Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.0

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 10/23/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. I wanted it to make my skin look like its the flawless complexion of its spokesperson Washington’s. Instead, within two days, I noticed a fine rash everywhere I applied it. Looks like prickly heat. I’ve been using it for about three weeks and the rash has not cleared up. Unfortunately, I got two for one at Costco, so I have one unused jar that needs to find somebody who loves it or it will be donated or tossed. Rash notwithstanding, it just wasn’t that great. The fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it. Turbo charged baby powder mixed with industrial solvent? It also didn’t help my makeup go on better. It was absorbed sort of unevenly. My skin is oily and sensitive from lupus and rosacea. It didn’t burn, but it does seem to be the culprit of the rash on my face and upper chest. I won’t buy again.

on 9/19/2018 1:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I tried this moisturizer when getting my makeup done by my MUA friend. The texture of this moisturizer is typical to gel moisturizers and the viscosity is a little runny (I recommend sitting this product right-side-up if you buy it online, so all the product sits down and nothing spills). One thing that saddens me about this product is that it is around $20 USD; this is why I won't repurchase.

I have used up 3 tubs of this product. I find this product runs out after around 2 months with daily use. This product comes in a tub, I find nothing is wasted. This DOES have a scent and I like it a lot; it goes away upon application. If you have tried Neutrogena's Hydro Boost face mask, then it's the same exact scent. It takes a minute or two to dry. I have experimented a lot with this moisturizer. My face has combination skin; oily t-zone and dry on my cheeks. This moisturizer can be light-weight, and you can easily apply too much. A little goes a long way and ESPECIALLY for oily skin. If that's not enough, you can always layer on more.

This moisturizer is oil-free so it often under-performs for the dry areas of my skin. This is a huge con; I often have to add oil to the moisturizer for my face. For those with dryer skin, this may not be what you're looking for. (This combination of moisturizer-and-oil also works well with this product; the gel moisturizer binds to the oil well. I have not applied oil to the whole tub, but instead apply to the small amount I need; because my combination skin requires me to use the product as-is.)

I do have ONE sensitive area on my face. This product does make the area around my nostrils burn if I apply A LOT. This area is the most sensitive area of my face, it happens with most products. I put a little put on.

Do I recommend this product? Yes, for normal-to-oily-skin. No for dry skin. :)

on 3/3/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many moisturizers and i could never find one that set will with my skin. I got it cause Allie Glines (youtuber) did a whole video on Allure Winners of 2017. So did bought some of the items she mentioned on her video and this was one of them. This melts into my skin and goes really well with all my foundation that i use. I also use it when going out and no makeup what so ever. And keeps me really moisturize all day , and aim really dry during the winter. I live in Texas (south ) so let see how that tests out with the heat.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this as a product, I'm lucky that's it is frequently on sale though, as I personally have to apply quite a bit of product on the very dry patches of my combo skin. That said though, it has been absolutely fabulous for my skin- I was having some breakout issues in the last couple of months and switching to this gel moisturiser has put a stop to it. Zero spots since I started using it about a month back, which I am very happy with. It also seems to work better with my foundations (both silicone and water based) than a cream on my more oily areas.

For people who do have very dry patches like myself (Or just very dry skin overall) I would say this alone might not be moisturising enough- But I combine it with AHA exfoliant pads and it's more than enough to keep dry, flakey skin at bay for me.

on 9/1/2016 11:02:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I was so excited to try this out, because there are so few gel moisturizers on the market and this one is readily available. I figured with the high price i could have some faith in the quality of this product but... Firstly the smell. It's not pleasant and doesn't fade away. I had to rinse it off. It applied nicely and sank in fairly well. But when i went to rinse it off because i couldn't take the smell anymore, about 25 minutes later, i had several new patchy-headingforabreakout spots on my face that were not there prior to applying this. This was a huge disappointment and i'll be returning this product.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

when I originally purchased this product I was looking for a lightweight moisturizer. my skin lately has been dry. my moisturizer before was hydrating but a tad to greasy. i got this at Walmart for around 17 bucks which is expensive for drug store. I love the feel of it. it's smells great and the gel dissolves right in your skin. my skin does feel hydrated and its non greasy so i give this product a thumbs up for doing what it said it'll do.
UPDATE: stopped using because started to develop dry patches on my cheeks.

on 7/25/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoyed this moisturizer while it lasted. I have oily skin, and it worked well enough on me. It did not cause any breakouts, and it moisturized my skin very well. I loved the scent, but of course it will not be for everyone.

It is pretty pricey for the amount that you get, but I would probably re-purchase it if I hadn't found the product I am about to mention. I have already found a cheaper alternative, TonyMoly Wonder Water Moisture Cream. You get about 6 times more product for the same price, and it has the same texture, and similar scent (which might be a deal breaker for some people).

I would say the TonyMoly gel cream is more moisturizing, and it contains more ingredients to help battle oily skin. I got what I would consider a huge tub (I don't think I have ever had a 10 ounce jar of facial moisturizer before) at their store in Ktown, NYC, for around $18. I have also found I can use less of the TonyMoly gel cream to make my skin feel moisturized.

If you don't have access to TonyMoly near you, or online, then the Neutrogena version is definitely nice enough.