Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum

3.6

Water Deionized, Vitamin C (Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate), Alkyl Benzoate, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Glycerin, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea), Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis), Hyaluronic acid, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Vitamin E (Tocotrienol), Ferulic acid, Chamomile Flower Extract (Recutita Matricaria), Sodium Phytate, Xanthum Gum, Hydroxyethylcelluloseb

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I got this product as a substitute for my Cosmetic Skin Solutions Vitamin C serum (I live in Arizona and due to the heat I don't feel comfortable having the product shipped in the summer months). I have been using this product at least half the mornings for the last six weeks and have noticed no difference in my skin. No nice brightening effects, no evening out of the skin tone, no improvement in texture. Unlike my trusty CSS serum, which does all of the above. Perhaps this does not have a high enough concentration of vitamin C or maybe it is not at the right pH.

Was yellow brown color from the moment I opened it. Very disappointed. I will not purchase again. :(

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited to try this product. I have been looking for a cheaper alternative to the the Kiehl's Powerful Line Reducing concentrate which I love except for the price. Unfortunately this broke me out with cystic acne. It glides on effortlessly and does not interfere with make up. It's definitely worth a try but wasn't for me. Back to Kiehl's now, hoping my skin will recover soon.

On my second bottle. Lightened post acne redness, brightened overall skin tone, smooths, hydrates. 2-3 drops once per day is all I need. Love this stuff!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the first Vitamin C serum I've ever tried, but I love it. It's extremely smooth and glides effortlessly over the skin, and sinks in beautifully. I'm not sure how to describe the smell - it's light and fresh and clean, with a bit of sweetness.

I had some light discoloration on my jawline and a bit on my cheeks, just small spots, and it has helped with those completely. I have more scarring from picking at my skin over time under my chin and approaching my neck, and it's slowly doing away with that as well. I'm really happy with that. Also, this product gives your skin a subtle glow that makes it look clean and healthy. It also makes it smooth! Sometimes I catch myself touching my face and remembering how much I love my Mad Hippie products. That sounds like such a plug. Lol!

I like the dropper bottles. They make me feel fancy :3 or like a scientist. Easy to use as well.

The bottle is 30ml for $33.99. I removed a lippie due to the fact that this can be a bit much for some (I am included in "some"), but still, it's so worth it. I use 2-3 drops of this once a day and have for over two months, and I don't think anyone could tell the difference between my bottle and a brand new one. It's just all-around excellent.

I couldn't believe how soft this made my skin within one use! I purchased this to try to reduce old acne scars and sun spots and I think this is the part of my skincare routine that is actually yielding results. I love this product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I keep going back to this. It was about half the price when it first came out, so I am a bit disgusted with how expensive its gotten. But it is effective. My skin seems more hydrated and my pores look smaller when I use this consistently. I also think it's faded some discoloration on my face.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I am writing this review so I can kick myself and be reminded not to buy this product again. I read so many glowing reviews on iherb.com (lots of Korean girls love this and I know that Koreans care VERY much about skincare; they were comparing this serum to Estee Lauder's synchronized night complex serum in the brown bottle)--- the first time, it gave me small, red bumps and cystic zits. I ended up giving it to my mom who loves it.

I recently bought a second bottle (stupid, I know) thinking that maybe when I first tried it, my skin was just in bad condition and hopefully the second time, I will get the amazing brightening, tone-evening effect that everyone seems to rave about. Boy, was I wrong! It gave me red, patchy spots and cystic acne again. I think there is some ingredient in this that does not suit my skin very well.

Regarding the suspicious reviews below, I do also think that it's somewhat sketchy, but I think it is also a miraculous product for many people and it has really good ingredients. If you want to give this a shot to see if it delivers for you, you can use code YEW608 on iherb to get $10 off your first order.

After reading all the great reviews on this product I was SO hopeful for results. I just finished a bottle so I'm confident in saying that this product unfortunately did nothing for me. It didn't break me out but it also did not improve my skin tone or texture.

I love this product and have been using it a couple of years now. I had tried another first, MyChelle Vitamin C, but when I noticed a burning sensation when it got on my lips and a few other tender areas, it made me wonder if it was really good for me period. So I thought I would give Mad Hippie a try. It goes on so silky and I have never had any problems with it breaking out my skin or any burning sensations. Nearly all my products I use do not contain any harmful ingredients, and I am very picky what products I use on me and in my home. I am a Caucasian woman in my early 60's. Like I said early on, I love this product.