Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.6

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/28/2018 3:40:00 PM

I am on my fourth jar and about fourth month of use of this. It’s not exactly holy grail, but it’s the best I’ve tried in a long time to suit my tricky skincare needs. I have dry, sensitive, and acne-prone (chin) skin. It’s difficult to find products that moisturize enough without causing breakouts.

The formula is lightweight and absorbs almost instantly. I use It after face wash and witch hazel toner at night before bed, and after just a water rinse in the morning. It’s definitely more on the gel than lotion side texture wise, and is a fine base for makeup. There is no noticeable scent, and it has not caused me any skin irritation (itchiness or redness). I feel like I have a lower occurrence of blemishes since I started using it (compared to my old moisturizer, which was the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Gel) and also that when they do happen, they don’t last as long. The minor ones seem to come to the surface and heal within two days most of the time.

My only reasons for not giving this a 5 overall are that it’s not moisturizing enough in the winter, and the quantity doesn’t last very long. I still sometimes have small dry, flaky patches on my face after using it. However, were it more moisturizing, it might be worse for breakouts and I’d rather deal with the dryness. (Note: I did also try the formula labeled for “extra dry skin” but although it didn’t seem different, I broke out a lot more within just a few days with it. Despite my dryness, I stay with the original version.) The formula spreads out well so you don’t need a lot but each jar only lasts about a month with 2x daily use. The price isn’t terrible, compared to the same quantity of other formulas, but I wish they would put this in a pump container and not give you 2/3 packaging and 1/3 product.

For now, I’m happy with the results and sticking with it. Would recommend to those with similar skin type.

on 12/26/2018 3:22:00 PM

This isn’t moisturizing, it made my skin ever drier aaand broke the hell out of my skin, super irritating. It feels great when you apply it, but that’s definitely not worth it...

This is my holy grail daily moisturizer. I have tried a TON of different moisturizers. I love using this in the mornings after cleansing and using a more heavy duty cream cleanser at night. This stuff doesn’t cause pimples, hydrates my skin and makes it feel supple. Never a fan of the jar style of moisturizers but I’ll give this a pass because it works. I will buy this again. For reference, I have combination skin, I’m mostly dry but I get oily through the day. I have had huge improvement in my skin using this product and am suffering from much less daytime oiliness and don’t feel dried out.

on 9/28/2018 11:18:00 PM

I really want to like this. The texture is pleasant, it doesn't cause me to break out, and the price is right. However, it has a very strong fragrance that I just cannot get past. And the fragrance takes a while to dissipate even once applied, so I can smell it on my face. I'm sad to say the jar went in the trash before I'd used half of it because I just couldn't deal with the fragrance.

It feels very much like Clinique's Moisture Surge (regular, not MS Intense), maybe just a tiny bit stickier/slower to absorb. But there's that fragrance. If you can get past that it's a great product for normal/combination skin that doesn't want a heavy moisturizer.

on 9/10/2018 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty surprised by the negative reviews! But like a previous more positive review, I'm writing with reference to the fragrance-free extra-dry skin variety. My skin gets very dry, even in desperately humid/hot/miserable summer weather, and sometimes the thought of using a regular moisturizer is way too much. Creams never really sink in, and the oil I use in the AM isn't quite right for overnight moisture either. I bought this in a panic when it was about 97 degrees out and I was trying to avoid going back to my un-air conditioned apartment. All in all, I have been happy. The texture is really pleasant, smooth and cool, but it sinks in very quickly and doesn't leave any kind of filmy residue, and it doesn't make me look like a greased pig 35 seconds later. My skin hasn't seemed to have had any adverse reactions to it, no bumps, no breakouts.

As with most people, pots of product are not my favorite by any means, but the wide mouth makes it easy to get a dollop without too much work, and as long as you've washed your hands, it shouldn't be too concerning. I don't think I will continue using this as my PM moisturizer once the weather changes, as I definitely need something stronger for winter, but as a lighter weight/summer product, it has been a great addition to my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about here! For reference, the one I am reviewing is the one for "extra dry skin" that is fragrance free. I have combination acne-prone skin with some dry patches. I also hate the feeling of heavy or greasy moisturizers. When my skin was more oily, I loved the Clinique DDMG. This is my daily morning moisturizer and I love it so much. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores, it sinks in immediately, doesn't irritate my skin and is just all around awesome. I took off one lippy because it really isn't the most moisturizing, but it does the job. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a light moisturizer with combination or normal to oily skin.

on 4/26/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually like to go a bit more in depth with reviews but I think this one can be covered simply by: didn't moisturise, broke me out everywhere.

This is a no no.

It did moisturize my skin a bit but in return it gave me strange bumps and left a heavy feeling. Definitely stay away if you have sensitive skin.

on 1/2/2018 7:37:00 PM

Non comedogenic and oil free; perfect for oily acne prone skin