Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.2

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/29/2018 4:20:00 AM

After getting my face ruined by the Cerave PM moisturizer I needed a new moisturizer and this one had good reviews and was at a reasonable price. Hasn't broken me out but it doesnt hydrate/moisturize at all.

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

on 11/21/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I had great hopes for this; a light, gel moisturizer that wouldn't add oil to my already oily skin. What I've ended up with is just shy of a minor burn. After applying it four nights in a row, my skin became sore, almost like a chemical burn, and looked like I had a splotchy rash or windburn. Just washing my face with my Cerave cleanser was almost painful. I've applied First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream the past two nights and my skin looks and feels much better. Another one bites the dust.

on 11/14/2018 4:11:00 PM

I haven't broken out or anything from this, but I really can't stand the burning sensation it gives my skin. My beloved Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence has hyaluronic acid as well, but it has never given me a burning sensation. As far as the actual affects go I haven't noticed anything particularly extraordinary. My skin isn't any worse off than before, but it's also not very hydrated, which was the whole reason I gave this a try. I'm not a huge fan of added fragrances or dyes and this has both.
Thought I would give this a try since it was so well-loved elsewhere, but for the cost, burning sensation, and unnecessary additives it's not worth it.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 5/4/2018 6:53:00 PM

I’ve carefully maintained my skin for years. It’s usually very resillient and far from sensitive.
Bought this because it was “non-comedogenic and alcohol-free.”
I haven’t broken out so bad in years. First night I used this there was a light stinging sensation. Assumed it was because my skin was dry after cleansing. Second night there was no stinging but saw some peeling on my skin in the morning. Odd, but didn’t want to blame the product just yet. After the third night I broke out horribly. These days I’ll get maybe one pimple every two three weeks.
This caused clusters of pimples. My forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, nose, all the way down to my neck. I don’t even remember ever having pimples on my neck before but now I have 6-7 on my neck. All red and angry.
If you’re adamant about purchasing this then please at least patch test for several days. It’s been years since I’ve broken out in any capacity but this just left my skin a mess.

on 4/16/2018 7:56:00 AM

broke me out the next day. smells fresh. did not moisturize so I went and got the extra dry version. I didnt like that one either. now they r both my hand and neck cream.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bad. Tried a sample of it and of course broke out everywhere (I have severe cystic adult acne and everything breaks me out, and this was still bad). You read hylaronic acid and think moisturizing, but this "moisturizer" is literally just a ton of silicones with a very, very small percentage of hylaronic acid. It's like putting foundation on your face and leaving it there without washing it off (most foundations are silicone based). Ingredients matter, y'all, and silicones are not designed to have any long term moisturizing effects on the skin, but rather act as a barrier between your skin and the elements. That's why this product could have been good if they had combined the silicones with more quality moisturizing ingredients, but as it stands, it's kind of a rip off. Of course it makes your skin feel smooth at first, but it doesn't have any actual moisturizing properties. Save your money.

The jar is pretty, though, and I'm fine with the smell.

on 10/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea/sensitive skin and this broke me out after one application (used it once a day for a week).
I liked the texture and feel of the gel, but sadly I had to give it away.

on 10/3/2017 12:50:00 AM

my HG moisturizer. i tried the night concentrate after my skin started peeling in the winter (even tho i had oily skin!) and it worked fantastic. this one is just as good but it in the summer. this is a good dupe for tarte's drink of h2o except this one is dirt cheap. will repurchase as a drugstore moisturizer.