Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

2.8

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 11/21/2018 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I had great hopes for this; a light, gel moisturizer that wouldn't add oil to my already oily skin. What I've ended up with is just shy of a minor burn. After applying it four nights in a row, my skin became sore, almost like a chemical burn, and looked like I had a splotchy rash or windburn. Just washing my face with my Cerave cleanser was almost painful. I've applied First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream the past two nights and my skin looks and feels much better. Another one bites the dust.

on 10/23/2018 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this product. I wanted it to make my skin look like its the flawless complexion of its spokesperson Washington’s. Instead, within two days, I noticed a fine rash everywhere I applied it. Looks like prickly heat. I’ve been using it for about three weeks and the rash has not cleared up. Unfortunately, I got two for one at Costco, so I have one unused jar that needs to find somebody who loves it or it will be donated or tossed. Rash notwithstanding, it just wasn’t that great. The fragrance is too strong. I can’t even describe it. Turbo charged baby powder mixed with industrial solvent? It also didn’t help my makeup go on better. It was absorbed sort of unevenly. My skin is oily and sensitive from lupus and rosacea. It didn’t burn, but it does seem to be the culprit of the rash on my face and upper chest. I won’t buy again.

on 6/26/2018 8:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This was not moisturising for me. My skin is normal/dry. I gave it 5 lippies for price because it does not work and that is a waste of $$$.

on 5/17/2018 10:44:00 PM

Wow, never thought I'd love a moisturizer this much. There are very few moisturizers I use up, most are still half full. I have bought this several times, it's that good, and oh so light, cool, feels unbelievable.

on 9/19/2017 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought the hydro boost at Costco and lived it have run out and Costco doesn't have now. I love it my skin n loves it and I hope it comes back to Costco
It made my skin feel refreshed no smells which made me happy. I have been using the hydoboost for a year or two. I put it on a skin problem on my waist & it totally changed it. Thank you and hope it comes back to Costco

on 8/6/2017 11:27:00 AM

The first thing to know about this is that it smells like a combo of urinal cake and Febreze. Ugh. It is also LOADED with silicone, which may be why some people find it results in smoother skin. I am older and my skin is dehydrated more than dry, so I though this might do the trick. The SA at Walgreen's talked me into it. I will be returning it.

If it were remarkably hydrating, I *might" be able to get past the smell. But it's nothing special, and not even worth $20.

on 3/21/2017 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I was so disappointed in trying this gel. The label claims to quench my skin and keep it looking smooth and supple and hydrated day after day. This is simple NOT true. My skin was dry a scaly, had patches of dry flakes in my cheeks under the yes and on my for head, I didn't want to spend so money for it to begin with. Its pretty color, feels cool and easy to apply, but that's all it does. The name Neutrogena is suppose to be a trust worthy company and product, but not on this one.

on 10/27/2015 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Who cares about the smell? It's not unpleasant and doesn't last. The product works
beautifully for normal to oily skin.
I have been using it for 9 days mixed with fresh Lemon Juice and Vitamin E powder.
Mix fresh Lemon juice with Vit E with clean finger until smooth and then add the Neutrogena
Gel and blend. Your skin will thank you for it. Must be kept in fridge.
Recipe;
2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice,
1 " " of Vit E powder,
4 " " of Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel.

72yrs young. Australia.

on 10/23/2015 7:59:00 AM

I LOVE the texture and consistency. I read that this moisturizer "seals in" whatever product you put on your face before it. A little goes a long way. The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because I'm not certain how well it really moisturizes.

on 7/26/2015 7:50:00 PM

It you are sensitive to smell do not buy this. It's not that it smells bad, it is just way too strong for me. I might be able to stand the smell on my hands but not on my face. Seems to work well. Don't really like the jar packaging but for the price had to try it.