Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush
image 1image 2image 3

4.3

on 6/7/2016 12:36:00 PM

I had high expectation for this brush but i am utterly disappointed.
I usualy use makeup sponge which gives me the most natural finish but after watching ytubers rating the brush and the airbrushed finish it gives, decided to buy it.
I can't compare this stippling brush to any other because its my first one.The review i am writing is more about the finish it gives rather than the brush itself.
In brief, i tried to applyed my EL double wear with the brush and it went on streaky.
I had to really work it to make it look even.
I stippled it then i used circular motions but still coud not make it look not cakey.
The look i got is far from being airbrushed.
The foundation settled in every crease, fine lines and pores not to mention that i looked like wearing a mask and that its time consuming. I used sillicon based primer before founfdation which does decent job filling my pores but nothing seemed to help. I ended up using sponge to remove excess foundation.
I blamed the poor performance to the foundation itself, even though i like it.

The next time i used this brush was with my tinted moisterizer... same story.

I watched the tips on how to use it on youtube and real techniques website. I must be doing smth wrong if so many people can achieve this air brushed look and i can't.

I am going to try it with other foundations and update the review but for now i am sure nothing can beat the wet make up sponge in terms of finish. And it does not have to be the expensive original beauty blender.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Pretty decent stippling brush. Value for money. This is my second stippling brush, my first was the elf stippling brush. As compared to the latter, RT's bristles are much more sturdy & dense, which gives a better airbrushed and compacted finish. It works great with BB cream. The only con is the lower rubber part tend to lose it's first layer & becomes sticky after a year or so.

To Read all 296 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My first stippling brush so I can't compare it. I like the firmness and the length of the bristles; it's great for applying my foundation. It has lasted a while and doesn't shed or bleed when I wash it.

However, the matte rubberized handle doesn't hold up well where I live. It's hot and humid all year around, and the handle has melted. It's sticky and I can't seem to wash it off. Everything seems to stick to the handle now, from lint to tissue paper.

I also dislike how wide the handle is. It doesn't fit most of my makeup brush slots making it a pain to travel with. I would repurchase this brush if RT were to solve these 2 issues.

on 4/11/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I loved this brush. As another reviewer said, it makes pores vanish when used in a circular motion, (in both directions - Wayne Goss rocks!). It worked well to apply poured lowlighter, liquid and cream foundation, cream blush, and cream highlighter.

Sadly, after relatively little use, (less than a dozen times), the glue failed and it started massively losing bristles. Then the entire head lifted out. This was after about the fourth wash.

A great shame. A brilliant brush for a great price, that did the job, felt nice in the hand, and looked good in my collection.

I'd buy it again like a shot if I knew I could wash it without it disintegrating.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I'm pretty sure I didn't buy a fake because I got mine from Priceline, but this brush is just a massive fail for me. Seeing that it isn't cheap in Australia, it's a total waste of money for me. The brush is just so stiff and when I stipple, it actually hurts! I've got cheaper brushes that are so much softer. This brush just gives me a streaky application and is painful as hell.

Nice stippling brush, great for foundation application and other cream products. Soft bristles. Easy to wash and very durable.

This brush retails for around £11.99 and I like this brush, its a great size and I use it to either apply foundation or cream blusher.

on 2/22/2016 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

This is my favourite real techniques brushes along with the expert face brush, I use this to apply my bb cream which it does flawlessly and I also have another one which I use for blush.
I love real techniques, I think their brushes are great quality and value for money and I find myself reaching for them even more than the expensive mac brushes I own (including the 116 for blush and 187 stippling brush) sadly I only discovered them after I had bought my mac brushes otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.
I would repurchase this over and over again.

on 2/18/2016 6:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've never had luck with any full size stippling brushes, until now.

Everyone I've tried at from DS to HE have just not given a smooth application. The Real Techniques stippling brush is the best so far. I've used it with tinted moisturizer and liquid foundation and the brush puts down the product flawlessly.
The bristles don't clump together and I like that it's not too dense, which is a plus for dry skin.

on 2/18/2016 7:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is my HG foundation brush! My issue is pores. This brush makes them disappear!! I don't need a primer to hide my pores, they vanish under the circular motions of this brush! It does magic somehow.

I also love this brush because my full-coverage foundation looks like skin and blends so easily by using this miracle wand!

I wash this brush very often, because I am a germ-freak and it t does not shed hairs, it stays in shape and is always ready to use.

This brush also does the trick for my undereye concealer and cheek bone highlighter. It is just a great multitasker!

And the best thing is that you get that poreless and perfected finish for just a few bucks! What more can one ask for :)

Popular Makeup Brushes