Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Powder Brush
Real Tech Powder Brush next to MAC 150Powder Brush

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I started buying Real Techniques brushes as a cheap alternative after my brush roll was stolen and I had to repurchase 95% of my brushes. The plan was to replace them bit by bit by MAC or other brand brushes as time goes by. However, this brush I do prefer over any other large, fluffy brush I've ever tried. It has a good density, is remarkably soft and has a very nice, domed shape that it seems to perfectly retain after washing. It also dries so much quicker than I imagined it would after washing. All it takes are a few sharp whipping motions to shake out almost all of the excess water and it feels almost completely dry. Not gonna look for any replacement for this one!

on 12/20/2016 8:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Had this for over a year and I love it. Yes it is big, so if you don't like a big fluffy brush this isn't for you. I found it applied my powder foundation flawlessly and evenly. Its holding up very well after a year, with no bristles falling out. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/20/2016 6:56:00 AM

I love this guy, it is huge,and it is soft, I prefer this than my MAC 150 powder brush, and this is cheaper, good for powder all around face, or I love using it to apply my bronzer, super natural.

on 11/17/2016 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

You can prop the brush upright by its flat base when not in use. It picks up a good amount of powder and applies nicely. I switched over to this brush from an artiste professional no.12 powder brush which is the same price as this, very affordable but the other brush pales in comparison with this. This brush is soft and very plush, it feels very nice on the skin. It is also very easy to clean even with the white tips on the brush head and does not lose it's shape or fray at all. I have had no issues with it shedding, so far I have had none at all. And because I could not find an opened review on the artiste professional brush, I will just put it here, as compared to this brush the artiste professional brush is the same price as this but is absolute rubbish, I hated it so much and I just went on sephora.com to purchase this instead. The artiste professional brush has a serious shedding problem, leaving hair everywhere on my face and even sheds after washing, it also feels like I was applying my make up with a broom, so damn prickly and uncomfortable. If you see an ARTISTE PROFESSIONAL brand brush, run far far away and go get real techniques brushes instead, the prices are comparable but real techniques is so much better in quality and aesthetic! Compared to that, the real techniques powder brush is a dream. And it looks beautiful too, I love it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Not a fan. This brush is too big for my liking and way too dense. Yeah, the bristles are nice and soft, but that's only part of the equation. If you're looking for a good drugstore powder brush, I recommend trying EcoTools Bamboo for a few bucks cheaper instead.

on 9/5/2016 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This brush is HUGE and the bristles are definitely not soft. The price for the brush itself is great but the bristles kick up and waste so much excess powder that it just isn't worth it.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great quality for the price! It is super soft, fluffy and applies powder foundation and bronzer beautifully! I had this brush for over 2 years and have not had any shedding issues at all.

on 8/9/2016 7:19:00 PM

First, let me say that this brush is huge! But I find that the size makes application a breeze. The bristles are really soft, but not AS soft as the expert face brush, if that helps. This brush delivers just the right amount of product, but I find it hard to build up with this and it is diffucult to get into places like your eye area or by your nose.

Pros: Brush is super soft
Well made, doesnt look cheap or anything
Price
Can stand up, good for a multitude of things ;-)
Delivers perfect amount of product
Size makes application fast and easy

Cons: hard to build up with this brush, but how much powder do we really need anyway?
Size can make it hard to get hard to reach areas( the size is a pro and a con)

Overall, I would rcommend this for the budget shopper or anyone looking for a good brush.

on 5/12/2016 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

It's okay when I brush it all over my face but I can feel that it is not that soft unlike most people say about it. Its bristle still scratches my face although this brush is quite big which is fit my big face :) But I just don't like the feeling when using it. Price is okay. If you have strong skin (not that sensitive) I think it's good for loose powder. Its shape is big enough to get all over the face only couple times. For me I have acne and my skin after laser treatment is more sensitive, so this brush is too hard for me. I won't buy it again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Perfect brush. The bristles are soft and the brush is so fluffy and great. it's got a good weight to it and a comfortable handle. Buy it. if you don't like it it's fine, it's like $13. but you will like it.

Popular Makeup Brushes