NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base
HD High Definition Eyeshadow BaseNYX eyeshadow base

3.9

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

Its a decent primer....goes on nicely, but takes a long time to "dry". Once dry it lasts on my lids without it becoming too oily (I do not have very oily lids). Overall, even for the price, I wont buy it again....I prefer UD PP.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been on the hunt recently for a good eye primer lately for my hooded eyes and this is sadly not the one. I like this for the coverage but any product in my crease is seriously faded by the 6 hour mark. I really like the UD PP but the original doesn't cancel out much of my veiny eyelids. This one does at least that but doesn't help the eyeshadow last any longer for me.

on 3/21/2017 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This didn't work on my oily lids. I think I got around three hours of uninterrupted shadow time.
By noon, which is approximately after 6 hours of wear, my eye shadow had pretty much melted away.
If your skin isn't too oily (mine is very oily) this might be the product for you, but for people with oily lids, pass on this.

on 1/1/2017 2:50:00 PM

I have been using Urban Decay's Shadow Primer for years and I love it, but had read about NYX's version. It's much cheaper than UD which admittedly was my primary motivator for buying it. For me it works just as well as UD. My big criticism of NYX (hence the loss of one lippie) is the wand applicator. I prefer the tube / squeeze out the amount you need option of UD. UD also goes on with a slight pearly sheen to it while NYX is white. I do have oily eyelids and often I will just swipe on some UD on my lids with no eyeshadow and it just evened out the tone. With NYX it would be too white to do that.

Bottom line: I'd buy it again.

on 5/8/2017 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The primer really doesn't suit oily eyelids. It creased all day even with a little powder on top of the eyeshadow.

on 12/27/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have oily eyelids. I applied this primer and it never dried. Still I put on the eyeshadows and they creased with a blink.

I do not know if it was a bad tube or it was not right for my skin. I just threw it away anyway because it has parabens and I discovered I am allergic to them.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great primer that works good and is reasonably priced. The formula is liquid-y and blends in quickly, and no fragrance either (something that is hit or miss with the brand). I get better performance out of a different primer, but still keep this around for when I do a natural look with just an all over light shade when a little creasing is ok.

on 9/13/2016 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I haven't tried many eyeshadow primers, but I like this one. It's not spectacular, but I think it does increase the longevity of my eyeshadow and I'll definitely consider buying it again when I run out.

on 8/31/2016 8:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is the best primer I have used. Well, it's on an even par with Urban Decay (gasp!).

I put a few dots on my eyelid and sweep over the lid with a concealer brush. I finish with a loose powder and I've created a base that lasts all day.

To compare between this and Urban Decay:
Texture - NYX is thick and doesn't blend as well as the UD, which is much lighter. The NYX gunks up my concealer brush and I have to wash it quite often.
Price - Here's no contest; the NYX is half the price of the UD.
Longevity - both last all day. The UD only comes out in special occasions though!!

on 11/14/2016 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was never an eyeshadow person. My obsession was always with winged liner. However, I got into It recently and after playing around a bit and perfecting my technique (with the aid of old/secondhand eye shadows from others) I decided to buy my first palette - a neutral one for every day (Too Faced's natural matte, if you were curious).

Anyways, to cut the crap, I didn't feel like shelling out the 25 dollars for the urban decay primer potion. I'd read the reviews on here and decided to buy this base. I mean, I just shelled out a lot of money for this supposedly great quality, higher-end palette so it'd better be way more than decent even without a primer!

Turns out this stuff kicks ass. Obviously, I haven't tried any other primers so I can't compare this to anything. I wasn't worried about how much it would add to the pigmentation of the shadows as they are already great to begin with. What I was more concerned about was longevity, and boy did I get it: they didn't budge, crease or fade. I typically have my makeup on for twelve hours or more every day (I'm always too lazy to take it off until bed) and my eyeshadow always looks like I've just applied it, without exaggeration. I've even gotten comments about how well my shadow lasts at the end of the day. I don't know how good this is with cheaper shadows that will require that extra 'lift' unfortunately.

I don't know how good UDPP or TFSI are and neither do I care - this thing exceeded my expectations and it's only a third of the price of these two! I would definitely recommend and will always repurchase!