Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Foundation Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Foundation Brush

3.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

This was my first real techniques brush, and I was really disappointed. The bristles aren't soft and they feel really synthetic. I would rather use a stipple brush or a sponge.

on 12/12/2015 7:12:00 PM

I was very disappointed with this brush, to say it's meant to be a foundation brush, I think it's rubbish for applying foundation. It just made the foundation look very patchy and left lines and basically just smeared the foundation on my face, not blending it at all. I do occasionally use it to dab a small amount of concealer and it isn't too bad for that job but for applying concealer I think it doesn't do a good job at all and is definitely not a flattering look at all:)

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/12/2015 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Really liked this foundation brush, great price too. Made my face look flawless and distributes product evenly. HG.

on 5/6/2015 2:03:00 PM

I use this brush every day for my foundation. For the price, it has done a good job. It is soft and dense, and does not leave too many streaks when I apply my foundation.

I spray it every day with an alcohol/water solution, and shampoo it regularly with hand soap. I am quite rough with it during cleaning, but it has held up very nicely. Even though I am not careful to keep the water from soaking the adhesive at the base of the bristles, it has not lost any volume.

I love this brush, I find the shapes helps the glide over the contours of my face, I alternate between this and the BBlender.

You can find it at Harmon Discount, and use your BBBeyond coupon and save some money

on 2/15/2015 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm so disappointed with this brush. I know it's meant to be used as a foundation brush, but after reading the reviews here, I bought it for contouring. It's so dense that it picks up waaaay too much product, even when you try to be really careful. I look like I have rubbed dirt on my face where I tried to apply my contour powder this morning. I've buffed and buffed and I can't seem to get rid of it. I'll try it again tomorrow, but if I can't make it work I might just give it away.

EDIT: I've since used it for liquid foundation/tinted moisturiser. Meh, nothing special. I pack it in my bag for when I am getting ready after the gym, because I don't want to lose/damage my stippling brush.

on 10/19/2014 5:19:00 PM

As a foundation brush it was a major disappointment. I tried a few times with different products and it was just not worth the hassle. I can achieve better effects just by using my fingers. It was just spreading foundation on my face, it did not blend it, it did not look flawless - it was just meh.
For a while it was just left unused until I decided to use it for something else. It is actualy a decent contouring brush!
I have been using it as such for a while abd I am pleased. I use it with powder products.

A little disclaimer - my favourite products to apply liquid foubdation are miracle complexion sponge, stippling brush or flat top brush. I recently ditched all liquid foundation and switched to BB creams and I find applying these with my fingers works best.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I am not a fan of this product at all. I have found that when I use it to apply liquid foundation, it leaves lines in the foundation once it is on my skin. It is moderately soft but I would prefer it to be a bit more fluffy and softer.
I now use a powder brush to apply liquid foundation and I have found that that works so much better.

Overall, I would not recommend this product.

I really like this brush. At only $7.99 at my local Ulta it was a steal. The lady at Ulta recommended it and said that if I didn't like it after a couple of days I could also return it. So I jumped at it and I'm so glad I did. It has very soft bristles. The little angle is a plus. It applies my Skin79 Snail Nutrition B.B. Cream perfectly. No streaks at all so far. It gives me a fantastic finish. As with all of my foundation brushes it still needs cleaning every day, but I guess that's all foundation brushes. I highly recommend getting this brush from your local Ulta and giving it a try.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Price wise it's alright for a brush, and the packaging is pretty good. I really like the idea of your brush being able to stand so it won't be touching dirty surfaces. The bristles feel really good and smooth.

However, the brush leaves my face looking streaky. When I look at my face closely in the mirror, I can see my liquid foundation covering my skin in lines. Also, I find that the product sticks to the bristles, so if I use a makeup cleansing wipe on the bristles there is still a lot of residual foundation.

Overall, while I love the blush brush and think it's one of the best brushes every, this was not for me and I wouldn't be repurchasing it.

Popular Makeup Brushes