Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 8/26/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have oily skin and this stuff really makes a difference. I even notice that when I put it on before bed I am less oily in the morning. It hydrates my dry spots and leaves my skin feeling supple and smooth. I love gel moisturizers and this one is great for the price.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Not sure what all the negative reviews are about here! For reference, the one I am reviewing is the one for "extra dry skin" that is fragrance free. I have combination acne-prone skin with some dry patches. I also hate the feeling of heavy or greasy moisturizers. When my skin was more oily, I loved the Clinique DDMG. This is my daily morning moisturizer and I love it so much. It doesn't break me out or clog my pores, it sinks in immediately, doesn't irritate my skin and is just all around awesome. I took off one lippy because it really isn't the most moisturizing, but it does the job. I would recommend this product to someone looking for a light moisturizer with combination or normal to oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 3/3/2018 12:03:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many moisturizers and i could never find one that set will with my skin. I got it cause Allie Glines (youtuber) did a whole video on Allure Winners of 2017. So did bought some of the items she mentioned on her video and this was one of them. This melts into my skin and goes really well with all my foundation that i use. I also use it when going out and no makeup what so ever. And keeps me really moisturize all day , and aim really dry during the winter. I live in Texas (south ) so let see how that tests out with the heat.

on 9/25/2017 3:30:00 AM

BIG NO!

I gave up using this product after 4 days of applying. I wanted to like it, cause I have been using the gel-cream version of this moisturizer for over a year and everything was fine, so I thought I should have no problem switching to the gel version, despite all the added fragance, color and silicone. However, it gave me red bumps all over my face, just when my skin nearly recovered from the previous breakout. Horrible. I guess it is the dimethicone which clogged up my pores...not sure if any other ingredient can be blamed except for this one.

Anyway, please, always do a patch test before applying anything full-face!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Got a sample of this in the mail and so far I absolutely love it! It made my skin feel instantly smoother and unlike most moisturizers it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I don't get the negative responses about the scent, I think it smells wonderful - fresh and yummy! But to each their own. It's fantastic if you have problems with your skin, like oily and dry at the same time like do. It also made my complexion look better, it smoothed out any rough patches and made my pores look smaller, I would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This stuff is okay as a moisturizer. It doesn't hydrate as much as I think it should, especially for the price. $20 is too much for this little from a drugstore product! It smells really good, and it has a nice texture. These are probably my favorite things about the product. Overall, I would recommend researching a bit more before you spend the money on this, it's not really worth it.

on 4/30/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This Hydro Boost gel isn't great for my skin after all. With repeated use, I started to break out and get small whiteheads. It blocks my pores. I just stopped using it and won't be repurchasing it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought this product looking for a gel that wouldn't be heavy on my very oily skin... It delivers good moisturise, feels lovely and cool on skin and sinks in right away... but as the day went on I very quickly got oily and this did nothing to mattify. Also the packaging is pretty unhygienic, so I won't be repurchasing.

on 3/8/2017 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I am so disappointed that this product did not work for me. I have oily skin that is a little drier in the winter, but I still never have flaking skin. I used this product for one month and my forehead began to get dry and flaky. I was so confused as to what it was, I thought maybe my foundation is getting old. Then one day I wore it alone, with no makeup or any other products and I realized that it wasn't my skin that was dry! The product itself was literally flaking off my skin!!

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else and I kept trying to make it work, because surely I can't be the only person out of THOUSANDS that this product doesn't work for. But alas I am.

If you have oily skin and all of a sudden start getting dry patches after using this product, please know it's the product flaking off your skin, not dry skin.

Looks like it's back to Coco butter for now