Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum

3.5

Water Deionized, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), Hyaluronic acid, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E (Tocotrienol), Ferulic acid, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Sodium Phytate, Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcelluloseb

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

After more than a month of consistent a.m. use, I've had no results either way with Mad Hippie's Vitamin C serum. As a whole, I really like the ingredients the brand uses and would still try other products they make, but this felt like nothing at all.

FWIW, I've tried Truth Serum with good results, but it clogged my pores, so now I'm back to looking at at Skinceuticals, which sucks since they have a lock on the exact formula for their extraordinarily overpriced Vitamin C serum.

Edit: changed to one-star after accidentally giving it two stars initially.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This serum goes on nicely and evenly and did not aggravate my sensitive acne prone skin. However after using it religiously for two months I saw no improvement in my skin overall and no brightening of my sun spots or post acne marks. I will finish using it up but will not repurchase. I wanted to try it because it’s natural. (I prefer algenist genius vitamin c serum and Dr. Gross collagen and c serum over this as I’ve gotten better results from them)

I’ve tried Skinceuticals, Paula’s Choice, DIY, and several other vitamin C products and this one is above average for me. The benefits are:no silicone oils or other ingredients that irritate or break out my ultra-sensitive skin; a formulation that spreads over my delicate skin easily; availability at my local health food store; and, a moderate price vis a vis many competitors $30 (less online). The biggest downsides are packaging and results. I’ve had the top come loose twice in my travel bag. Perhaps this is a defect as I don’t have this with other products. Regarding efficacy, like the other C serums I have used (always diligently! My husband accuses me of skincare OCD), I don’t perceive many benefits. My main goals are reducing PIH, improving tone and texture. I keep trying new C products In case the benefits are stasis not improvement. A fool and her money?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this product as a substitute for my Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C serum (I live in Arizona and due to the heat I don't feel comfortable having the product shipped in the summer months). I have been using this product at least half the mornings for the last six weeks and have noticed no difference in my skin. No nice brightening effects, no evening out of the skin tone, no improvement in texture. Unlike my trusty CSS serum, which does all of the above. Perhaps this does not have a high enough concentration of vitamin C or maybe it is not at the right pH.

Was yellow brown color from the moment I opened it. Very disappointed. I will not purchase again. :(

I couldn't believe how soft this made my skin within one use! I purchased this to try to reduce old acne scars and sun spots and I think this is the part of my skincare routine that is actually yielding results. I love this product.

On my second bottle. Lightened post acne redness, brightened overall skin tone, smooths, hydrates. 2-3 drops once per day is all I need. Love this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, but I love it. It's extremely smooth and glides effortlessly over the skin, and sinks in beautifully. I'm not sure how to describe the smell - it's light and fresh and clean, with a bit of sweetness.

I had some light discoloration on my jawline and a bit on my cheeks, just small spots, and it has helped with those completely. I have more scarring from picking at my skin over time under my chin and approaching my neck, and it's slowly doing away with that as well. I'm really happy with that. Also, this product gives your skin a subtle glow that makes it look clean and healthy. It also makes it smooth! Sometimes I catch myself touching my face and remembering how much I love my Mad Hippie products. That sounds like such a plug. Lol!

I like the dropper bottles. They make me feel fancy :3 or like a scientist. Easy to use as well.

The bottle is 30ml for $33.99. I removed a lippie due to the fact that this can be a bit much for some (I am included in "some"), but still, it's so worth it. I use 2-3 drops of this once a day and have for over two months, and I don't think anyone could tell the difference between my bottle and a brand new one. It's just all-around excellent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the the Kiehl's Powerful Line Reducing concentrate which I love except for the price. Unfortunately this broke me out with cystic acne. It glides on effortlessly and does not interfere with make up. It's definitely worth a try but wasn't for me. Back to Kiehl's now, hoping my skin will recover soon.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I keep going back to this. It was about half the price when it first came out, so I am a bit disgusted with how expensive its gotten. But it is effective. My skin seems more hydrated and my pores look smaller when I use this consistently. I also think it's faded some discoloration on my face.