Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 36-43
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

on 1/16/2019 3:55:00 PM

I was hoping I’d fall in love with this product- I first learned about it in one of those best in class magazine articles.

I’m not in love, but I’m in “like”.
Pros:
Feels nice, gel like (almost) feel, goes on the skin and doesn’t disappear in seconds but doesn’t just sit on the surface either, seems to sink in over 5-10 min - perfect
Doesn’t break me out
Is moisturizing but not heavy on my combination (but dry during winter) skin
Seems to help my makeup go on nicely almost like I’m wearing a primer

Cons:
No sunscreen- it’s fine for evenings but I usually use other treatment type products at night. This is great for daytime but I dislike having to layer sunscreen over it.
Packaging- I don’t like jars, this would be ideal in a glass bottle with a pump or in a plastic tube type container imo

I think I will repurchase- but this is far from HG to me so time will tell

on 8/1/2018 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was a go-to of mine for several years after it first lauched. I recently switched back to Hydro Boost when my other moisturizer ran out, and was so disappointed to find it to be completely different than the many times I used it in the past and loved it. My face looks BAD; not only do I have red patches on my cheeks and whiteheads (tiny ones that always come out when I react allergically), but the pores on my entire T-zone are clogged and huge. I noticed a slight difference in the feel of the gel during its application last weekend but didn't think much of it. My skin, which is combination, has been acting up lately due to rosacea. I'm in my thirties and haven't dealt with major issues since acne in high school was resolved with Accutane. That said, it is extremely sensitive to some sunscreens and silicones. My current dermatologist recommended a few products to try in combination with a prescription gel to start treating the mild rosacea, and the redness and bumps had just started to show noticeable improvement. Enter in Hydro Boost and the redness is back ten times worse. Washing with Dove soap makes it burn, and like another person said, my skin is so dry that it hurts to touch. Yuck. I would urge anyone with sensitivity and/or allergies to certain ingredients to switch test it elsewhere prior to applying it. It's awesome to have sites like this to vent and also maybe help someone else avoid the hassle of spending days waiting for a bad reaction to resolve.

on 7/9/2018 10:40:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I do not have sensitive skin or skin that "reacts" often to products but it did to this.
Something is in this thats just not good and i do not know what it is. I am so surprised this gets rav reviews and is always quotes in mags. Total fail for me.

on 10/25/2017 3:51:00 AM

İt is drugstore product but it works. İ will rebuy again.. İ have combo oil skin. This cream absorbed quickly. Good performance for price.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Got a sample of this in the mail and so far I absolutely love it! It made my skin feel instantly smoother and unlike most moisturizers it didn't leave my skin feeling greasy. I don't get the negative responses about the scent, I think it smells wonderful - fresh and yummy! But to each their own. It's fantastic if you have problems with your skin, like oily and dry at the same time like do. It also made my complexion look better, it smoothed out any rough patches and made my pores look smaller, I would definitely repurchase!

on 8/15/2017 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This smells HORRIBLE. Absolutely HORRIBLE. Like some kind of cheap glade plug in, or terrible walmart / proctor & gamble / glade candle. Good god. I don't want this anywhere near my face. I don't care what it does.

on 4/30/2017 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This Hydro Boost gel isn't great for my skin after all. With repeated use, I started to break out and get small whiteheads. It blocks my pores. I just stopped using it and won't be repurchasing it again.

The smell is so strong! It made me get a rash. I'm pretty sure it was from the fragrance. If they had added 8th of the scent, I might be able to use it. Otherwise, the moisturizer feels very smoothing and cool. As always I prefer a pump for hygiene reasons.
I ended up returning this.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel! It reminds me a bit of Clinque Moisture Surge in the feel of its formulation (not a dupe though). I'm in an area where there is very low humidity so my skin needs continual hydration. This product feels lightweight but the hydration is anything but! This absorbs right in and my skin feels nice to the touch afterward. I have used this morning and night after cleansing and it fit right in with other skincare and makeup application. I'm so happy not to have to resort to thick, goopy, pore clogging moisturizers! I love this product and can't imagine not using it:)

on 6/5/2016 4:14:00 PM

So far so good. I've been using this as a daytime moisturizer for several weeks, and I love it. Neutrogena used to make a whipped, illuminating moisturizer they discontinued, and I've been looking for a comparable replacement ever since. While this doesn't have the specific illuminating effect that product did, it does have a similarly light, airy feel, goes on smooth, doesn't irritate my combo/acne prone skin, and I do feel like I have a more youthful glow. I am also one of those rare people who likes product in a jar instead of a pump or tube, as I feel you can actually tell when it's running out more easily, and if you wash your hands properly there isn't really a contamination issue. I even use foundation that comes in a little pot; it just has a more old-fashioned, luxurious connotation for me, I guess. If the jar dispensing method bothers you, you could easily apply with a sponge or keep a spoon on hand to scoop out just what you need. My only real complaints are price for what you get and feel that perhaps it could either come in a slightly larger container for the price or be just a bit less expensive. It's also not really that effective for a HUGE anti-aging effect, as it doesn't have specifically anti-aging ingredients. I would recommend adding a serum or night cream to your regimen and keep this stuff for a light, daytime moisturizer.