MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost
Prep + Prime Highlighter Pen in Light Boost

3.8

It made me break out so I had to stop using it, however it's a good highlighting pen, the shade is great for people with NC20-30 skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this as an under eye brightener to use underneath concealer. This product is quite thick so I think it's designed to be used in place of a concealer (if used under eyes). The one disappointment if have is that I need to use an eye cream every time I use this in order to prevent it looking cakey. I've never had that issue with any other concealer/brightener under my eyes. I will continue to use this however I don't think I will repurchase as I was looking for something a little thinner in consistency and more reflective. I would recommend this for those looking to use this alone without a concealer on top and also as a highlighter for part of a contouring routine as it is actually described as a highlighter.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Easy to use pen applicator but knocking one lippie off for not knowing how much is left in the container. This is the perf Kim K highlighter, I am so over Ben Nye banana powder trying to scramble to find it online when MAC makes this easily ordered + free shipping. I am NC15-20 w yellow undertones & I had never tried this at the store but a very helpful phone operator helped me pick this out. It isn't too shimmery just glowy & lovely, my HG will def repurchase & $25 isn't too bad I guess but i am trying to conserve mine lol I draw it on my forehead, under eyes, & around lips. Perf w MAC MSF Lightscapade or MAC MSF Soft & Gentle. Also essential to the routine is MAC Strobe Cream.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Love Light boost. This product is only new in my collection and i plan on re purchasing already when I run out. Love the packaging and its very easy to use. The colour and texture of this product is amazing also, suits will with my nc35 skin tone. Is non drying and lasts all day with no creasing. If you are planing to purchase the Light boost highlighting pen I defiantly think you should do so. The only down side to this product is it is rarely in stock online.

Light Boost is a perfect pale yellowish brightening under-eye illuminator/highlighter pen which is great if you tend to have those dull skin days.

You can pop this right under the eye or around the mouth and forehead - this technique is great if you want to have that slight Kim K kind of brightening but not over the top.

I love the lightweight and blendable texture of this pen, it camouflages all the minor imperfections perfectly.

This highlighter has no shimmer or glimmer to it whatsoever.

If you want to read an in-depth review on this and other Prep+Prime Highlighers you can read this blog review below. Hope it helps deciding.

on 8/13/2015 3:53:00 AM

This being my first ever MAC product, i expected to see positive results. At first it was pretty good but then it started drying out my skin on the areas i applied it on, and for someone who hates shimmer and sparkles, discovering once i bought this product that it was shimmery, i was disappointed. I HATE SPARKLY MAKEUP! I wanted a more matte, natural finish, not be a resemblance to Edward Cullen. I've been using it still though for the past 8 months because i feel like i don't want to waste this $42 highlighter. I've reduced the areas i apply it to, so now i just put it long the bridge of my nose and one small line a few centimeters under my eyes (if i put it right under my eyes it creases). Would i buy this again? Hell no. Still on the hunt of a good matte highlighter though.

on 6/16/2015 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HG for me. Firstly this is not a concealer, it will not cover dark circles, it is a highlighter to reflect the light. This is how I use it, first I use mac Mineralize eye cream under eyes, then urban decay eye primer under (yes under) eyes, then spray of fix+, then orange corrector on the dark circles, then pro longwear concealer in NC20 under eyes in triangle (inner eye, nostril, outer eye), then foundation studio fix fluid in NC37, then this highlighter in same triangle, all blended with a damp beauty blender, then translucent powder immediately. Don't this way is creates a FLAWLESS under eye area, no darkness, light, bright and minimal creasing. Which all photographs beautifully. I'm on my 3rd and will definitely keep repurchasing.

on 5/26/2015 12:29:00 AM

It doesn't work for me :( I love the formula tho, but it does not highlight at all on my skin, maybe I didn't choose the right color, but for that price I think I'm not buying it again

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this but I didn't, I tried it on its own and it settled into my fine lines and looked dry and creepy, I tried it with a primer underneath and it didn't look as dry or settle as bad but I definitely didn't see the brightening effect I have read of and hoped for. Went right back.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really love this, I've been using it for a couple of months now and I would definitely repurchase,

it doesn't cover dark circles or anything which it's not supposed to do as it is a highlighter not really a concealer, so just beware if you're purchasing it for covering dark circles

But as a highlighter it really does brighten up my skin without it looking cakey so I would definitely recommend this product!