Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.2

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For my oily skin gals you need this moisturizer.

I have tried it all - high end to drugstore and this one takes the cake. My skin feels drenched in moisture when I use this. I have severe oily skin that is very acne prone. This has never once broke me out and soaks in immediately and gives me a cooling effect on my red puffy skin.

This is great I use prior to applying my makeup and at night after cleansing.

My skin has never felt better. The price tag of $20.00 CAD is hefty in my opinion, but I take a dab of this and use all over my face and neck and last quite a long time.

Of the 100’s of moisturizers I have used that have either left my skin feeling there is a mask sitting on top, feeling wet, simply not moisturized at all or caused a storm of breakouts - this is my HG.

I have went through so many jars of this and will never use anything else. I got my entire family on this and let me tell you my sister combo skin, and my mom extremely dry skin absolutely LOVES this!

This is my HG!

on 9/19/2018 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this moisturizer when getting my makeup done by my MUA friend. The texture of this moisturizer is typical to gel moisturizers and the viscosity is a little runny (I recommend sitting this product right-side-up if you buy it online, so all the product sits down and nothing spills). One thing that saddens me about this product is that it is around $20 USD; this is why I won't repurchase.

I have used up 3 tubs of this product. I find this product runs out after around 2 months with daily use. This product comes in a tub, I find nothing is wasted. This DOES have a scent and I like it a lot; it goes away upon application. If you have tried Neutrogena's Hydro Boost face mask, then it's the same exact scent. It takes a minute or two to dry. I have experimented a lot with this moisturizer. My face has combination skin; oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. This moisturizer can be light-weight, and you can easily apply too much. A little goes a long way and ESPECIALLY for oily skin. If that's not enough, you can always layer on more.

This moisturizer is oil-free so it often under-performs for the dry areas of my skin. This is a huge con; I often have to add oil to the moisturizer for my face. For those with dryer skin, this may not be what you're looking for. (This combination of moisturizer-and-oil also works well with this product; the gel moisturizer binds to the oil well. I have not applied oil to the whole tub, but instead apply to the small amount I need; because my combination skin requires me to use the product as-is.)

I do have ONE sensitive area on my face. This product does make the area around my nostrils burn if I apply A LOT. This area is the most sensitive area of my face, it happens with most products. I put a little put on.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, for normal-to-oily-skin. No for dry skin. :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This felt heavy like a silicone primer and left a film. Felt gross and yet my skin still felt dry not moisturized. Wanted to like this as heard so much about it. I got about half way through the jar thinking I need to get used to a gel moisturizer...I would not buy this again.

on 7/9/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have sensitive skin or skin that "reacts" often to products but it did to this.
Something is in this thats just not good and i do not know what it is. I am so surprised this gets rav reviews and is always quotes in mags. Total fail for me.

on 6/26/2018 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was not moisturising for me. My skin is normal/dry. I gave it 5 lippies for price because it does not work and that is a waste of $$$.

on 3/3/2018 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many moisturizers and i could never find one that set will with my skin. I got it cause Allie Glines (youtuber) did a whole video on Allure Winners of 2017. So did bought some of the items she mentioned on her video and this was one of them. This melts into my skin and goes really well with all my foundation that i use. I also use it when going out and no makeup what so ever. And keeps me really moisturize all day , and aim really dry during the winter. I live in Texas (south ) so let see how that tests out with the heat.

on 9/25/2017 3:30:00 AM

BIG NO!

I gave up using this product after 4 days of applying. I wanted to like it, cause I have been using the gel-cream version of this moisturizer for over a year and everything was fine, so I thought I should have no problem switching to the gel version, despite all the added fragance, color and silicone. However, it gave me red bumps all over my face, just when my skin nearly recovered from the previous breakout. Horrible. I guess it is the dimethicone which clogged up my pores...not sure if any other ingredient can be blamed except for this one.

Anyway, please, always do a patch test before applying anything full-face!

on 5/25/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product it is amazing it saved my life. I have very oily skin with dry patches this helped me. I love it. it does not lake me beak out. It hydrates my skin.

on 4/30/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This Hydro Boost gel isn't great for my skin after all. With repeated use, I started to break out and get small whiteheads. It blocks my pores. I just stopped using it and won't be repurchasing it again.

on 3/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Pros:
- Relatively inexpensive
- Makes skin feel smooth
- Smells nice

Cons:
- Strong fragrance could be irritating to sensitive skin
- Caused breakouts
- Unhygienic packaging