Smashbox Full Exposure

Smashbox Full Exposure

3.4

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 9/9/2017 10:40:00 PM

This mascara is nice, but it's not HG. And for the price tag, it needs to be HG. Nice black color, lots of added length but there needs to be more volume IMO.

It doesn't flake or smudge at all. This is a fully decent high-end mascara. But I like mascaras that make my lashes look plush and ridiculously dramatic. Jordana's Best Lash, UD Perversion, LM Full Blown Volume, Guerlain Maxi Lash. Mascaras like that.

If you're not looking for crazy volume and drama this might be the mascara for you. But I wouldn't buy it again.

on 7/14/2017 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is by far the best mascara I've used in a very long time! Love it. Yes, it has a big brush. So? It gives me long, thick, black lashes every single time. No clumps, no blops. I like that it is washable, yet doesn't smear. The price isn't too bad either! Highly recommend!!😊

on 6/8/2017 2:55:00 PM

If you like oversized brushes, this is for you. That is not me. I prefer long but super skinny microbrushes like Innisfree. They take a minute to get used to but then reliably coat every lash with just as much as I want. This one puts on a lot of mascara quickly. So it's nicely black and slightly lengthening but I have to blot off clots and flakes every time I use it and comb my lashes after it dries. This takes too much time for me. If you like the clumpy look, which some girls do, this would be good for you. But I go for a very natural look, with each lash separated and evenly coated. It takes too much time to get that look with this mascara, even after using it for a month.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I really like this mascara! Yes the brush is huge But that's what I like about it, for me the bigger the brush the bigger the lashes! I make sure to start at the bottom from the inside of my lashes and move the brush gently side to side as I swipe up and voila! beautiful voluminous natural looking lashes. The product isn't too dry or wet and it seems to stay on all day for me (even when I had my eyebrows threaded and had to push down my eyelid)
I understand that everyone is different and for me this mascara is a big 2 thumbs up! It delivers what it promises and the price isn't too bad at $31 for a full sized mascara. I purchased a travel size (4g) By Terry Mascara for $26! And it did not do half as much as what the Full Exposure mascara does. I actually swapped the Terry Mascara for this and I'm so happy I did!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would say this mascara is average. It's good for everyday use. It lengthens and doesn't clump. But I prefer a mascara with a little more oomph. My search continues......

on 2/10/2017 4:24:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It doesn't give you much volume but it does lengthen and separate your lashes. No smudging or flaking either.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I received a deluxe sample of this mascara either through Birchbox or Ipsy and have been using it for about 2 months straight. The only disclaimer I'll put on this review is that I wear all non-waterproof mascaras over a waterproof mascara because I have Asian lashes that are short, straight, and point down. My process for any mascara is to put a light layer of a waterproof mascara (usually Maybelline Lash Sensational WP or Maybelline the Falsies WP) and then build up another mascara on top. That way, I can still hold a curl, and see the effects of all the mascara samples that I have accumulated.

Using that process with the Smashbox Full Exposure process works splendidly, which is more than I can say for the mascara itself. It isn't the worst mascara I've ever tried. It is volumizing, it doesn't get too clumpy...and that's about it. The wand is impossibly large for me to actually put on mascara without getting something on my lid, and I do notice a little bit of smudging at the end of the day. It's not terrible, but definitely noticeable. I think this would be a good mascara for someone who already has long and full lashes, because the wand didn't "catch" onto my sparse lashes very easily, so I had to use the product built up at the tip to apply the product, and then brush it out with the wand. While the end results were decent - I had mild length, and much more volume, it was a little too much work just to put on a mascara for me.

Overall, would not purchase a full size. This would be a good mascara if you have long and moderately full lashes, but it's more trouble than it's work if you have short and stubby lashes like mine.

on 12/28/2016 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this and it has to be the worst mascara ever. All it does is clump up, make my eyelashes look shorter, and basically is just a terrible mascara. I tried and tried different techniques(removing some formula on the bottle, applying only little, applying a lot,etc), and it's just not going to happen. Basically the worse mascara ever.

on 11/12/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure what this mascara even does. I think it's one of the worst mascaras I have tried, along with Maybelline Great Lash. Doesn't really lengthen much. Definately doesn't volumize or curl. The color is black though. Not worth the $$

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't even mind the formula of this mascara. It's actually pretty decent. The problem is that the brush is so damn big that it's almost impossible to get on my lashes! Very poorly thought out. I have a couple trials of this sitting around and I bought a full size tube when they were on sale for $10 at Ulta on back Friday. I have no idea how I am going to use it without stabbing myself in the eye or ruining my eyeshadow. I have gotten it to work a few times but it's too labor intensive due to the brush. I always find myself passing over it to get to my Tarte mascara.

The Full Exposure Palette was a huge disappointment for me too. I love Smashbox, but I guess I should leave anything with the words "Full Exposure" alone. 😏