Tressa Watercolors Color Maintenance Shampoo in Liquid Copper

Tressa Watercolors Color Maintenance Shampoo in Liquid Copper

4.6

on 11/27/2016 11:12:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I love the Tressa Watercolors - have been using for about 6 years. It lathers nicely, doesn't stain the bathtub (once you apply to hair and lather up - and it helps to add a little extra shower water once you apply it - helps to evenly distribute this shampoo.

I leave it on for about 5 minutes, then rinse thoroughly, mostly with cool water, then apply a conditioner. My hair is auburn/coppery and I buy the molten bronze and a copper color - (don't recall the name) and sometimes mix the two.

It extends the color of your hair. Doesn't necessarily deposit any "rich" or "intense" color, but definitely livens up the color as you need, so you don't have to do root touch-ups so often.

You can use it every night or 2 to 3 times per week (or once a week but it won't maintain the color long that way). And the bottle lasts quite a long time when using 2 to 3 times/week, which I usually do as I get closer to needing a root touch-up.

It's so easy to work with and it keeps my hair kind of soft and silky which surprised me.
(and no, none of the coppery or bronze colors have been so obvious that they've changed my hair color. They just make it slightly more rich in color (by that I don't mean "dark").

LOVE IT!!

on 7/17/2014 7:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had bleached my hair a year ago, and I am still trying to grow out my bleached ends so I can cut them out of my life.

I bought this stuff so that I could stop using harsh dyes on my poor hair and let it heal faster. I actually was convinced by YouTube's The Bethanie Fae and Rachel Whitehurst (love her!!).

I bought mine on Amazon for like $13 (+$3.99 standard shipping).

It really brightens my hair and keeps my ends from look too different from the rest of my naturally ginger hair! I dilute in my regular sulfate free shampoo because I found using it straight makes my ends look a little pink until I wash it again. But that's not a deal-breaker to me since I figured out how to use it.

I recommend diluting it the first few times just to see how it reacts with your red before going HAM with it.

10/10 would repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I dyed my hair a color called "red fire", the best way I can describe it, is a red/orange color, think Mirida from the movie "brave" but with a red tone. I needed something to keep my color vibrant in between dyes, and boy did I find it! It refreshed my red like the 1st day I dyed it. Amazing product. I lather it up in my hair and let it sit in it for about 20/30 mins, then rinse and my red is vibrant with just the right amount of copper in it. This is a MUST if you have light red tone hair. I'm going to order a couple bottles of this, I just can't be without it.

on 11/17/2012 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the best color depositing shampoo I came across so far. Many of the red hair shampoos are designed for egglant or auburn tinted hair but this was different! As long as you massage it around your scalp for at least 1 -2 minutes it will brighten the copper tones in your hair. It also hides my roots and the effect is long lasting. It can stain so wash your hands carefully. I recommend this!

on 4/26/2011 2:07:00 PM

My original intent was to buy the Aveda Madder Root Shampoo, but since it only comes in a liter size for $35, I decided to look for something else. I found these Tressa Watercolors Shampoos online for $11.99 for 8.5 ounces, so I bought the Liquid Copper for myself and the Violet for my MIL. The Liquid Copper is bright orange/ red in color & it says it's for enchancing copper tones in light red hair. Mine is medium brown & henna'd & I bought it hoping to enchance the copper tones. The lather is very thick & rich and it smells perfumey (anyone remember Revlon Outrageous Shampoo? It's perfumey in that 1990s sort of way but I can't really smell it throughout the day). It does not tangle, but if I don't use conditioner it looks a little fly away and dry after blow drying. But with conditioner it looks good, and it does enchance the coppery highlights in my hair quite nicely. It does not come with a matching conditioner, so you are on your own for that. This shampoo comes in various shades so there is one for for most hair colors, including the violet for gray hair. Overall, I recommend it, just beware that it can be drying if you use it every day or if you don't use a good conditioner.

Popular Shampoos