Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.0

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Broke me out badly, I hadn’t got pimples this bad in years. Felt more like a silicon based primer that gives your skin that synthetic silk texture than a healthy moisturizer that plumps your skin, which is what I was looking for. Never buying again going to use the rest of the product on my hands and arms.

on 9/19/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the hydro boost at Costco and lived it have run out and Costco doesn't have now. I love it my skin n loves it and I hope it comes back to Costco
It made my skin feel refreshed no smells which made me happy. I have been using the hydoboost for a year or two. I put it on a skin problem on my waist & it totally changed it. Thank you and hope it comes back to Costco

on 9/16/2017 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I typically come to MUA and do some research via the reviews before I make a purchase that has anything to do with skincare. Unfortunately, I did not do that prior to purchasing this product.

Like a lot of other individuals have said - this product isn't the greatest for dry skin (despite the name of the product and the promise of it bringing more hydration to your skin.) I'm thankfully past my awkward mid-20's breakout stage, but I'm definitely into the mid-30's dryness stage. The packaging looked nice, I liked the way "Hydro Boost" sounded, and I love gels. I've only been using this for about a week, and it has already left my face feeling really dry and tight. I've even started to break out a little which typically happens when my skin is way too parched. It makes me kind of sad because I really do like the texture of this product. With fall and winter coming, this product was just not going to cut it for my skin-type.

On a side-note: I see a lot of complaints about the scent of this product. I actually really love how this smells! So much so, that instead of tossing it into the trash, I'm going to regulate this to hand-cream status since it seems to work pretty well for that purpose.

on 7/25/2015 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really enjoyed this moisturizer while it lasted. I have oily skin, and it worked well enough on me. It did not cause any breakouts, and it moisturized my skin very well. I loved the scent, but of course it will not be for everyone.

It is pretty pricey for the amount that you get, but I would probably re-purchase it if I hadn't found the product I am about to mention. I have already found a cheaper alternative, TonyMoly Wonder Water Moisture Cream. You get about 6 times more product for the same price, and it has the same texture, and similar scent (which might be a deal breaker for some people).

I would say the TonyMoly gel cream is more moisturizing, and it contains more ingredients to help battle oily skin. I got what I would consider a huge tub (I don't think I have ever had a 10 ounce jar of facial moisturizer before) at their store in Ktown, NYC, for around $18. I have also found I can use less of the TonyMoly gel cream to make my skin feel moisturized.

If you don't have access to TonyMoly near you, or online, then the Neutrogena version is definitely nice enough.

on 4/11/2015 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Disappointed. I was really hoping this would be incredibly hydrating, and it's just not. I'm a huge fan of Creme de la Mer and need something as moisturizing as that. This product is not it. I layer it over other moisturizers just to use it up, and hey, extra hydration never hurt.