Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 30-35
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.4

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is like Clinique's DDMG minus anything good in it (a tiny amount of Olive extract and Hyaluronic acid barely count).
I purchased this along with the matching cleansing gel as the two were on offer if purchased together. I didn't like the cleanser and I definitely do not like this. My skin broke out terribly by the 3rd day of using it at which point I checked out the ingredients list and realized almost every second ingredient was a silicone. I don't think I've ever seen so many in a product - not even a hair one!!
After reading so many good reviews on this I purchased on a whim, completely forgetting about DDMG and its silicones being the culprit behind my flakey and bumpy skin some years back. This did the same, but worse and much quicker!
If you're good with silicones and normal to oily/combination then this might work for you. If you aren't then steer well away from this one.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 12/28/2018 3:40:00 PM

I am on my fourth jar and about fourth month of use of this. It’s not exactly holy grail, but it’s the best I’ve tried in a long time to suit my tricky skincare needs. I have dry, sensitive, and acne-prone (chin) skin. It’s difficult to find products that moisturize enough without causing breakouts.

The formula is lightweight and absorbs almost instantly. I use It after face wash and witch hazel toner at night before bed, and after just a water rinse in the morning. It’s definitely more on the gel than lotion side texture wise, and is a fine base for makeup. There is no noticeable scent, and it has not caused me any skin irritation (itchiness or redness). I feel like I have a lower occurrence of blemishes since I started using it (compared to my old moisturizer, which was the Clean & Clear Morning Burst Gel) and also that when they do happen, they don’t last as long. The minor ones seem to come to the surface and heal within two days most of the time.

My only reasons for not giving this a 5 overall are that it’s not moisturizing enough in the winter, and the quantity doesn’t last very long. I still sometimes have small dry, flaky patches on my face after using it. However, were it more moisturizing, it might be worse for breakouts and I’d rather deal with the dryness. (Note: I did also try the formula labeled for “extra dry skin” but although it didn’t seem different, I broke out a lot more within just a few days with it. Despite my dryness, I stay with the original version.) The formula spreads out well so you don’t need a lot but each jar only lasts about a month with 2x daily use. The price isn’t terrible, compared to the same quantity of other formulas, but I wish they would put this in a pump container and not give you 2/3 packaging and 1/3 product.

For now, I’m happy with the results and sticking with it. Would recommend to those with similar skin type.

on 12/26/2018 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After wearing all day, it feels like it clogged my pores. It's hard to explain, but I can almost feel it just hardening in them (I wish I could explain it better than that). Doesn't feel good after a few hours. I'm very oily, so maybe it's just too much mixed in with my sebum production. The search continues...

on 9/28/2018 11:18:00 PM

I really want to like this. The texture is pleasant, it doesn't cause me to break out, and the price is right. However, it has a very strong fragrance that I just cannot get past. And the fragrance takes a while to dissipate even once applied, so I can smell it on my face. I'm sad to say the jar went in the trash before I'd used half of it because I just couldn't deal with the fragrance.

It feels very much like Clinique's Moisture Surge (regular, not MS Intense), maybe just a tiny bit stickier/slower to absorb. But there's that fragrance. If you can get past that it's a great product for normal/combination skin that doesn't want a heavy moisturizer.

on 9/11/2018 4:39:00 PM

This has been my go to moisturizer before makeup for about a year. I would try to moisturize with creams, but it was too heavy for my oily skin and wouldn’t sink in quickly enough for mornings I needed to get to work on time. Basically - oil slick by 10 AM when I attempted to apply makeup after my cream moisturizer. It was so bad I stopped moisturizing before makeup. I just put the cream on at night and let my natural oils do whatever the next morning.

Now, I am able to put this product on to hydrate and plump my skin, leave it for about 10 minutes, and apply makeup that looks really nice over it!

Seeing the other reviews this product will either irritate your skin or not. Thank goodness I have not had any breakouts and I have pretty sensitive skin (for instance I personally can’t use the high-end “Drunk Elephant Baby Facial” because it clogs my skin like crazy!!!).

I would recommend people to at least try (especially my oily brothers and sisters) because it’s an economical find that works amazing on some people. Maybe just do a patch test on your forehead and keep the receipt!

Used for a month or two and definitely noticed this product clogged my pores for sure, it moisturized well but not worth the blackheads and clogged pores!

on 3/3/2018 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have tried so many moisturizers and i could never find one that set will with my skin. I got it cause Allie Glines (youtuber) did a whole video on Allure Winners of 2017. So did bought some of the items she mentioned on her video and this was one of them. This melts into my skin and goes really well with all my foundation that i use. I also use it when going out and no makeup what so ever. And keeps me really moisturize all day , and aim really dry during the winter. I live in Texas (south ) so let see how that tests out with the heat.

on 2/18/2018 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Good basica moisturizer, it sinks well into the skin and does not leave a residue, it did not break mea out and I have acnee prone skin. Goes well under make up.

on 10/21/2017 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I have tried high and low end night creams for the past two weeks, and none of them does what this does. I use the Hydro Boost face wash and then I put this on after and my skin is healthy and balanced and glowing.

on 10/18/2017 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have rosacea/sensitive skin and this broke me out after one application (used it once a day for a week).
I liked the texture and feel of the gel, but sadly I had to give it away.