Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.0

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 10/23/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. I wanted it to make my skin look like its the flawless complexion of its spokesperson Washington’s. Instead, within two days, I noticed a fine rash everywhere I applied it. Looks like prickly heat. I’ve been using it for about three weeks and the rash has not cleared up. Unfortunately, I got two for one at Costco, so I have one unused jar that needs to find somebody who loves it or it will be donated or tossed. Rash notwithstanding, it just wasn’t that great. The fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it. Turbo charged baby powder mixed with industrial solvent? It also didn’t help my makeup go on better. It was absorbed sort of unevenly. My skin is oily and sensitive from lupus and rosacea. It didn’t burn, but it does seem to be the culprit of the rash on my face and upper chest. I won’t buy again.

on 9/28/2018 11:18:00 PM

I really want to like this. The texture is pleasant, it doesn't cause me to break out, and the price is right. However, it has a very strong fragrance that I just cannot get past. And the fragrance takes a while to dissipate even once applied, so I can smell it on my face. I'm sad to say the jar went in the trash before I'd used half of it because I just couldn't deal with the fragrance.

It feels very much like Clinique's Moisture Surge (regular, not MS Intense), maybe just a tiny bit stickier/slower to absorb. But there's that fragrance. If you can get past that it's a great product for normal/combination skin that doesn't want a heavy moisturizer.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The packaging is deceptive, and it's an okay price for what you get. I didn't like it.

on 4/26/2018 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually like to go a bit more in depth with reviews but I think this one can be covered simply by: didn't moisturise, broke me out everywhere.

on 2/18/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good basica moisturizer, it sinks well into the skin and does not leave a residue, it did not break mea out and I have acnee prone skin. Goes well under make up.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just bad. Tried a sample of it and of course broke out everywhere (I have severe cystic adult acne and everything breaks me out, and this was still bad). You read hylaronic acid and think moisturizing, but this "moisturizer" is literally just a ton of silicones with a very, very small percentage of hylaronic acid. It's like putting foundation on your face and leaving it there without washing it off (most foundations are silicone based). Ingredients matter, y'all, and silicones are not designed to have any long term moisturizing effects on the skin, but rather act as a barrier between your skin and the elements. That's why this product could have been good if they had combined the silicones with more quality moisturizing ingredients, but as it stands, it's kind of a rip off. Of course it makes your skin feel smooth at first, but it doesn't have any actual moisturizing properties. Save your money.

The jar is pretty, though, and I'm fine with the smell.

I had really high hopes for this moisturiser after reading it was suitable for acne prone skin and wouldn't clog pores. However this broke me out almost immediately on the same day as I wore it. Although it feels nice initially on the skin, it doesn't combine with foundation amazingly and I also got some pilling where I must have put too much gel on...
Fragrance doesn't bother me and neither does packaging if the product is good!
Not worth the price tag if you have acne prone/sensitive skin in my opinion.

on 9/17/2017 1:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Drug store holy grail 100%. Great for really any skin, it never made my skin feel greasy, oily, or with a weird uncomfortable film. Never broke me out either! My skin is pretty sensitive to moisturizers, but my skin drank this stuff right up and made it feel so smooth and supple. A bit pricey for a drugstore product, but a little dab was able to cover my entire face thankfully. I still recommend this to all of my friends and family! A great addition to anyone's skincare routine.

This cream it is no for everyone. This is for oily face not for dry faces. Hope you understand