Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.4

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For my oily skin gals you need this moisturizer.

I have tried it all - high end to drugstore and this one takes the cake. My skin feels drenched in moisture when I use this. I have severe oily skin that is very acne prone. This has never once broke me out and soaks in immediately and gives me a cooling effect on my red puffy skin.

This is great I use prior to applying my makeup and at night after cleansing.

My skin has never felt better. The price tag of $20.00 CAD is hefty in my opinion, but I take a dab of this and use all over my face and neck and last quite a long time.

Of the 100’s of moisturizers I have used that have either left my skin feeling there is a mask sitting on top, feeling wet, simply not moisturized at all or caused a storm of breakouts - this is my HG.

I have went through so many jars of this and will never use anything else. I got my entire family on this and let me tell you my sister combo skin, and my mom extremely dry skin absolutely LOVES this!

This is my HG!

on 11/14/2018 4:11:00 PM

I haven't broken out or anything from this, but I really can't stand the burning sensation it gives my skin. My beloved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has hyaluronic acid as well, but it has never given me a burning sensation. As far as the actual affects go I haven't noticed anything particularly extraordinary. My skin isn't any worse off than before, but it's also not very hydrated, which was the whole reason I gave this a try. I'm not a huge fan of added fragrances or dyes and this has both.
Thought I would give this a try since it was so well-loved elsewhere, but for the cost, burning sensation, and unnecessary additives it's not worth it.

on 9/15/2018 7:02:00 PM

I've used up my jar of this, i used it as my daytime moisturiser with sunscreen applied after it set on the daily. I have dry skin, and because of my age, my issues are eye wrinkles, drying skin and sun damage.

It did the job, it moisturised my skin and my skin remained hydrated throughout the day.

My issue was the texture/formula. Its lightweight, and it needs time to set. Which meant of a morning in order to get this to work for me I had to apply the moisturiser, then go have breakfast, then apply sunscreen. If I didn't allow this product at least 5 minutes to soak in before applying the next product, i had problems with products moving all over the place. Since I work and I have a life, I'm not interested in spending an hour getting ready by waiting for products to soak into my skin before applying the next layer. Its not a product for the time poor woman.

I also think its not a product for mature or dry skin, i think its more suited to young oily skin that needs hydrating but doesn't want something that will clog pores. At my age, I prefer a more moisturising product rather than a hydrating product like this. So, if you have hours and hours to get ready of a morning, don't work, don't have responsibilities, have oily break out prone skin - you may like this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

on 8/1/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a go-to of mine for several years after it first lauched. I recently switched back to Hydro Boost when my other moisturizer ran out, and was so disappointed to find it to be completely different than the many times I used it in the past and loved it. My face looks BAD; not only do I have red patches on my cheeks and whiteheads (tiny ones that always come out when I react allergically), but the pores on my entire T-zone are clogged and huge. I noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gel during its application last weekend but didn't think much of it. My skin, which is combination, has been acting up lately due to rosacea. I'm in my thirties and haven't dealt with major issues since acne in high school was resolved with Accutane. That said, it is extremely sensitive to some sunscreens and silicones. My current dermatologist recommended a few products to try in combination with a prescription gel to start treating the mild rosacea, and the redness and bumps had just started to show noticeable improvement. Enter in Hydro Boost and the redness is back ten times worse. Washing with Dove soap makes it burn, and like another person said, my skin is so dry that it hurts to touch. Yuck. I would urge anyone with sensitivity and/or allergies to certain ingredients to switch test it elsewhere prior to applying it. It's awesome to have sites like this to vent and also maybe help someone else avoid the hassle of spending days waiting for a bad reaction to resolve.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bad. Tried a sample of it and of course broke out everywhere (I have severe cystic adult acne and everything breaks me out, and this was still bad). You read hylaronic acid and think moisturizing, but this "moisturizer" is literally just a ton of silicones with a very, very small percentage of hylaronic acid. It's like putting foundation on your face and leaving it there without washing it off (most foundations are silicone based). Ingredients matter, y'all, and silicones are not designed to have any long term moisturizing effects on the skin, but rather act as a barrier between your skin and the elements. That's why this product could have been good if they had combined the silicones with more quality moisturizing ingredients, but as it stands, it's kind of a rip off. Of course it makes your skin feel smooth at first, but it doesn't have any actual moisturizing properties. Save your money.

The jar is pretty, though, and I'm fine with the smell.

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

I had really high hopes for this moisturiser after reading it was suitable for acne prone skin and wouldn't clog pores. However this broke me out almost immediately on the same day as I wore it. Although it feels nice initially on the skin, it doesn't combine with foundation amazingly and I also got some pilling where I must have put too much gel on...
Fragrance doesn't bother me and neither does packaging if the product is good!
Not worth the price tag if you have acne prone/sensitive skin in my opinion.

on 9/19/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the hydro boost at Costco and lived it have run out and Costco doesn't have now. I love it my skin n loves it and I hope it comes back to Costco
It made my skin feel refreshed no smells which made me happy. I have been using the hydoboost for a year or two. I put it on a skin problem on my waist & it totally changed it. Thank you and hope it comes back to Costco