Smashbox Full Exposure

Smashbox Full Exposure

3.4

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 11/12/2016 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Not sure what this mascara even does. I think it's one of the worst mascaras I have tried, along with Maybelline Great Lash. Doesn't really lengthen much. Definately doesn't volumize or curl. The color is black though. Not worth the $$

on 11/9/2016 9:18:00 AM

I received the Smashbox mascara in Full Exposure in Jet Black as a sample from Sephora. I have tried the mascara a few times and I am just going to give up at this point. Life is to short to try to force mascara to work.

I have rather watery eyes that are easily irritated because I am always sneezing due to allergies. I find this mascara smudges and ends up a water mess, especially at the outer corner of the eyes. I don't like the wand which is just a generic, large spoolie. The formulation is the kind that smells and you will know what I mean if you have eyes that are easily irritated. The formulation also found that the combination of the formulation and the brush made it hard to to fully coat my lashes which are quite long but get lighter near the ends.

I don't suggest this mascara for people who have issues with reactions to formulations. I don't recommend this to people who have long lashes and I don't think this would work for shorter lashes, as this was murder on my bottom lashes which are short. PASS - drugstore options are better!

To Read all 178 Reviews, Login or Join

Got this for free for their birthday program so I can't really complain but I would never buy this mascara. Does nothing for me. Doesn't thicken, barely lengthens and the wand is too big. Drugstore brands do a better job than this

on 8/27/2016 9:14:00 PM

I got a sample size through birch box and I was really excited. I don't know if it's because I have travel but I see a reoccurring problem.

The mascara itself is actually pretty nice and all. The formula is good and didn't dry out. It wasn't goopy. That wasn't a problem.

The problem was the wand. Why is it so big? The wand made it messy and not easy to apply. It was clumpy and had zero definition.

on 8/9/2016 7:07:00 PM

The name "Full Exposure" with the big red X shape seems like it would give your lashes a lot of volume. This was rather disappointing to me. This did not look like I was really wearing mascara. It appeared more natural which is good if you prefer natural lashes.

Got a sample of this through Ipsy. I am REALLY enjoying this mascara. I apply this one first and then a lengthening mascara 2nd and it looks great. Provides great fullness and decent length.

on 8/5/2016 9:39:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This review is for the waterproof version. My favourite mascara. Doesn't budge at all during day. Lengthens and volumizes. Can be tricky to remove but I have no problem using ponds cold cream.

on 7/24/2016 12:42:00 AM

This mascara achieves very good length and does a good job separating and spreading out my lashes (no clumping). My one complaint is that it does not thicken my lashes as much as I'd like it to.

I got this mascara in Ipsy and I like it a lot but HOLY COW it is expensive. I am using this daily and when it runs out I probably will be a little upset but I will not be repurchasing because of two reasons. Reason 1 is because it is too expensive and Reason 2 is the brush is so large the bristles go straight through my lashes and get all over my eyelid. I find myself switching my routine and putting mascara on before eyeshadow when normally I do it the other way around. It is very nice though it is quite natural which is the type of look I look forward to in mascara and any other makeup product. I wouldn't repurchase but if I were to get it as a gift or as a sample again I would most definitely use it daily once again.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really liked this. It's the right shade of black. It's a wet formula, but keeps a curl and won't weigh lashes down. It separates, defines, volumes and lengthens in a natural looking way (perfect for a daytime look). You won't get spidery lashes, clumps, and any crunchyness. It builds nicely but looks best with a few coats. It won't flake, but does smudge under my eyes just a when it's really hot out (not a deal breaker for me, but definitely brings it down a star).