Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Stippling Brush
Stippling BrushStippling BrushStippling Brush

4.3

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Great stippling brush, especially for the price point. It's dense but doesn't feel too rough on the skin. It is smaller, so I just work in smaller sections.

on 1/8/2017 10:43:00 PM

I bought this last year. Because I wash them after every use, I usually have 3 or 4 of the stippling brushes.. So really, wash it every other day? This one went out fast. The brush is already coming apart. The brush particles would stick to my face.

I'd rather stick to Sonia Kashuk. About the same price. Had my Sonia Kashuk for over 2 years and never fell apart like Real Techniques.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I love to use a stippling brush to apply and buff my foundation. When my Sonia Kashuk #4 gave out I replaced it with this one based on the good reviews.
Ouch! I know I have sensitive skin, but this brush is rough! I don't know if it's my imagination, but the bristles actually feel pointy. It's also sparsely packed so it streaks instead of buffing. Back to Sonia I go.

on 12/20/2016 7:01:00 AM

This is so good to blend my liquid foundation out, I love using a traditional foundation first to apply foundation all around my face and then use this guy to blend them out! the finish is natural, it is also easy to apply liquid highlighter and blusher, multiple use. Besides, this is way better than MAC 187 in my mind...187 is waste of money for me

This RT (Real Techniques) brush is one of about 40 Real Techniques brushes I have and LOVE. I use this brush often for blush and other things. It is an excellent stipple get brush. It applies different types of makeup very well from liquid to powders. I happen to use this most often with powders that I can be heavy handed with to make it lighter. There Duo fiber brushes are lovely too but I have to say every single brush of there's are really incredible and my friends are now turns on to Real Techniques.

I don't have hair fall out from this brush or any of their other brushes. Plus they are really well made. I care about ton about how they feel on my skin as I have a skin condition in which my skin will turn red with touch very very very easily. These brushes do NOT cause my skin to turn red at all vs other brushes do. Even when I blend blend blend with the awesome blending brushes that give an HD look! My skin feels so good.

I am hard on the brushes when I clean them though I do not get the top wet. I use brush cleaner and am pretty hard on them then as well.

I would buy each brush again but some Imore very happy I have multiples of already. WHY? So I have clean brushes ready when I'm doing blending etc.

I strongly recommend gifting any of the Real Techniques brushes or products to your friends. My friends have really enjoyed them.

on 10/6/2016 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've had this brush for several years now, since she first launched them, and I love it. It's the only foundation brush I use. Doesn't shed, very sturdy, and I love the way it applies my foundation. I used this brush everyday. I use this to stipple on my foundation, then I lightly tap over my face with a dry beauty blender and voila! The perfect finish.

on 10/6/2016 12:22:00 PM

I am a brush junkie. I have a plethora of different brushes floating around, and this is one of my favorites. I love a flawless, full face, airbrushed look, and this helps me create that. I first apply my foundation (loreal infallible matte foundation) to the back of my hand, and distribute evenly across my face with a cheap ELF foundation brush. I'll then take this fabulous brush, and stipple the foundation in, creating that flawless look I so adore. It's cheap, effective, and super easy to clean. It is one of my go to brushes.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this brush because I was looking for a stippling brush with dense fibers. I loved the finish it gave, although it can look caked quite fast. After having used this brush a total of two times to apply foundation, I washed the brush and the bristles fell out, all of them. I won't be wasting my money to by this product again. Save yourself some time and buy a more expensive and quality made brush.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I was really struggling to find a brush that applied my new Becca ever matte foundation. I used a magic sponge which just made it stick in my dry areas and my real techniques expert face brush just made it even more difficult to put on. So I got this and it has saved my Becca foundation from being shoved to the back on my draw and never used again! I put in on the back on my hand and just put the foundation on in circular motions. It creates an airbrushed effect and stays on all day! my dry patches that I have on my chin and a little bit around my nose were no long in view. People have been commenting on how nice it looks. A MUST HAVE!

on 6/7/2016 12:36:00 PM

I had high expectation for this brush but i am utterly disappointed.
I usualy use makeup sponge which gives me the most natural finish but after watching ytubers rating the brush and the airbrushed finish it gives, decided to buy it.
I can't compare this stippling brush to any other because its my first one.The review i am writing is more about the finish it gives rather than the brush itself.
In brief, i tried to applyed my EL double wear with the brush and it went on streaky.
I had to really work it to make it look even.
I stippled it then i used circular motions but still coud not make it look not cakey.
The look i got is far from being airbrushed.
The foundation settled in every crease, fine lines and pores not to mention that i looked like wearing a mask and that its time consuming. I used sillicon based primer before founfdation which does decent job filling my pores but nothing seemed to help. I ended up using sponge to remove excess foundation.
I blamed the poor performance to the foundation itself, even though i like it.

The next time i used this brush was with my tinted moisterizer... same story.

I watched the tips on how to use it on youtube and real techniques website. I must be doing smth wrong if so many people can achieve this air brushed look and i can't.

I am going to try it with other foundations and update the review but for now i am sure nothing can beat the wet make up sponge in terms of finish. And it does not have to be the expensive original beauty blender.

Popular Makeup Brushes