Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 11/21/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I had great hopes for this; a light, gel moisturizer that wouldn't add oil to my already oily skin. What I've ended up with is just shy of a minor burn. After applying it four nights in a row, my skin became sore, almost like a chemical burn, and looked like I had a splotchy rash or windburn. Just washing my face with my Cerave cleanser was almost painful. I've applied First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream the past two nights and my skin looks and feels much better. Another one bites the dust.

on 10/23/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. I wanted it to make my skin look like its the flawless complexion of its spokesperson Washington’s. Instead, within two days, I noticed a fine rash everywhere I applied it. Looks like prickly heat. I’ve been using it for about three weeks and the rash has not cleared up. Unfortunately, I got two for one at Costco, so I have one unused jar that needs to find somebody who loves it or it will be donated or tossed. Rash notwithstanding, it just wasn’t that great. The fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it. Turbo charged baby powder mixed with industrial solvent? It also didn’t help my makeup go on better. It was absorbed sort of unevenly. My skin is oily and sensitive from lupus and rosacea. It didn’t burn, but it does seem to be the culprit of the rash on my face and upper chest. I won’t buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

on 9/5/2018 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the texture but this irritated my skin and always gave me a burning sensation whenever I used it. It also did not hydrate my skin at all. Do not recommend for dry & sensitive skin. Also has a strong smell I didnt like.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This felt heavy like a silicone primer and left a film. Felt gross and yet my skin still felt dry not moisturized. Wanted to like this as heard so much about it. I got about half way through the jar thinking I need to get used to a gel moisturizer...I would not buy this again.

on 8/1/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a go-to of mine for several years after it first lauched. I recently switched back to Hydro Boost when my other moisturizer ran out, and was so disappointed to find it to be completely different than the many times I used it in the past and loved it. My face looks BAD; not only do I have red patches on my cheeks and whiteheads (tiny ones that always come out when I react allergically), but the pores on my entire T-zone are clogged and huge. I noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gel during its application last weekend but didn't think much of it. My skin, which is combination, has been acting up lately due to rosacea. I'm in my thirties and haven't dealt with major issues since acne in high school was resolved with Accutane. That said, it is extremely sensitive to some sunscreens and silicones. My current dermatologist recommended a few products to try in combination with a prescription gel to start treating the mild rosacea, and the redness and bumps had just started to show noticeable improvement. Enter in Hydro Boost and the redness is back ten times worse. Washing with Dove soap makes it burn, and like another person said, my skin is so dry that it hurts to touch. Yuck. I would urge anyone with sensitivity and/or allergies to certain ingredients to switch test it elsewhere prior to applying it. It's awesome to have sites like this to vent and also maybe help someone else avoid the hassle of spending days waiting for a bad reaction to resolve.

on 7/9/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have sensitive skin or skin that "reacts" often to products but it did to this.
Something is in this thats just not good and i do not know what it is. I am so surprised this gets rav reviews and is always quotes in mags. Total fail for me.

on 6/27/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst product ever!burnt my skin and dried it out to the point of rawness

on 6/26/2018 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was not moisturising for me. My skin is normal/dry. I gave it 5 lippies for price because it does not work and that is a waste of $$$.

on 5/10/2018 1:23:00 AM

I had crystal clear skin prior to buying this cursed product. I figured I'd give it a try, because it was around the same price as my usual moisturiser that I ran out of. I tried it on my hand at the store and it felt amazing. So I brought it home and put it on my skin, and it started to sting immediately. WITHIN A FEW HOURS I HAD RED PATCHES ALL OVER MY CHEEKS AS IF I WAS A BURN VICTIM!! Pimples also started to pop out all over my face, something that has never happened in MONTHS despite me being a teen. Folks, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SKIN and move to a better moisturiser!!! NEVER AGAIN, NEUTROGENA! POISON FOR YOUR SKIN!