Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

2.2

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is like Clinique's DDMG minus anything good in it (a tiny amount of Olive extract and Hyaluronic acid barely count).
I purchased this along with the matching cleansing gel as the two were on offer if purchased together. I didn't like the cleanser and I definitely do not like this. My skin broke out terribly by the 3rd day of using it at which point I checked out the ingredients list and realized almost every second ingredient was a silicone. I don't think I've ever seen so many in a product - not even a hair one!!
After reading so many good reviews on this I purchased on a whim, completely forgetting about DDMG and its silicones being the culprit behind my flakey and bumpy skin some years back. This did the same, but worse and much quicker!
If you're good with silicones and normal to oily/combination then this might work for you. If you aren't then steer well away from this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 10/23/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. I wanted it to make my skin look like its the flawless complexion of its spokesperson Washington’s. Instead, within two days, I noticed a fine rash everywhere I applied it. Looks like prickly heat. I’ve been using it for about three weeks and the rash has not cleared up. Unfortunately, I got two for one at Costco, so I have one unused jar that needs to find somebody who loves it or it will be donated or tossed. Rash notwithstanding, it just wasn’t that great. The fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it. Turbo charged baby powder mixed with industrial solvent? It also didn’t help my makeup go on better. It was absorbed sort of unevenly. My skin is oily and sensitive from lupus and rosacea. It didn’t burn, but it does seem to be the culprit of the rash on my face and upper chest. I won’t buy again.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 3/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am so disappointed that this product did not work for me. I have oily skin that is a little drier in the winter, but I still never have flaking skin. I used this product for one month and my forehead began to get dry and flaky. I was so confused as to what it was, I thought maybe my foundation is getting old. Then one day I wore it alone, with no makeup or any other products and I realized that it wasn't my skin that was dry! The product itself was literally flaking off my skin!!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else and I kept trying to make it work, because surely I can't be the only person out of THOUSANDS that this product doesn't work for. But alas I am.

If you have oily skin and all of a sudden start getting dry patches after using this product, please know it's the product flaking off your skin, not dry skin.

Looks like it's back to Coco butter for now

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This moisturizer broke me out :( i have sensitive skin,wouldn't recommend this to anyone with oily/combination skin!

on 10/15/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I love this! I usually don't use a moisturizer at all and haven't for as long as I can remember. I haven't ever been able to find one that doesn't a.) break me out, b.) feel too heavy, or c.) do both. Because I skip moisturizer, my skin was always really tight and not 'healthy' looking.

I started Esthetics school and quickly realized the damage I was doing not using a moisturizer. I bought this off of a recommendation and because of the fact that it's water based.. the Hyaluronic acid helped seal the deal a little as well.

Since I started using this my skin is softer, plumper, and more hydrated! It goes on silky and dries without leaving a trace of anything behind. The only thing I don't love is the packaging- the jar is unsanitary so I have to use a spatula to get it out which can be annoying.

I have normal/sometimes combination (I'm on Spiro which keeps my oil away for the most part) skin and it keeps me hydrated. I also recommend it for my acne-prone clients as well since it is water based.

Overall, I will definitely repurchase when I run out!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First, this is not about if i ran out of this product will i re-purchase or not. It just that i'm that type of person if i haven't found the one that i really really love then i will keep on trying for other product.

Why i've chose this product? Because i've heard from my friend that he said it felt some kind of similar with the Laneige moisturiser that's why i bought it. Of course i've tried the Laneige as well. One thing i agreed they looks similar is their packaging design other then that is totally different things.

Things i like this product :
- It absorb in my skin once i applied it.
- Not too thick & sticky if you apply it only during night time with the air conditional room.
- Only need a small amount to apply on my face which is quite cost saving to me.

Things i don't feels right for this product :
- It smells so plastic
- I don't feels it's improving my skin
- Over price in Malaysia
- The information printed on the packaging box is too small QA please check it before approving to selling in the market.

on 7/14/2015 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Broke me out so bad :( I have a rash all over my face and neck and my eyes are swollen. It looks kinda like cystic acne. It's also so itchy.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This feels like it's really moisturizing when I initially put it on my dry skin. Once it absorbs, I get some slightly dry patches and my skin starts to feel "tight" because of the dryness. This gel actually does make my skin feel VERY smooth to the touch, but unfortunately I just cannot use this on its own. Instead of returning it, I've been applying this gel over a thicker Neutrogena face cream and it's been working nicely. Like a previous reviewer noted, this gel also reminds me of liquid fabric softener because of the scent (which I happen to like), consistency, and color.

For dryer skin like mine, this product may work better in the summer time when skin isn't so dry. However, this product seems to be ideal for someone with more combination or oily skin.

on 5/3/2011 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I just bought this product recently because I have really dry skin.
It does not have the chemical smell most cosmetics do and it really hydrates my skin really really well, I did notice that if II applied to much, it dried out my skin along my nose but other than that, I love this product and its worth its price