Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 25-29
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.3

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

I mostly use nitrogen products and they are fab

This is my holy grail daily moisturizer. I have tried a TON of different moisturizers. I love using this in the mornings after cleansing and using a more heavy duty cream cleanser at night. This stuff doesn’t cause pimples, hydrates my skin and makes it feel supple. Never a fan of the jar style of moisturizers but I’ll give this a pass because it works. I will buy this again. For reference, I have combination skin, I’m mostly dry but I get oily through the day. I have had huge improvement in my skin using this product and am suffering from much less daytime oiliness and don’t feel dried out.

on 11/24/2018 12:48:00 PM

I’m a huge fan of this. My combo/dry/sensitive/clog prone skin loves this. It feels awesome when applied, refreshing. It absorbs super quick. If I’m feeling extra extra dry, I’ll apply twice. Kicks the glam glow versions booty, and is waaaay cheaper!

on 9/10/2018 7:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm pretty surprised by the negative reviews! But like a previous more positive review, I'm writing with reference to the fragrance-free extra-dry skin variety. My skin gets very dry, even in desperately humid/hot/miserable summer weather, and sometimes the thought of using a regular moisturizer is way too much. Creams never really sink in, and the oil I use in the AM isn't quite right for overnight moisture either. I bought this in a panic when it was about 97 degrees out and I was trying to avoid going back to my un-air conditioned apartment. All in all, I have been happy. The texture is really pleasant, smooth and cool, but it sinks in very quickly and doesn't leave any kind of filmy residue, and it doesn't make me look like a greased pig 35 seconds later. My skin hasn't seemed to have had any adverse reactions to it, no bumps, no breakouts.

As with most people, pots of product are not my favorite by any means, but the wide mouth makes it easy to get a dollop without too much work, and as long as you've washed your hands, it shouldn't be too concerning. I don't think I will continue using this as my PM moisturizer once the weather changes, as I definitely need something stronger for winter, but as a lighter weight/summer product, it has been a great addition to my routine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I used it once and my forehead became a brillo pad of clogged pores. I've never has such an immediate strong reaction that wasn't irritation - it's like they designed a product specifically to clog pores and make your skin look bumpier.

The smell is strong enough that my boyfriend thought I put on perfume before bed, I wouldn't say it's a bad smell, but it's so intense that I almost - almost - didn't put it on my face.

Curology recommended this product and I actually emailed them, because (without hyperbole) this is the worst $20 I've ever spent on beauty.

on 9/5/2018 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I liked the texture but this irritated my skin and always gave me a burning sensation whenever I used it. It also did not hydrate my skin at all. Do not recommend for dry & sensitive skin. Also has a strong smell I didnt like.

on 8/26/2018 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I have oily skin and this stuff really makes a difference. I even notice that when I put it on before bed I am less oily in the morning. It hydrates my dry spots and leaves my skin feeling supple and smooth. I love gel moisturizers and this one is great for the price.

on 6/27/2018 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Worst product ever!burnt my skin and dried it out to the point of rawness

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

The packaging is deceptive, and it's an okay price for what you get. I didn't like it.

on 5/4/2018 6:53:00 PM

I’ve carefully maintained my skin for years. It’s usually very resillient and far from sensitive.
Bought this because it was “non-comedogenic and alcohol-free.”
I haven’t broken out so bad in years. First night I used this there was a light stinging sensation. Assumed it was because my skin was dry after cleansing. Second night there was no stinging but saw some peeling on my skin in the morning. Odd, but didn’t want to blame the product just yet. After the third night I broke out horribly. These days I’ll get maybe one pimple every two three weeks.
This caused clusters of pimples. My forehead, temples, cheeks, chin, nose, all the way down to my neck. I don’t even remember ever having pimples on my neck before but now I have 6-7 on my neck. All red and angry.
If you’re adamant about purchasing this then please at least patch test for several days. It’s been years since I’ve broken out in any capacity but this just left my skin a mess.