Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 1/16/2019 3:55:00 PM

I was hoping I’d fall in love with this product- I first learned about it in one of those best in class magazine articles.

I’m not in love, but I’m in “like”.
Pros:
Feels nice, gel like (almost) feel, goes on the skin and doesn’t disappear in seconds but doesn’t just sit on the surface either, seems to sink in over 5-10 min - perfect
Doesn’t break me out
Is moisturizing but not heavy on my combination (but dry during winter) skin
Seems to help my makeup go on nicely almost like I’m wearing a primer

Cons:
No sunscreen- it’s fine for evenings but I usually use other treatment type products at night. This is great for daytime but I dislike having to layer sunscreen over it.
Packaging- I don’t like jars, this would be ideal in a glass bottle with a pump or in a plastic tube type container imo

I think I will repurchase- but this is far from HG to me so time will tell

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

on 1/1/2016 3:47:00 PM

I have tried tons of different moisturizers and this one is very light but leaves your skin feeling very soft and it looking supple. I know it doesnt have any spf but for putting under your favorite foundation, it works perfect.

on 5/21/2015 6:27:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer, especially now that the weather is warmer. They have a version for dry skin, as well as a version for what I assume to be normal skin, which is what I have. It seems like it has a pretty simple ingredient list, which I appreciate. Though scanning over the list with my limited knowledge of ingredient names, it appears to contain quite a few silicone based products.

That doesn't bother me, but it might bother someone with a sensitivity to silicone. Just something to keep in mind before you buy, I would read the list for yourself and determine if it is something you're sensitive to, I am definitely not an expert in that area.

The only thing it is lacking is SPF, but I've never seen a gel product with SPF in it, personally. I almost always wear a high SPF bb cream or cc cream when I am outside anyway, so, not a huge deal for me.

I love the scent, it isn't too strong at all, but makes the experience of using this product just that much more pleasant. Of course the scent fades immediately once you apply it, but I don't think I would want to smell it all day anyway.

It is a bit pricey for what you get, especially considering it is a drugstore product, but if you're looking for a light, hydrating, non-greasy moisturizer this might be for you. :)

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

Nope. A bit pricey for a drugstore product, and slightly sticky on my skin...combine these "cons" with the likely-to-be-contaminated jar (read about that problem after purchase), and it's going back. If it were a bit less expensive and in a squeeze-tube, I would give it another shot.

on 2/1/2012 2:46:00 AM

In general, the product was just okay for moisturizing for me. I felt it wasn't bad, as the gel absorbed well, but the moisturizing effect didn't last that long. Also, I noticed that the ingredients list contained parabens again. :( I wasn't a big fan of the chemical smell either.