Mad Hippie - Cream Cleanser

Mad Hippie - Cream Cleanser

4.3

Deionized Water, Sesame Oil (Sesamum Indicum), Caprylic/capric Triglycerides, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Cetearyl Glucoside, Carrageenan Gum, Vegetable Glycerin, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium PCA, Green Tea (Camellia Sinensis Leaf), Jojoba (Simmondsia Chinensis), Squalene, Organic Macadamia Oil (Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia Chinesis), Yeast Extract, Glucosamine HCL, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Vitamin A (Retinyl Palmitate), Sodium Hyaluronate, Algae Extract, Orchid Extract (Orchis Mascula), Titanium Dioxide

on 10/27/2016 5:14:00 PM

I have just started using this product. I had a different product severely dry out my skin and this facial cleanser is working ( by working I mean not causing any further irritation or inflammation). I smooth this product on my damp face and work it in for 20 seconds and then rinse off with distilled water. I follow with the other products in their line and a few other of my holy grail products and so far this stuff has been doing a good job at keeping my skin tightened, pores have become noticeably smaller, and my forehead skin is a whole lot smoother. I use also use the vitamin c serum from mad hippie and the antioxidant facial oil from the same line. I am experiencing severe dryness and dehydration from another product I have been using so I have been pairing the products mentioned above with bioderma sensible AR anti-redness care moisturizer as a top coat to seal in the moisture from the base layers (it contains mineral oil and avocado oil) and also when my skin is feeling dry I also layer clinique moisture surge over night mask under the sensible AR moisturizer. It might be a little overboard but I have been noticing a drastic difference in how supple my skin is once again becoming. Hopefully I will have good luck with the Mad Hippie line because their products seem to contain some good ingredients so hopefully I won't have a reaction to any of their products. I am also going to try out their Vitamin A Serum and the Exfoliating Serum when my skin regains the moisture it needs but it make take a while for that to happen. I will add my reviews for those products when my skin can is more hydrated and I have tried them out. I also bought this product from a natural health food store in the city I live in and they were all sold out of the moisturizer and were low in stock in the other products. When i run out of these products I don't know if I will have an an issue repurchasing from in store because I never buy online so I will also keep you posted.
Update: I didn't like this product. I had really mad facial flushing after using this line and my scars became more noticeable. like pin pricks on my face and I didn't think that was even possible. Stopped using this product and now my skin is going back to normal. Black heads also became more noticeable.

on 1/17/2015 10:08:00 AM

This product is much creamier that I expected (despite the title), which is good because it did not dry out my skin. I used this product in conjunction with a konjac sponge. Had I not, I would have felt a film on my face afterward from the oil content. I am very pleased with the ingredients list, but I found this cleanser to be slightly greasy. It was very gentle though, and I am sure that those with sensitive skin could benefit from its use. I am on the fence about repurchasing at the moment.

I hate to be the one to ruin this product's perfect rating and I really wanted to like it, but I just can't. There are way too many ingredients for this product to be good for sensitive skin like mine. It started breaking me out by the third night I used it. Its overly scented and way too expensive for the amount of product you get. I'd rather cough up the extra 10 bucks for a bottle of Eminence. Earth Science also has a great cream cleanser for like $8 at whole foods. Long story short, theres better organic/cruelty free options out there.

on 12/21/2012 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've tried a lot of cleansers, and this one may be as close to perfect as I'm going to get. The consistency is nice and thick, and it does not disappear on my face the way some cream cleansers do. To me, a good cleanser should not leave your face feeling stripped when you rinse it. A cleanser should not make your face red or leave a film on it. I use this cleanser with my Clarisonic, and after I rinse, my face feels perfectly balanced. The ingredients seem to calm my sensitive skin. Moisturizer is optional after I wash with this cleanser because it does not strip, however, I do sometimes use Mad Hippie's moisturizer because it is a nice, light moisturizer and complements this cleanser.
As I mentioned, I do like to try various cleansers. Recently I tried Eminence Rose cleanser. It left a film and did not calm my skin like the Mad Hippie. I need to learn my lesson and stick with this awesome cleanser.

Another great product from Mad Hippie - I love everything in their line of products. This is a nice, gentle cleanser. I don't use it for make-up removal because I feel like I need something more hard core (I use mineral oil and Olay Foaming Face wash...phychologically I feel like I need the foam to feel like my face is clean of make-up!), but I use this face wash every morning in the shower for a quick, "pure" clean. I think it's PERFECT for that. Great way to wash face to start the day :) Not crazy about the packaging - the pump's very convenient until you get to less product. I can seriously dig at least two more weeks of product out by keeping it upside down and digging it out with the pump - but I like the product so much it's not enough of an annoyance to make me look for something else.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Mad Hippie's cream cleanser is great for anyone looking for a moisturizing cleanser. I have combination skin and have found that it works great for me.

The cleanser has a light, kind of nutty and pleasant smell to it. I use it twice daily and it always leaves my skin feeling great.

I *LOVE* the Mad Hippie line. There are four products in it, and my skin loves each and every one. It's an all natural cleanser in a lovely bottle with pump. It's full of wonderful ingredients that are wonderful for your skin. This cleanser does not foam, and has a lotiony texture. It cleans off every trace of makeup and leaves my skin clean, but not stripped in any way. I've had no breakouts and no irritation. If you're looking for an all natural cleanser, give this a try!

UPDATE: I've noticed the cleanser is not able to remove heavy duty sunscreens off my face. I will have to put this aside until the cooler months return. Origins Clean Energy cleansing oil is working fantastically in its place.