Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 44-55
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.4

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 12/26/2018 6:25:00 PM

Incredible product. Was told to purchase this by a trusted Esthetician and Dr. Dray. I am amazed at how well it hydrates and does not cause any breakouts whatsoever. It's best used in combination with other products. I would not rely on this alone. But for the price, it easily sandwiched itself into my daily. I am mature, combo skin, dehydrated (not dry) and very sensitive so I like to keep things simple.

on 9/15/2018 7:02:00 PM

I've used up my jar of this, i used it as my daytime moisturiser with sunscreen applied after it set on the daily. I have dry skin, and because of my age, my issues are eye wrinkles, drying skin and sun damage.

It did the job, it moisturised my skin and my skin remained hydrated throughout the day.

My issue was the texture/formula. Its lightweight, and it needs time to set. Which meant of a morning in order to get this to work for me I had to apply the moisturiser, then go have breakfast, then apply sunscreen. If I didn't allow this product at least 5 minutes to soak in before applying the next product, i had problems with products moving all over the place. Since I work and I have a life, I'm not interested in spending an hour getting ready by waiting for products to soak into my skin before applying the next layer. Its not a product for the time poor woman.

I also think its not a product for mature or dry skin, i think its more suited to young oily skin that needs hydrating but doesn't want something that will clog pores. At my age, I prefer a more moisturising product rather than a hydrating product like this. So, if you have hours and hours to get ready of a morning, don't work, don't have responsibilities, have oily break out prone skin - you may like this.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This felt heavy like a silicone primer and left a film. Felt gross and yet my skin still felt dry not moisturized. Wanted to like this as heard so much about it. I got about half way through the jar thinking I need to get used to a gel moisturizer...I would not buy this again.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

It does the job it advertises and moisturizes pretty well without leaving behind any greasiness or residue. It didn't clog pores or cause any skin irritation. But I found that there's not really anything special to this moisturizer that sets it apart from other moisturizers in that price range. If you're a Neutrogena fan, you'd like this. If you're not a Neutrogena fan, you could probably find something comparable in another brand. Personally, I would consider repurchasing.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to love this so much. I am 47 and still have very oily skin, but now have dry patches as well. I need some moisture, but nothing greasy. I have fits with greasiness under makeup. I loved the way this performed. It absorbed quickly and added moisture without greasiness or making my skin oily. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, my skin started to itch and got mosquito-bite like whelps. Something in this doesn't agree with my skin, maybe the fragrance. I tried the Garnier brand product that is similar with no problems. My husband used it with the same reaction. My son is using it and loves it, so if you are not sensitive to it, lucky you!

on 5/10/2017 12:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I like that it is a gel texture, it feels very fresh on the skin, now, it isn't the most moisturizing , but in spring and summer, it is fine.l.in winter, might not be enough..the smell isn't an issue for me.li would think it is the perfect moisturizer for normal to combination skin,,,it is like Clinique moisture surge, same texture, now the Clinique is more moisturizing in the long run..so if your skin needs moisture , go with the Clinique.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Here is my basic information because everyone's skin is different. My skin tends to run oily but I have been using retin-a so it is now normal to slightly oily. My skin can also be sensitive and easily break out with certain products and sunscreens.

That bit of history out of the way, I use this product because, as I said the retin-a gel I use at night has been drying to my skin which is normal so I need something to bring back the moisture during the day. BUT - my moisturizer cannot be be too thick or oily or else I will have an oil slick on my face 10 minutes later.

This product is amazing on my skin. I use it right after my morning shower and wait about three or four minutes before I apply my foundation. The water gel, is very light, slick and applies easily. It adds just the right amount of moisture to my skin that it does not feel thirsty but not too much that it feels like a Texas oil field. I use it on my eyelids too and it works well to provide the moisture the delicate skin there needs as well.

I would improve the packaging. I don't prefer things in a small tub like container. I would rather have a tube because I feel it is cleaner.

I have been using it for two months so far and I plan to use it forever or as long as they make it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this in the moisture gel cream version for extra dry skin, and I am in love with this product! I am extremely impressed. I have very sensitive skin with both breakouts ( from hormones) and very dry patches . I bought it for the hyaluronic acid ingredient, on the recommendation of my dermatologist, not expecting too much. It's a miracle for me. It applies beautifully, calms and moisturizers my skin better than any product I have tried, and I look 10 years younger! I can even use it around my eyes without irritation. My only criticism is the jar versus a sealed pump, which would be more sterile. I am stocking up on this beauty, big-time. Thank you, Neutrogena!

on 1/30/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm recommending this gel even though my skin is sensitive and I can't really use it. It has too much fragrance and my skin doesn't react well to it. However, I gave it to my daughter-in-law and she loves it. I can definitely see a difference in her beautiful skin since she started using it. It's well hydrated and I can no longer see those tiny lines around her eyes. Her skin is normal so she likes the gel formula because she hates anything too creamy and this is perfect for her. She also likes the lovely scent. I'm giving this three lippies even though it didn't work for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wanted to love this product (the texture and scent are wonderful), unfortunately it provides very little moisture to my skin. I've tried using it twice and both times it left my skin feeling like I hadn't used any moisturizer at all, and this was in the middle of the hot, sticky, Ohio Valley summer.