NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base
HD High Definition Eyeshadow BaseNYX eyeshadow base

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I realized this only works if you wear a ton of eyeshadow. If you use it just to keep your eyelids from being oily, and only use a layer of powder over it, it will crease within minutes.

on 11/14/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was never an eyeshadow person. My obsession was always with winged liner. However, I got into It recently and after playing around a bit and perfecting my technique (with the aid of old/secondhand eye shadows from others) I decided to buy my first palette - a neutral one for every day (Too Faced's natural matte, if you were curious).

Anyways, to cut the crap, I didn't feel like shelling out the 25 dollars for the urban decay primer potion. I'd read the reviews on here and decided to buy this base. I mean, I just shelled out a lot of money for this supposedly great quality, higher-end palette so it'd better be way more than decent even without a primer!

Turns out this stuff kicks ass. Obviously, I haven't tried any other primers so I can't compare this to anything. I wasn't worried about how much it would add to the pigmentation of the shadows as they are already great to begin with. What I was more concerned about was longevity, and boy did I get it: they didn't budge, crease or fade. I typically have my makeup on for twelve hours or more every day (I'm always too lazy to take it off until bed) and my eyeshadow always looks like I've just applied it, without exaggeration. I've even gotten comments about how well my shadow lasts at the end of the day. I don't know how good this is with cheaper shadows that will require that extra 'lift' unfortunately.

I don't know how good UDPP or TFSI are and neither do I care - this thing exceeded my expectations and it's only a third of the price of these two! I would definitely recommend and will always repurchase!

on 9/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I haven't tried many eyeshadow primers, but I like this one. It's not spectacular, but I think it does increase the longevity of my eyeshadow and I'll definitely consider buying it again when I run out.

on 8/31/2016 8:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best primer I have used. Well, it's on an even par with Urban Decay (gasp!).

I put a few dots on my eyelid and sweep over the lid with a concealer brush. I finish with a loose powder and I've created a base that lasts all day.

To compare between this and Urban Decay:
Texture - NYX is thick and doesn't blend as well as the UD, which is much lighter. The NYX gunks up my concealer brush and I have to wash it quite often.
Price - Here's no contest; the NYX is half the price of the UD.
Longevity - both last all day. The UD only comes out in special occasions though!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

The packaging reminds me a little of NYX's soft matte lip creams - only in the color black. It has a doe-foot applicator and the product it picks up is quite creamy. It feels light on the lids and does help bring out the color of your eyeshadows, in addition to helping them stay longer in your lids. The price is quite affordable as well, and I'm not planning on splurging my cash for any other eyeshadow primer.

on 7/11/2016 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a good primer for the price, I think this was $6. I've had this for literally years and still haven't run out. This is a creamy beige color that blends in well. No weird smell or anything. With this primer less is more. If you put too much your shadow will crease. This holds my shadow together for 7 to 8 hours, then it will crease. Packaging is simple and cute but I wish it were in a tube where I could get all the product. Solid primer but I feel like there has to be better out there so I put no for repurchasing. I am currently testing out Milani's primer. It's in a gray tube, I forgot what it's called. I will post a review on that page when I've come to a decision.

on 6/16/2016 11:41:00 PM

I have been using this since i first started using makeup and i absolutely swear by it. You don't get a crease at all in your eye shadow. I've slept with my makeup on countless times (dont kill me) and wake up and could leave the house, again, with the same face of makeup on and you would never know it was from the day before. Perfection.

If you're looking for a cheaper dupe of the Too Faced 24 Hour Shadow Insurance, this is it. Trust me.

* Of course, the Too Faced 24 Hour Shadow Insurance is like, a smidge better, but for about $8? Come on, you cant beat it.

on 6/11/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's ok. However, it doesn't work well for my dry eyelids! If you have flaky skin: don't buy it! It doesn't help, but actually makes it worse! If you don't have flaky skin, then it might work well for you though.

on 5/30/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only eye primer I've used so far, so I have nothing to compare it to. I love it and have repurchased it.
I have oily eyelids and have a lot of problems with creasing eyeshadow. So I bought it to prevent eyeshadow from creasing and that's exactly what it does, now I use it also under the eyes to prevent concealer from creasing.
To test it I used it on one eyelid and not on the other one. The side where I didn't use it had eyeshadow creasing and the side were used it the eyeshadow didn't crease. So that made me love it. Now I can wear cream eyeshadow that was imposible for me to wear before.
I apply a tiny coat, blend it, wait for it to dry and blend it again before I put any other product on. That way I have crease-free eyeshadow and concealer.
This is a winner for me, it's affordable and I don't want to be without it.

on 5/17/2016 10:10:00 PM

I didn't feel like shelling out $24 for UDPP so I have been using this. It works pretty well but I think I'll be going back to UDPP after this.