3.9

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

Thought I'd give this product a try as my usual MAC eye primer wasn't giving good results in this recent heatwave we're experiencing here in the UK. I was really happy with the results considering the difference in price between the two makes, and I'd considered this to be a budget brand. I tried it out on an unusually warm day where I live, temperatures reached 30 degrees and my face felt really sweaty most of the day, plus I was stuck in a bus for three hours with no air con. When I looked in the mirror that night, there was absolutely no crease whatsoever and my eyeshadow looked like I'd just applied it. Seriously impressed by this and I'd highly recommend it. I won't be reverting back to my usual primer after finding this one!

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

7 months ago

I don’t mind this product, and it does work well however I would not repurchase it. The black packaging is extremely durable and travel friendly. I typically don’t care for primers that come with a wand as opposed to a squeeze tube because of the wasteful plastic packaging. That being said the texture is light and the colour is translucent. It does not leave the eyelids feeling tacky, and it is not hard to blend over top of. I enjoy the products lack of scent and it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing even after 16 hour days. The reason I wouldn’t repurchase is I do not like the packaging. I also feel as though the product doesn’t grip shadow enough to enhance the pigmentation of the shadow. Lastly my eyeshadow fades throughout the day when I use this primer unfortunately. I believe it is an excellent budget option and while I wouldn’t repurchase religiously, I would in a pinch!

About reviewer (153 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

10 months ago

I love this primer. I love the applicator; I apply a dab on each lid and blend it up to my brow and it "disappears." It's almost like I can't even tell I have it on...then I set it with just a bit of flesh toned powder eyeshadow. My eyeshadow shows up very well, it doesn't crease and lasts all day. I have sensitive eyes and this doesn't irritate them at all. Also the price is excellent..it was $7 at my Meijer store and I got it Buy 1, get 1 half off. Yes, I will buy again.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Curly, Fine

a year ago

Saw it on a list of best eye shadow primers for oily lids, and I have to say i was not dissapointed! I am already on my 3rd tube and when I run out, i know i will get another. My lids are oily -but not terribly so- I normally dab it on and wait for it to at least get tacky before going to town with shadows, otherwise it tends to crease. I don't normally set it, since i find my shadows look richer in color when I don't, and blendability is still great. It truly is my HG eyeshadow primer, especially for such an inexpensive price.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

2.0

2 years ago

I had high hopes for this eye primer but it failed! My beef with this inexpensive guy is that by the end of the day, my eyeshadow is sitting in the crease. Not as bad as some, but I'd rather pay for my favorite, Urban Decay's eye primer, than lament my smudged eyeshadow every day.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

2 years ago

I bought this product a few weeks ago - just before I went on holiday to Italy (where it was pretty hot, so I could test it properly to see if it would smudge in this sweaty weather). It was €7,20 in a NYX store in Belgium - which is a fair price for this product I'd say. I've tried a few (budget) primers before (Essence, Catrice, HEMA and Artdeco) and none of those can do what this NYX primer can. I wore it on daily basis in Italy when I was wearing both eyeshadow and liner and my make-up did not smudge at all! Even though my skin got really quite sweaty, my eyeshadow didn't really crease and still looked really nice at the end of the day. Maybe it did fade a little - but no ugly smudging or creasing, so I'm happy. Not sure if the more expensive brands do even better - but compared to the ones I've tried; this one wins!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

2 years ago

I've never used an eye primer before because I found the whole concept kind of gimmicky, and I didn't think it could be any different than using concealer on my lids. I have seen the light of day after using this eye primer. This stuff is amazing and affordable! My eyeshadows glide over my lids and they blend so beautifully and easily. The colors don't crease or move around, and the lasting power is unbelievable! One night I fell asleep with my eye makeup on and the next morning I woke up looking like I had just applied my eyeshadow. I'm so impressed I've been telling all my friends to go get this stuff. Will definitely repurchase

About reviewer (82 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Fine

3.0

2 years ago

I have oily eye lids, which means some eye shadows and liners can fade away, but this is reasonably good at holding them in place. Trick is to apply liner/shadow once this primer is completely dry but can still feel a little tacky even when applying liner/shadow.

About reviewer (208 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

2 years ago

This is my go-to for making cheap eyeshadows stay in place longer. I like to apply a thin layer of this over the lid, then go over it with a powder shadow (Wet n Wild's single in Creme Brulee(?) is my go-to), and then do the rest of my shadow on top of it. It's not completely budge-proof, but it's close, and it definitely makes a huge difference in terms of keeping eyeshadow from just sliding right into my crease. Packaging - 2/5 because the white printing on my tube has come off (I think maybe I got something oily on it? Still shouldn't have happened). And I'm not a fan of the doefoot applicator, but I do like the form factor of the neat black cylindrical tube, so there's that at least.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

3.0

2 years ago

Its a decent primer....goes on nicely, but takes a long time to "dry". Once dry it lasts on my lids without it becoming too oily (I do not have very oily lids). Overall, even for the price, I wont buy it again....I prefer UD PP.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43