Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is like Clinique's DDMG minus anything good in it (a tiny amount of Olive extract and Hyaluronic acid barely count).
I purchased this along with the matching cleansing gel as the two were on offer if purchased together. I didn't like the cleanser and I definitely do not like this. My skin broke out terribly by the 3rd day of using it at which point I checked out the ingredients list and realized almost every second ingredient was a silicone. I don't think I've ever seen so many in a product - not even a hair one!!
After reading so many good reviews on this I purchased on a whim, completely forgetting about DDMG and its silicones being the culprit behind my flakey and bumpy skin some years back. This did the same, but worse and much quicker!
If you're good with silicones and normal to oily/combination then this might work for you. If you aren't then steer well away from this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 1/16/2019 3:55:00 PM

I was hoping I’d fall in love with this product- I first learned about it in one of those best in class magazine articles.

I’m not in love, but I’m in “like”.
Pros:
Feels nice, gel like (almost) feel, goes on the skin and doesn’t disappear in seconds but doesn’t just sit on the surface either, seems to sink in over 5-10 min - perfect
Doesn’t break me out
Is moisturizing but not heavy on my combination (but dry during winter) skin
Seems to help my makeup go on nicely almost like I’m wearing a primer

Cons:
No sunscreen- it’s fine for evenings but I usually use other treatment type products at night. This is great for daytime but I dislike having to layer sunscreen over it.
Packaging- I don’t like jars, this would be ideal in a glass bottle with a pump or in a plastic tube type container imo

I think I will repurchase- but this is far from HG to me so time will tell

on 12/29/2018 4:20:00 AM

After getting my face ruined by the Cerave PM moisturizer I needed a new moisturizer and this one had good reviews and was at a reasonable price. Hasn't broken me out but it doesnt hydrate/moisturize at all.

on 12/28/2018 3:40:00 PM

I am on my fourth jar and about fourth month of use of this. It’s not exactly holy grail, but it’s the best I’ve tried in a long time to suit my tricky skincare needs. I have dry, sensitive, and acne-prone (chin) skin. It’s difficult to find products that moisturize enough without causing breakouts.

The formula is lightweight and absorbs almost instantly. I use It after face wash and witch hazel toner at night before bed, and after just a water rinse in the morning. It’s definitely more on the gel than lotion side texture wise, and is a fine base for makeup. There is no noticeable scent, and it has not caused me any skin irritation (itchiness or redness). I feel like I have a lower occurrence of blemishes since I started using it (compared to my old moisturizer, which was the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Gel) and also that when they do happen, they don’t last as long. The minor ones seem to come to the surface and heal within two days most of the time.

My only reasons for not giving this a 5 overall are that it’s not moisturizing enough in the winter, and the quantity doesn’t last very long. I still sometimes have small dry, flaky patches on my face after using it. However, were it more moisturizing, it might be worse for breakouts and I’d rather deal with the dryness. (Note: I did also try the formula labeled for “extra dry skin” but although it didn’t seem different, I broke out a lot more within just a few days with it. Despite my dryness, I stay with the original version.) The formula spreads out well so you don’t need a lot but each jar only lasts about a month with 2x daily use. The price isn’t terrible, compared to the same quantity of other formulas, but I wish they would put this in a pump container and not give you 2/3 packaging and 1/3 product.

For now, I’m happy with the results and sticking with it. Would recommend to those with similar skin type.

on 12/26/2018 6:25:00 PM

Incredible product. Was told to purchase this by a trusted Esthetician and Dr. Dray. I am amazed at how well it hydrates and does not cause any breakouts whatsoever. It's best used in combination with other products. I would not rely on this alone. But for the price, it easily sandwiched itself into my daily. I am mature, combo skin, dehydrated (not dry) and very sensitive so I like to keep things simple.

on 12/26/2018 3:22:00 PM

This isn’t moisturizing, it made my skin ever drier aaand broke the hell out of my skin, super irritating. It feels great when you apply it, but that’s definitely not worth it...

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

I mostly use nitrogen products and they are fab

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For my oily skin gals you need this moisturizer.

I have tried it all - high end to drugstore and this one takes the cake. My skin feels drenched in moisture when I use this. I have severe oily skin that is very acne prone. This has never once broke me out and soaks in immediately and gives me a cooling effect on my red puffy skin.

This is great I use prior to applying my makeup and at night after cleansing.

My skin has never felt better. The price tag of $20.00 CAD is hefty in my opinion, but I take a dab of this and use all over my face and neck and last quite a long time.

Of the 100’s of moisturizers I have used that have either left my skin feeling there is a mask sitting on top, feeling wet, simply not moisturized at all or caused a storm of breakouts - this is my HG.

I have went through so many jars of this and will never use anything else. I got my entire family on this and let me tell you my sister combo skin, and my mom extremely dry skin absolutely LOVES this!

This is my HG!

This is my holy grail daily moisturizer. I have tried a TON of different moisturizers. I love using this in the mornings after cleansing and using a more heavy duty cream cleanser at night. This stuff doesn’t cause pimples, hydrates my skin and makes it feel supple. Never a fan of the jar style of moisturizers but I’ll give this a pass because it works. I will buy this again. For reference, I have combination skin, I’m mostly dry but I get oily through the day. I have had huge improvement in my skin using this product and am suffering from much less daytime oiliness and don’t feel dried out.