Ecotools Recycled Retractable Foundation Brush

Recycled Retractable Foundation BrushRecycled Retractable Foundation Brush

3.5

on 2/2/2016 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing! I love this brush! I've been using it for about 5 years (not daily) and it hasn't lost a single bristle. PERFECT for travel. Mine doesn't have the pointy tip that the brushes in the photo have, but it's very dense and gives me a flawless, airbrushed finish. I prefer it to flat foundation brushes, as it gives a more natural finish. I just dab several dots of foundation onto my face and buff them in with a circular motion to get the perfect finish! The retractable case works easily. Ecotools brushes are the best - cruelty free & inexpensive!

It's great with bareMinerals bareskin pure brightening serum foundation.

on 10/21/2015 2:42:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm generally a fan of Ecotools' soft bristles and sturdy construction but this one was a bust. Maybe the one I received was broken, but I couldn't get the lid to stay on it securely, and I also found the handle to be uncomfortable for use. (This last might not be a dealbreaker if you're specifically buying it for travel or purse use, but I just wanted a soft foundation brush.)

on 10/9/2014 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I like that it is so small and perfect for travel.
It takes a bit longer to wash, so what I suggest is to fill a cup with warm water and dishwasher soap. Rub the brush in circular motions, under the warm water so that the makeup that's deep inside will slide off. It gives you a flawless finish and it makes medium coverage foundation look like full coverage foundation, mainly because you end up using more foudnation without knowing, becuase the foundation (depending on the texture) will sink to the center of the brush, but anyway it I still good. It was my first foundation brush, not my favorite but still handy for travel and for when my other brushes are dirty.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I despise this product as a foundation brush. I don't like flat foundation brushes and this is too dense to use for foundation It is really good, however, as a concealer brush or a highlighting brush. It gives heavy coverage so you will have to go back in with your fingers and blend the product in a bit but it ensures that your concealer doesn't melt away. It is not a fluffy, soft brush though, because it is so dense. And the retractable case can be a little bit finicky.

I love this brush. It's amazing. All of the EcoTools products I've tried have gotten an A+. The brushes clean up great and don't age too quickly.

on 4/10/2014 8:59:00 PM

I love this retractable foundation brush. It's perfect for travel, and the pointed tip fits into cream foundation sticks. I've got broken blood vessels around my nose; this is the only foundation brush I have that will cover them up. The application around my nose is flawless. It also works great for applying concealer around your eyes, applying foundation on the sides of your face near your eyebrows, and in any hard to reach areas.

on 6/18/2013 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

i really liked this brush...until i realized that it was eating up most of my foundation! it took me a ridiculous amount of time to apply my foundation with this.i switched to the elf powder brush..IT'S A TON BETTER! with the elf brush..the foundation actually goes on my face instead of being absorbed by the brush...which saves me product and time.

on 3/14/2013 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Ok, so let me first say that when I first bought this brush, I LOVED it. However, recently my skin has gone from being normal to being dry and I've been having a hard time controlling my acne. I liked using this to apply my foundation... especially if I was away or rushing to work or school (I would apply foundation quickly in my car).

Now that I've had it for a quite, I realized that I just like this brush. It's very dense (good at applying)... however it's too dense (not so good for blending). I like that it is tapered because it gets to the corners of the nose really well. I did find that I like this a lot more for contouring. It applies great!

I do believe I am going to purchase the Ecotools retractable kabuki brush. I think that's probably more of what I'm looking for in a travel brush.

on 2/7/2013 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I bought this to use it as it was designed, as a travel/ portable foundation brush. As much as I love Ecotools brushes in general, I was a bit disappointed with this. Yes, it is good for travel/ in your bag, but It simply is not a great foundation brush.
I find it less soft than my other Ecotools brushes (and I've got most of them), similar in feel to a regular flat foundation brush, rather than a bigger & rounder sort of buffing brush.
The effect is that of a flat foundation brush as well, as I have found the application a bit streaky and less perfect than I would like.
Lastly, it's an odd shape. The pointy tip is not small or tapered enough to get under your eyes or around your nostrils comfortably, rather I find the brush too big for that. At the same time because it has a point, it takes a lot longer to buff in foundation properly, as the surface of the brush is not big enough.
In conclusion, it's fine/ ok-ish/ it'll-have-to-do, for on the go/ travel, but if I didn't own it already, I would not go out and buy it. Sorry Ecotools!

on 6/10/2012 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE EcoTools brushes alwayss, I'm surprised to find a miss. Don't get me wrong, its just as a soft and richly dense as the others in this line. I just couldn't find a use for this one. I didn't buy this for use with foundation, as I already have ones I prefer for that. I bought it for its unique shape, that I have been looking for to contour with. I need a small, pointy brush that would fit right into my cheekbones to give a chiseled look for the summer. I found this brush to not be able to spread the color on evenly. I had to use more bronzer to get it to show on my skin and by then it was wayy to dark. Or I could dot bronzer with this, but then would need another brush to blend in. I thought of using this with concealer under my eyes instead, then got grossed out thinking of the liquidy/creamy chunks that would be left over in the bristles growing bacteria in a closed retractable container. For powders, a traditional fluffy wide kabuki is ideal & this would be awful for blush getting too much on small surface area. Hence, its use-less. Unless you prefer traditional paint brush like brushes, which leave streaks behind.

Popular Makeup Brushes