Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin type : Other
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.0

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 1/16/2019 3:55:00 PM

I was hoping I’d fall in love with this product- I first learned about it in one of those best in class magazine articles.

I’m not in love, but I’m in “like”.
Pros:
Feels nice, gel like (almost) feel, goes on the skin and doesn’t disappear in seconds but doesn’t just sit on the surface either, seems to sink in over 5-10 min - perfect
Doesn’t break me out
Is moisturizing but not heavy on my combination (but dry during winter) skin
Seems to help my makeup go on nicely almost like I’m wearing a primer

Cons:
No sunscreen- it’s fine for evenings but I usually use other treatment type products at night. This is great for daytime but I dislike having to layer sunscreen over it.
Packaging- I don’t like jars, this would be ideal in a glass bottle with a pump or in a plastic tube type container imo

I think I will repurchase- but this is far from HG to me so time will tell

on 6/27/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst product ever!burnt my skin and dried it out to the point of rawness

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

on 8/6/2017 11:27:00 AM

The first thing to know about this is that it smells like a combo of urinal cake and Febreze. Ugh. It is also LOADED with silicone, which may be why some people find it results in smoother skin. I am older and my skin is dehydrated more than dry, so I though this might do the trick. The SA at Walgreen's talked me into it. I will be returning it.

If it were remarkably hydrating, I *might" be able to get past the smell. But it's nothing special, and not even worth $20.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the moisture gel cream version for extra dry skin, and I am in love with this product! I am extremely impressed. I have very sensitive skin with both breakouts ( from hormones) and very dry patches . I bought it for the hyaluronic acid ingredient, on the recommendation of my dermatologist, not expecting too much. It's a miracle for me. It applies beautifully, calms and moisturizers my skin better than any product I have tried, and I look 10 years younger! I can even use it around my eyes without irritation. My only criticism is the jar versus a sealed pump, which would be more sterile. I am stocking up on this beauty, big-time. Thank you, Neutrogena!

on 1/7/2016 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love this moisturiser!!! Just what i have been looking for.Tried and wasted money on good brands. They all left my skin so sticky that it was hard to put on foundation. Neutrogena Hydro boost water gel leaves my skin soft and smooth straight away.
I do not care about SPF as i use foundations with high SPF
Some people say it has no anti aging qualities.
What about Hyaluronic acid?
I have tried the Hydro Boost with SPF was very disappointed as it left my skin very sticky.
If you hate sticky skin do.not buy that version

on 1/1/2016 3:47:00 PM

I have tried tons of different moisturizers and this one is very light but leaves your skin feeling very soft and it looking supple. I know it doesnt have any spf but for putting under your favorite foundation, it works perfect.

on 5/21/2015 6:27:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer, especially now that the weather is warmer. They have a version for dry skin, as well as a version for what I assume to be normal skin, which is what I have. It seems like it has a pretty simple ingredient list, which I appreciate. Though scanning over the list with my limited knowledge of ingredient names, it appears to contain quite a few silicone based products.

That doesn't bother me, but it might bother someone with a sensitivity to silicone. Just something to keep in mind before you buy, I would read the list for yourself and determine if it is something you're sensitive to, I am definitely not an expert in that area.

The only thing it is lacking is SPF, but I've never seen a gel product with SPF in it, personally. I almost always wear a high SPF bb cream or cc cream when I am outside anyway, so, not a huge deal for me.

I love the scent, it isn't too strong at all, but makes the experience of using this product just that much more pleasant. Of course the scent fades immediately once you apply it, but I don't think I would want to smell it all day anyway.

It is a bit pricey for what you get, especially considering it is a drugstore product, but if you're looking for a light, hydrating, non-greasy moisturizer this might be for you. :)

on 4/7/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was really hoping this would be a good moisturiser, but it gave me a contact dermatitis reaction within two hours. The ingredients are all very chemically, but nothing I was aware would set off my sensitive skin. In hindsight though it's loaded with dimethicone which is probably the culprit. I guess it's my fault for not being more careful!

However even if I didn't react to it, I don't think It would do anything other than clog my pores. The fragrance is very strong and perfumey and you can feel all the 'cones when you apply it. That's what they're trying to market as ''moisturising'' I guess?

At AUD$20 it's kind of expensive. The packaging gets 3 stars because the tub is very pretty but unhygienic.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Smells hella perfumey, doesn't moisturize worth a damn, and expensive for the amount, plus it made my skin break out along my hairline while other parts of my face were dry enough to get flaky. Basically the opposite of this product's intended goal of being a lightweight, non-pore clogging moisture option for oily/combo skin.

Compared to other HLA products I have used (Episilk and Trish McEvoy) the results are disappointing: HLA should make your skin plumper and more moisturized, this doesn't have that effect, so either their sourcing is off or there isn't enough in the formula to actually work.

Celestial from Lush is like $5 more and is an effective lightweight moisturizer that won't break you out and lasts forever; this stuff sucks.