Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
Hydro Boost Water GelHydro Boost Water GelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gelNeutrogena Hydro Boost water gel Ingredients

3.5

Updated (3/22/2018): Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethaqnol, Polyacrylamide, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Dimethiconol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Carbomer, Laureth-7, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, C12-14 Pareth -12, Sodium Hydroxide, Blue 1

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

initially i thought this moisturiser was a miracle: it applied well, absorbed really quickly and left my skin feeling smooth. it controlled my shine pretty decently too but it’s not the best. i thought i had found the replacement to a discontinued moisturiser i had been using before this. fast forward a few weeks later, i am at the end of the container and i would not repurchase this. i have many clogged pores on my forehead and it’s unsightly. i had overcome this problem using my old moisturiser and i am disheartened that it has resurfaced. as what others have said, this feels more like a primer rather than a moisturiser. the smooth application is a facade, i doubt there is any true moisturising in this product. the shine control is probably from the amount of silicones used in it. i have to say the packaging is great and looks extremely sleek for a drugstore product. scent is ok too, nothing too overpowering in my opinion. tldr, definitely not a hydrating product if you are looking for one. those with sensitive skin should be extra careful as well. proceed with caution.

on 5/10/2018 1:23:00 AM

I had crystal clear skin prior to buying this cursed product. I figured I'd give it a try, because it was around the same price as my usual moisturiser that I ran out of. I tried it on my hand at the store and it felt amazing. So I brought it home and put it on my skin, and it started to sting immediately. WITHIN A FEW HOURS I HAD RED PATCHES ALL OVER MY CHEEKS AS IF I WAS A BURN VICTIM!! Pimples also started to pop out all over my face, something that has never happened in MONTHS despite me being a teen. Folks, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR SKIN and move to a better moisturiser!!! NEVER AGAIN, NEUTROGENA! POISON FOR YOUR SKIN!

on 10/3/2017 12:50:00 AM

my HG moisturizer. i tried the night concentrate after my skin started peeling in the winter (even tho i had oily skin!) and it worked fantastic. this one is just as good but it in the summer. this is a good dupe for tarte's drink of h2o except this one is dirt cheap. will repurchase as a drugstore moisturizer.

This cream it is no for everyone. This is for oily face not for dry faces. Hope you understand

on 5/25/2017 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love this product it is amazing it saved my life. I have very oily skin with dry patches this helped me. I love it. it does not lake me beak out. It hydrates my skin.

on 3/26/2017 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

Pros:
- Relatively inexpensive
- Makes skin feel smooth
- Smells nice

Cons:
- Strong fragrance could be irritating to sensitive skin
- Caused breakouts
- Unhygienic packaging

on 2/23/2017 9:58:00 AM

I feel like the packaging is misleading. Looks like there is tons of product but there really isn't.
I would say it's only good if you have really oily skin or if it's hot where you live, otherwise it won't really work.
I had dried patches for weeks and no matter how much of this I applied it didn't moisturizer my skin at all.

When I first purchased this product I didn't have high hopes because of all the negative reviews that I saw for it, however I was amazed at how well this made my skin look and feel!

Let me just say that I have extremely sensitive, break out prone skin, that is normal/dry and I get oily around sides of my nose and chin. I also get scaly dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

I mainly used this moisturizer during the daytime because I use a heavier moisturizer at night. I would wash my face and then apply this before I would put makeup on. This creates like the perfect base for makeup, it felt so soothing and cold when first applied but absorbs into the skin quite quickly and leaves such a smooth silky feeling on my skin and allows my foundation to set on top without showing any of my dry patches. I absolutely love this moisturizer! I have since ran out of it and I'm not so sure if it would be moisturizing enough during these winter months where my skin is at its worst but during the sunmer/fall time it worked just perfectly!

on 10/14/2016 9:08:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this product over the past few months, as well as the night concentrate version. I've completely given up on this as it doesn't give me any lasting moisture to the skin. Yes, it feels amazing/silky, and it's not greasy in the slightest, but for anyone who has normal to dry skin, I really wouldn't suggest this. I put this on after using my face wash, and it feels great and cooling at first, but before long I'm feeling so dry my skin begins to itch, I'll have to try it again in the Summer months when I don't need as much moisture. I've been using the night concentrate for my daily cream to get more moisture, and a different night moisturiser. So here's the run down:

Pros:

-Not greasy
-Feels very cool on the skin, which would be great for hot days

Cons:

-No Pump
-Barely moisturises
-Pretty basic formula

Would I recommend this to anyone:
Perhaps someone looking for a little refresher to the skin, or has Oilier skin who doesn't need a rich moisturiser.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I bought the hydro boost nourishing gel cream, which is the sensitive skin version sold at Watsons. It is slightly thicker than the water gel and more opaque. It does what it says, my skin feels more locked in with moisture. The cream leaves a dewy finish, so I wouldn't recommend using this during the day if you have oily skin like me. My sensitive patches on my cheeks have not experienced any extra irritation from using this gel cream. However, for the price you only get 50mL, it is very expensive for a drugstore moisturizer! I would not repurchase simply because there are other moisturizers out there that can do the same function but are less expensive.