MAC Bronzing Powder

4.1

zinc stearate, isostearyl palmitate, lauroyl lysine, silica, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, magnesium myristate, phenoxyethanol (+/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxycholire, carmine, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake)

I have tried MANY bronzing powders since I started wearing makeup ten years ago. I get an amazing glow every summer, but the rest of the year, as a Scandinavian, I need some help. For me, the most important things in a bronzer is that it doesn't bother my skin(with clogged pores, pimples), a more brown and not orange shade, no shimmer. The price is not too important for me, as I tend to have my products for many months.

I use the shade "Matte Bronze", which is, as stated, a matte brown shade. It looks quite dark for us with somewhat light skin, but you can build up the colour as you want. Might still be too dark for those with very pale skin though.

Pros
+ Doesn't bother my skin
+ You can build up the colour
+ Does not get patchy, unlike other products I've tried
+ 100% matte and no shimmer
+ It's brown and not orange
+ Gives a natural bronzed result, as if you spent some time in the sun(application is key as well, obviously)
+ Reasonably priced
+ Comes with a mirror

Cons
- The packaging is in line with MAC's overall design, but it looks a liiiittle cheap for my taste

I love this product! There are other good bronzing powders on the market, but I keep coming back to this one. If you're looking for a bronzing powder that gives you more of a highlighted glow with shimmer, this is not the shade. I haven't tried the other shades they sell as they all seem to contain shimmer, but they should be good as well if you're not into a matte look. But if you're looking for a product that gives you a brown(and not orange) matte finish, this is the one!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this last summer along with the prep + prime bb and they both turned out to be huge disappointments to the point that I have them sitting aside ever since..
On my pale skin this bronzer looks ridiculously orange and it's not pigmented, I can't even remember why I bought it in the first place.
My go to bronzer is and always have been the chocolate soleil by too faced and I'm sticking with it

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I was so disappointed when i got this product!
I had heard so many people talk about this so I had really high hopes for it. I have mine in the color "matte bronze". I knew that it wasn't going to be super pigmented, which was why i wanted it, because I thought it would be perfect for a natural look. But when i swatch it there's literally NO pigment. I only used it 1-2 times before it got this really hard "film". I've tried to scratch it of a thousand times, but it just gets worse. I didn't even get a chance to make an impression of it, before I couldn't use it anymore.

Finally let's talk a little bit about the packaging. I love the packaging on most of the M.A.C products, including this one. It has a nice black, sleek case and inside of it there's a mirror.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I absolutely love this bronzer! It blends beautifully, the colours are amazing and it gives me the perfect bronzed look every time I use it! I use it as an eyeshadow every now and again for a simple summery look. The only thing that I wish they'd change is the size, I find myself going through this bronzer fairly quickly.

This is my favorite overall bronzer. I have it in the shade matte bronze. The pigment is not the best but I really like it because then I can build it up. It don't make my face look orange. It's just make me look healthy and fresh!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

best bronzer ever, not too dark or too light, has the right effect :) Im an NC30 and the shade I have is Bronze. The only problem is its like 30 bucks, which is a lot but they give a lot of quality product so it works out :)

Good bronzer but bought it in golden as i have pale skin but think i need a darker shade! It has a shimmer to it too.

MAC always gets a good rating from me on packaging just because of their recycling program. But this compact is generous and elegant looking. It feels very sturdy.

The bronzer (in the color Bronze with a light shimmer) lasted me a very long time, even with regular use. So it was a tremendous value.

I have combination olive skin. I alternate between wearing tinted moisturizer and full coverage liquid foundation. I also use pressed powder foundations when I want a very matte finish. This bronzer works well over any of those products.

I used my EcoTools brush with this bronzer. I'd like to try the MAC 182 Buffer Brush with this. It's on my wish list.

This bronzer goes on evenly, and it's a warm, natural looking shade of tan. I never "oranged out" with it.

I've worn this bronzer with a tan and in the dead of winter when my skin can look a bit ruddy and pale. It performs beautifully in all cases. Definitely a keeper. Will purchase again.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought several of these. Fits perfectly my NC35 skin. I use it mainly in summer, during the winter I prefer the matte bronze without the shimmers.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have this in the shade 'Matte Bronze' which is the perfect neutral-brown matte shade to use for contouring. What I love about it is that it's not extremely pigmented so its easily built up but not so sheer that it is time consuming. My skin tone can range from NC30-40 depending on the season, and I find this shade isn't too dark for me at any time. It creates almost a 'shadow' effect as it is very neutral-cool toned which is perfect.

It lasts about 8 hours on the skin I find which is standard for me with bronzers. The packaging as always with MAC is sleek and compact, with a mirror included. I am really impressed with this bronzing powder and I would recommend it for contouring on light-medium to tan skin tones.