no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

At first glance this lipstick shade was not appealing to this PPP. It looks very dark and murky in the tube and had I not swatched it I may have passed this one over. On my lips the color is a dark, sophisticated plum with a slight mauve/browny/silver sheen to it. Not quite as rosy as MAC Odyssey, but along the same lines. This is not as sheer as the other Rouge Coco Shine lipsticks, so the color actually shows up on my lips. I like this lipstick formula a lot. It provides the moisture and shine of a lip balm, but the color payoff of a semi-sheer lipstick. I love this particular color and despite the deep tone, I never look overdone.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

from

9 years ago

Agreed pretty much on everything with the reviewer below. It is a very pretty sheer plum, lasting a little less time than a regular lipstick. Reminds me of some more pigmented glosses. Feels silky and luxurious. But I would not purchase again. I wanted to try a Coco Shine and it's very nice but not worth $32 plus tax, IMO

About reviewer (212 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

9 years ago

Shade: Medium soft shimmery plum-brown, sheer. Consistency: Shiny soft feel, comfortable on lips, non sticky. Overall: Looks polished on my pigmented lips, the shimmer is very elegant. I need to reapply this frequently but that comes with the sheer, soft formula, Packaging: Sleek black metal tube, Chanel logo on tube cap. Retails for $32.

About reviewer (570 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

9 years ago

I love the Rouge Coco Shine formula, it's exactly like a liquid lipstick, very moisturizing, not at all sheer on me (I also own Romance and it's almost opaque too), and shimmering without being glittery. Cavaliere is a shimmery mauvey plum on me (it's in the same color family as Hydrabase Wild Tulip, Rouge Coco Sycomore etc). I cannot detect any brown. When applied on my hand it seems sheer, but on my lips it looks exactly like regular lipstick (my lips are not pigmented). I consider it to be a rather dark color, for fall/winter (I pair it with Chanel Enigma eyeshadow palette). Also, I find that the lasting power is the same as any other lipstick.

About reviewer (143 reviews)

Age