NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

NYX HD High Definition Eyeshadow Base

Isododecane, Talc, Beeswax, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenoxyethanol/Methylparaben, Ethylparaben/Butylparaben, Propylparaben/Isobutylparaben, Colorant, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491).

on 7/11/2016 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a good primer for the price, I think this was $6. I've had this for literally years and still haven't run out. This is a creamy beige color that blends in well. No weird smell or anything. With this primer less is more. If you put too much your shadow will crease. This holds my shadow together for 7 to 8 hours, then it will crease. Packaging is simple and cute but I wish it were in a tube where I could get all the product. Solid primer but I feel like there has to be better out there so I put no for repurchasing. I am currently testing out Milani's primer. It's in a gray tube, I forgot what it's called. I will post a review on that page when I've come to a decision.

on 6/16/2016 11:41:00 PM

I have been using this since i first started using makeup and i absolutely swear by it. You don't get a crease at all in your eye shadow. I've slept with my makeup on countless times (dont kill me) and wake up and could leave the house, again, with the same face of makeup on and you would never know it was from the day before. Perfection.

If you're looking for a cheaper dupe of the Too Faced 24 Hour Shadow Insurance, this is it. Trust me.

* Of course, the Too Faced 24 Hour Shadow Insurance is like, a smidge better, but for about $8? Come on, you cant beat it.

To Read all 179 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/11/2016 4:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

It's ok. However, it doesn't work well for my dry eyelids! If you have flaky skin: don't buy it! It doesn't help, but actually makes it worse! If you don't have flaky skin, then it might work well for you though.

on 5/30/2016 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the only eye primer I've used so far, so I have nothing to compare it to. I love it and have repurchased it.
I have oily eyelids and have a lot of problems with creasing eyeshadow. So I bought it to prevent eyeshadow from creasing and that's exactly what it does, now I use it also under the eyes to prevent concealer from creasing.
To test it I used it on one eyelid and not on the other one. The side where I didn't use it had eyeshadow creasing and the side were used it the eyeshadow didn't crease. So that made me love it. Now I can wear cream eyeshadow that was imposible for me to wear before.
I apply a tiny coat, blend it, wait for it to dry and blend it again before I put any other product on. That way I have crease-free eyeshadow and concealer.
This is a winner for me, it's affordable and I don't want to be without it.

on 5/17/2016 10:10:00 PM

I didn't feel like shelling out $24 for UDPP so I have been using this. It works pretty well but I think I'll be going back to UDPP after this.

on 5/16/2016 7:37:00 AM

Hands down this is the best primer !
I have put it on at 6:30 am and it lasts until 6:30 the next morning !
Cheap - fantastic- product .
I have tried super expensive ex/ Chanel Laura mercier erc.
I have all ready repurchased it !

It doesn't make any difference to my eyeshadow. My eyeliner and shadow still crease. I also find the formula on the oily side which is likely the cause of the creasing. Maybe dry skin people will have better luck. Not a re-buy for me and a toss out. I think it's worth shelling out a bit more with Nars or UD because these primers will make any drug store shadow look more vibrant, stay in place and not crease!

on 5/13/2016 2:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this because the Wet n Wild Fergie eye primer that I adore was discontinued, and they aren't yet stocking the replacement product from WnW in the Netherlands. Sadly, the NYX primer just isn't working out for me and my extremely oily eyelids.

The primer takes forever to set, which I've found I can counteract by applying very early on in my makeup routine. Still, it's a bit of a nuisance. The consistency is much softer than the WnW. It has a lot of slip to it, which makes application easier and less patchy, but doesn't seem to stand up to the copious amounts of oil my lids produce.

I don't particularly care for the wand applicator. It probably is hygienic, but I don't care for direct application of any product with a wand to my eyes. To each his/her own.

Within about one to three hours I notice some light creasing. Within four to five hours I experience complete eye shadow meltdown, complete with creasing, smudging, and general muddiness. I'm not a person who does makeup touchups during the day because my work environment is incredibly hectic. Because I can't even get through a day of work with this, I'm really displeased.

I would definitely recommend this to someone with drier eyelids who is trying to even out patchiness in application that can be caused by dry skin. Average skin types might like this as well, but oilier eyelids are going to suffer. Zero staying power, might as well not even use a primer. I absolutely will not be repurchasing and hope that the revamped WnW primer becomes available soon in my region. Until then, it might just be no eye shadow for me! Better no eye shadow than the primer, that's how bad it was.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Hated this primer. It's greasy and it actually creases on me before I've even put my eyeshadow on. I can make it work if I cake my lid in powder before applying my eyeshadow, but it still applies a bit patchy and only lasts around 4 hours.

on 5/1/2016 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Works great!
Make sure you blend it before it dries though because sometimes it can dry up in my crease before it's all sets (ironic haha)