are reducing PIH, improving tone and texture. I keep trying new C products In case the benefits are stasis not improvement. A fool and her money?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this product as a substitute for my Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C serum (I live in Arizona and due to the heat I don't feel comfortable having the product shipped in the summer months). I have been using this product at least half the mornings for the last six weeks and have noticed no difference in my skin. No nice brightening effects, no evening out of the skin tone, no improvement in texture. Unlike my trusty CSS serum, which does all of the above. Perhaps this does not have a high enough concentration of vitamin C or maybe it is not at the right pH.

Was yellow brown color from the moment I opened it. Very disappointed. I will not purchase again. :(

I couldn't believe how soft this made my skin within one use! I purchased this to try to reduce old acne scars and sun spots and I think this is the part of my skincare routine that is actually yielding results. I love this product.

On my second bottle. Lightened post acne redness, brightened overall skin tone, smooths, hydrates. 2-3 drops once per day is all I need. Love this stuff!