Smashbox Full Exposure

Smashbox Full Exposure

3.4

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 6/8/2017 2:55:00 PM

If you like oversized brushes, this is for you. That is not me. I prefer long but super skinny microbrushes like Innisfree. They take a minute to get used to but then reliably coat every lash with just as much as I want. This one puts on a lot of mascara quickly. So it's nicely black and slightly lengthening but I have to blot off clots and flakes every time I use it and comb my lashes after it dries. This takes too much time for me. If you like the clumpy look, which some girls do, this would be good for you. But I go for a very natural look, with each lash separated and evenly coated. It takes too much time to get that look with this mascara, even after using it for a month.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I would say this mascara is average. It's good for everyday use. It lengthens and doesn't clump. But I prefer a mascara with a little more oomph. My search continues......

on 2/10/2017 4:24:00 PM

I really like this mascara. It doesn't give you much volume but it does lengthen and separate your lashes. No smudging or flaking either.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I received a deluxe sample of this mascara either through Birchbox or Ipsy and have been using it for about 2 months straight. The only disclaimer I'll put on this review is that I wear all non-waterproof mascaras over a waterproof mascara because I have Asian lashes that are short, straight, and point down. My process for any mascara is to put a light layer of a waterproof mascara (usually Maybelline Lash Sensational WP or Maybelline the Falsies WP) and then build up another mascara on top. That way, I can still hold a curl, and see the effects of all the mascara samples that I have accumulated.

Using that process with the Smashbox Full Exposure process works splendidly, which is more than I can say for the mascara itself. It isn't the worst mascara I've ever tried. It is volumizing, it doesn't get too clumpy...and that's about it. The wand is impossibly large for me to actually put on mascara without getting something on my lid, and I do notice a little bit of smudging at the end of the day. It's not terrible, but definitely noticeable. I think this would be a good mascara for someone who already has long and full lashes, because the wand didn't "catch" onto my sparse lashes very easily, so I had to use the product built up at the tip to apply the product, and then brush it out with the wand. While the end results were decent - I had mild length, and much more volume, it was a little too much work just to put on a mascara for me.

Overall, would not purchase a full size. This would be a good mascara if you have long and moderately full lashes, but it's more trouble than it's work if you have short and stubby lashes like mine.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I don't even mind the formula of this mascara. It's actually pretty decent. The problem is that the brush is so damn big that it's almost impossible to get on my lashes! Very poorly thought out. I have a couple trials of this sitting around and I bought a full size tube when they were on sale for $10 at Ulta on back Friday. I have no idea how I am going to use it without stabbing myself in the eye or ruining my eyeshadow. I have gotten it to work a few times but it's too labor intensive due to the brush. I always find myself passing over it to get to my Tarte mascara.

The Full Exposure Palette was a huge disappointment for me too. I love Smashbox, but I guess I should leave anything with the words "Full Exposure" alone. 😏

on 12/28/2016 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this and it has to be the worst mascara ever. All it does is clump up, make my eyelashes look shorter, and basically is just a terrible mascara. I tried and tried different techniques(removing some formula on the bottle, applying only little, applying a lot,etc), and it's just not going to happen. Basically the worse mascara ever.

on 11/12/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure what this mascara even does. I think it's one of the worst mascaras I have tried, along with Maybelline Great Lash. Doesn't really lengthen much. Definately doesn't volumize or curl. The color is black though. Not worth the $$

on 11/9/2016 9:18:00 AM

I received the Smashbox mascara in Full Exposure in Jet Black as a sample from Sephora. I have tried the mascara a few times and I am just going to give up at this point. Life is to short to try to force mascara to work.

I have rather watery eyes that are easily irritated because I am always sneezing due to allergies. I find this mascara smudges and ends up a water mess, especially at the outer corner of the eyes. I don't like the wand which is just a generic, large spoolie. The formulation is the kind that smells and you will know what I mean if you have eyes that are easily irritated. The formulation also found that the combination of the formulation and the brush made it hard to to fully coat my lashes which are quite long but get lighter near the ends.

I don't suggest this mascara for people who have issues with reactions to formulations. I don't recommend this to people who have long lashes and I don't think this would work for shorter lashes, as this was murder on my bottom lashes which are short. PASS - drugstore options are better!

Got this for free for their birthday program so I can't really complain but I would never buy this mascara. Does nothing for me. Doesn't thicken, barely lengthens and the wand is too big. Drugstore brands do a better job than this

on 8/27/2016 9:14:00 PM

I got a sample size through birch box and I was really excited. I don't know if it's because I have travel but I see a reoccurring problem.

The mascara itself is actually pretty nice and all. The formula is good and didn't dry out. It wasn't goopy. That wasn't a problem.

The problem was the wand. Why is it so big? The wand made it messy and not easy to apply. It was clumpy and had zero definition.