Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.5

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For my oily skin gals you need this moisturizer.

I have tried it all - high end to drugstore and this one takes the cake. My skin feels drenched in moisture when I use this. I have severe oily skin that is very acne prone. This has never once broke me out and soaks in immediately and gives me a cooling effect on my red puffy skin.

This is great I use prior to applying my makeup and at night after cleansing.

My skin has never felt better. The price tag of $20.00 CAD is hefty in my opinion, but I take a dab of this and use all over my face and neck and last quite a long time.

Of the 100’s of moisturizers I have used that have either left my skin feeling there is a mask sitting on top, feeling wet, simply not moisturized at all or caused a storm of breakouts - this is my HG.

I have went through so many jars of this and will never use anything else. I got my entire family on this and let me tell you my sister combo skin, and my mom extremely dry skin absolutely LOVES this!

This is my HG!

on 11/21/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I had great hopes for this; a light, gel moisturizer that wouldn't add oil to my already oily skin. What I've ended up with is just shy of a minor burn. After applying it four nights in a row, my skin became sore, almost like a chemical burn, and looked like I had a splotchy rash or windburn. Just washing my face with my Cerave cleanser was almost painful. I've applied First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream the past two nights and my skin looks and feels much better. Another one bites the dust.

on 7/18/2017 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin that becomes even more oily when i wake up, spend time under the sun and before going to bed. I must say that this product really saved my life. I put it on 2 times a day and it quickly reduces my shiny oily look and moisturizes. I love the smell too, its not that disturbing. I used to use primers as make up base but after discovering this miracle, Neutrogena Water Gel is now my #1 primer. I almost finished mine and I am sure I will buy it again.

I also loved other Hydro Boost products too, they are all worth it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much. I am 47 and still have very oily skin, but now have dry patches as well. I need some moisture, but nothing greasy. I have fits with greasiness under makeup. I loved the way this performed. It absorbed quickly and added moisture without greasiness or making my skin oily. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, my skin started to itch and got mosquito-bite like whelps. Something in this doesn't agree with my skin, maybe the fragrance. I tried the Garnier brand product that is similar with no problems. My husband used it with the same reaction. My son is using it and loves it, so if you are not sensitive to it, lucky you!

on 5/25/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product it is amazing it saved my life. I have very oily skin with dry patches this helped me. I love it. it does not lake me beak out. It hydrates my skin.

on 2/22/2017 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

As a human oil well who still gets dry patches around my acne, it can be pretty hard to find a reliable moisturizer. I had been using Hada Labo Skin Plumping Gel Cream, but when I ran out I decided to try this product since it seemed similar. It doesn't feel quite as moisturizing as the Hada Labo cream, but overall it's a very similar product for a few dollars less. It has a light texture and no scent, and the hyaluronic acid keeps me pretty well moisturized and never leaves me feeling greasy. It's also never broken me out (any more than I usually break out, anyway). I still get some tiny dry patches, but I use a lot of topical acne medications, so I don't blame the dryness on this moisturizer. Overall, it's a solid product for anyone with oily skin.

on 10/26/2016 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Magic in a jar! The only moisturizer I've ever used that didn't make my oily skin feel like slime. It goes on smooth, absorbs quickly, leaves no oil on my skin, my skin feels refreshed and hydrated, and soft as a baby's bum! Wears perfectly under make-up! It hasn't clogged my pores or caused any breakouts--I can't say enough good things about this moisturizer!!!
I do hate the jar, though. To keep it sanitary, I never put my fingers in the jar--just dunk a q-tip in, wipe it on my fingers and apply. It also has a little fragrance, which doesn't belong in skin care; but it hasn't irritated my skin at all.
10/10--I'd give it a 12/10 if it were in a pump bottle!

on 6/24/2016 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is a good gel cream. But only for the summer nights for me. While I have oily skin, I do suffer from dryness in the winter. This does not combat that. I bought this 7 months ago during the winter and it did nothing. Now I slather it on and it is everything for giving me plump skin the following morning. I like this, it is a dupe for Clinique Moisture Surge but I will not repurchase. I need something more hydrating for nighttime.

on 4/23/2016 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I applied this product as a nighttime and daytime moisturizer for my VERY sensitive and oily acne-prone skin. My face experiences very dry patches from my topical acne treatments. However, most lotions and creams make me break out. After giving this stuff a try, I have to say that very quickly after application, it made my face feel soft and look very supple and smooth! It also decreased oiliness in my t-zone. I love the way this stuff feels, BUT I cannot stand how fragranced it is! I wanted this moisturizer to work so badly that I ignored the fact that it was fragranced. My face broke out in a ton of small whiteheads as a result!!! Although it doesn't necessarily smell unpleasant, it's entirely too harsh for my sensitive face. For someone who isn't sensitive to perfumes, this would probably be the stuff for you!!!