Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.4

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/26/2018 6:25:00 PM

Incredible product. Was told to purchase this by a trusted Esthetician and Dr. Dray. I am amazed at how well it hydrates and does not cause any breakouts whatsoever. It's best used in combination with other products. I would not rely on this alone. But for the price, it easily sandwiched itself into my daily. I am mature, combo skin, dehydrated (not dry) and very sensitive so I like to keep things simple.

on 12/26/2018 3:22:00 PM

This isn’t moisturizing, it made my skin ever drier aaand broke the hell out of my skin, super irritating. It feels great when you apply it, but that’s definitely not worth it...

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

I mostly use nitrogen products and they are fab

This is my holy grail daily moisturizer. I have tried a TON of different moisturizers. I love using this in the mornings after cleansing and using a more heavy duty cream cleanser at night. This stuff doesn’t cause pimples, hydrates my skin and makes it feel supple. Never a fan of the jar style of moisturizers but I’ll give this a pass because it works. I will buy this again. For reference, I have combination skin, I’m mostly dry but I get oily through the day. I have had huge improvement in my skin using this product and am suffering from much less daytime oiliness and don’t feel dried out.

on 11/21/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I had great hopes for this; a light, gel moisturizer that wouldn't add oil to my already oily skin. What I've ended up with is just shy of a minor burn. After applying it four nights in a row, my skin became sore, almost like a chemical burn, and looked like I had a splotchy rash or windburn. Just washing my face with my Cerave cleanser was almost painful. I've applied First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream the past two nights and my skin looks and feels much better. Another one bites the dust.

on 9/11/2018 4:39:00 PM

This has been my go to moisturizer before makeup for about a year. I would try to moisturize with creams, but it was too heavy for my oily skin and wouldn’t sink in quickly enough for mornings I needed to get to work on time. Basically - oil slick by 10 AM when I attempted to apply makeup after my cream moisturizer. It was so bad I stopped moisturizing before makeup. I just put the cream on at night and let my natural oils do whatever the next morning.

Now, I am able to put this product on to hydrate and plump my skin, leave it for about 10 minutes, and apply makeup that looks really nice over it!

Seeing the other reviews this product will either irritate your skin or not. Thank goodness I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin (for instance I personally can’t use the high-end “Drunk Elephant Baby Facial” because it clogs my skin like crazy!!!).

I would recommend people to at least try (especially my oily brothers and sisters) because it’s an economical find that works amazing on some people. Maybe just do a patch test on your forehead and keep the receipt!

Used for a month or two and definitely noticed this product clogged my pores for sure, it moisturized well but not worth the blackheads and clogged pores!

This product didn't do much to moisturise my skin. I though I needed to apply more but then it broke me out ridiculously. It does feel nice and cooling on your face and spreads far but doesn't do it's job. Now I have loads of clogged pores all over my face that I need to deal with. The packaging is nice but not very hygienic.

on 8/1/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a go-to of mine for several years after it first lauched. I recently switched back to Hydro Boost when my other moisturizer ran out, and was so disappointed to find it to be completely different than the many times I used it in the past and loved it. My face looks BAD; not only do I have red patches on my cheeks and whiteheads (tiny ones that always come out when I react allergically), but the pores on my entire T-zone are clogged and huge. I noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gel during its application last weekend but didn't think much of it. My skin, which is combination, has been acting up lately due to rosacea. I'm in my thirties and haven't dealt with major issues since acne in high school was resolved with Accutane. That said, it is extremely sensitive to some sunscreens and silicones. My current dermatologist recommended a few products to try in combination with a prescription gel to start treating the mild rosacea, and the redness and bumps had just started to show noticeable improvement. Enter in Hydro Boost and the redness is back ten times worse. Washing with Dove soap makes it burn, and like another person said, my skin is so dry that it hurts to touch. Yuck. I would urge anyone with sensitivity and/or allergies to certain ingredients to switch test it elsewhere prior to applying it. It's awesome to have sites like this to vent and also maybe help someone else avoid the hassle of spending days waiting for a bad reaction to resolve.