Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by hair type : Other
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is like Clinique's DDMG minus anything good in it (a tiny amount of Olive extract and Hyaluronic acid barely count).
I purchased this along with the matching cleansing gel as the two were on offer if purchased together. I didn't like the cleanser and I definitely do not like this. My skin broke out terribly by the 3rd day of using it at which point I checked out the ingredients list and realized almost every second ingredient was a silicone. I don't think I've ever seen so many in a product - not even a hair one!!
After reading so many good reviews on this I purchased on a whim, completely forgetting about DDMG and its silicones being the culprit behind my flakey and bumpy skin some years back. This did the same, but worse and much quicker!
If you're good with silicones and normal to oily/combination then this might work for you. If you aren't then steer well away from this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 9/11/2018 4:39:00 PM

This has been my go to moisturizer before makeup for about a year. I would try to moisturize with creams, but it was too heavy for my oily skin and wouldn’t sink in quickly enough for mornings I needed to get to work on time. Basically - oil slick by 10 AM when I attempted to apply makeup after my cream moisturizer. It was so bad I stopped moisturizing before makeup. I just put the cream on at night and let my natural oils do whatever the next morning.

Now, I am able to put this product on to hydrate and plump my skin, leave it for about 10 minutes, and apply makeup that looks really nice over it!

Seeing the other reviews this product will either irritate your skin or not. Thank goodness I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin (for instance I personally can’t use the high-end “Drunk Elephant Baby Facial” because it clogs my skin like crazy!!!).

I would recommend people to at least try (especially my oily brothers and sisters) because it’s an economical find that works amazing on some people. Maybe just do a patch test on your forehead and keep the receipt!

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

on 3/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was so disappointed in trying this gel. The label claims to quench my skin and keep it looking smooth and supple and hydrated day after day. This is simple NOT true. My skin was dry a scaly, had patches of dry flakes in my cheeks under the yes and on my for head, I didn't want to spend so money for it to begin with. Its pretty color, feels cool and easy to apply, but that's all it does. The name Neutrogena is suppose to be a trust worthy company and product, but not on this one.

on 11/20/2016 12:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This moisturizer is amazing. I have combination skin. It is very hydrating for my skin and did not cause any irritation.

on 6/24/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good gel cream. But only for the summer nights for me. While I have oily skin, I do suffer from dryness in the winter. This does not combat that. I bought this 7 months ago during the winter and it did nothing. Now I slather it on and it is everything for giving me plump skin the following morning. I like this, it is a dupe for Clinique Moisture Surge but I will not repurchase. I need something more hydrating for nighttime.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this product (the texture and scent are wonderful), unfortunately it provides very little moisture to my skin. I've tried using it twice and both times it left my skin feeling like I hadn't used any moisturizer at all, and this was in the middle of the hot, sticky, Ohio Valley summer.

on 8/8/2015 11:06:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have very dry sensitive skin and I love this product. At first I was concerned about it being a gel and that it might be sticky or make my skin feel dry. On the contrary I found it to be light and hydrating. My forehead was so dry and flaky an I could see it every time I put makeup on. After the first use I could tell the difference. It is a bit more expensive then other drug store brands and I wish it had a version with sun screen, but i will definitely buy more. It does have a slight fragrance to it but it doesn't bother me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Loved this at first, then it broke me out pretty bad. A little spendy for drugstore and I don't like the packaging. I always prefer a pump. Over all fail for me.

on 7/5/2015 8:53:00 PM

I use epiduo (TACTUO) every other night and my skin is still red and irritated. This is one of the few products that does not sting or burn my already sensitive skin. I like to keep it in the fridge for an extra cooling sensation. It does have a gel like consistency, similar a to Clinique's moisture surge, but Neutrogena's does have a light fresh scent which is not overpowering and does fade.
There are no bells or whistles in terms of anti angling or moisturizers, but then it doesn't claim to be.
Overall I find this product to be very soothing. For hygiene purposes, I wish it came in a pump, but I always wash my hands first.
In Canada, I have seen this retail for 28.99, I got mine on sale for 19.99. The last time I was in the States I picked this up for 14.97!