Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

4.4

on 5/12/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's okay when I brush it all over my face but I can feel that it is not that soft unlike most people say about it. Its bristle still scratches my face although this brush is quite big which is fit my big face :) But I just don't like the feeling when using it. Price is okay. If you have strong skin (not that sensitive) I think it's good for loose powder. Its shape is big enough to get all over the face only couple times. For me I have acne and my skin after laser treatment is more sensitive, so this brush is too hard for me. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect brush. The bristles are soft and the brush is so fluffy and great. it's got a good weight to it and a comfortable handle. Buy it. if you don't like it it's fine, it's like $13. but you will like it.

To Read all 133 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/24/2016 7:23:00 PM

*sigh* what a beautiful, big and fluffy brush. I always wanted one of these.. a really FAT brush that would cover my fat face :) Its soft (not crazy soft but still), packs on powder really well and allows you to cover yourself in powder without looking cakey.

Its just does the job. Simple as that.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I admit it, I'm kind of addicted to collecting RT brushes even if they are a bit out of my budget but these ARE splurgeworthy! I'm so going to buy some more different 1s when I get fundage! I'm on a low buy for now but I'm immensely enjoying this brush (& the RT orange beauty blender dupe; retractable bronzer brush & blush brush) I use this w loose powder like LM Translucent setting powder or Maybelline Fit Me Matte Poreless for a perfectly flawless airbrushed look then a setting spray so it doesn't look too powdery & artificial (I like NYX/wetnwild/ELF normally but I'd splurge for UD & I do have some MAC Fix+). Don't over powder urself. I myself only powder chin & nose. My face eats powder so it's a waste to powder entire thing I'm saving a lot of $ & I have to normally blot no matter what powder or powder brush by 2PM.

on 3/15/2016 12:32:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Another win for this brand! I use this brush to apply my setting powder and despite it's size, it's very effective. It's soft, fluffy, well made, easy to use, easy to clean, and the hairs do not shed.

The price point is excellent given the quality.

This brush retails for around £12.99 with is a good price for such a good product, I love all of the other Real Techniques brushes but I've only used this brush a hand full of times, I just find that the brush is just too big for my face, I tend to use the buffing brush to apply pressed powders instead.

on 2/20/2016 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like all other Real Techniques brushes I own, this is a great quality brush. Very well designed, soft bristles, picks up product well, washes really well.. Basically I only have good things to say about it except this: the size is rather ridiculous. Seriously, it just dwarfs my face! Especially lately I've been wanting to cut down on the amount of powder I slap on my face, and mostly make sure to set my t-zone, and frankly it's a little bit hard with a brush this size. But again, that's my only complaint about an otherwise great brush, and it won't make me stop using it anytime soon.

on 2/1/2016 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a decent enough brush. I find the bristles to be scratchy. It's more expensive than my beloved ELF Kabuki, but I was in a hurry for a new brush and the store was out of the brush I like. It only works for lightly dusting powder, will not give any coverage if you are having a bad skin day or if you have marks. My skin has been going nuts this week because shark week fast approaches, so I kind of need the coverage for the dark circles and splotchiness. Overall, the price and scratchiness are the reasons I would never buy this brush again.

on 1/26/2016 7:24:00 PM

I love the Real Technique brushes line! It's cheap and high quality, something you can't beat. The powder brush works well to set large areas on your face, it's easy and foolproof!

on 12/30/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this brush cos its so dense and fluffy. It picks up the right amount of product and application is very smooth.

Very easy to wash. I used brush cleaner and rinse with warm water before apply some conditioner and rinse again. The bristles become smoother and look new once dried.

Popular Makeup Brushes