Louise Young Large foundation brush

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a make up expert but this brush makes my life so much easier ... It is super soft and big enough for flawless foundation application in 1 minute max. I use it with Sisley oil free foundation and the combo really rocks. It does not absorb product, I need 2 to 3 pumps, brush brush brush and I am ready to go...a true gem..yes it needs cleaning once a week, I clean it with Apivita's foaming face cleanser ( oil and lavender I think) and I am very satisfied with the results. Soft, keeps its shape and softness. 5/5

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got them all: Dior, Chanel, Mac, Estee Lauder, Sigma, Real Techniques, you name it. But nothing compares to the LY34! This is a real HG for me. I love it so much, I bought 3 of them. I use one for the fondation, one for the bronzer (soleil tan de chanel which is another HG for me that I cannot live without) and another one for blush (sometimes). I feel like I wanna buy so many of this brush in case will discontinue it lol. For me it is the best foundation brush out there. I can't say enough good things about this brush. Fantastic finish, top quality, highly recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation brush, probably the best one out there. One may be overwhelmed by its size but it is tapered so it can go into the crevices of the face. It is synthetic so its great for liquid foundations and the application leaves no need for blending mainly because the bristles are so soft and the brush is firm and dense.
The only down side is that the brush is heavy and if you relax the hand the brush would naturally tilt.
Overall it is a brush that should be a staple in anyone's kit.

I purchased the super foundation brush and their regular paddle-shaped foundation brush. Both are outstanding in quality, very lush, large and have a solid handle with very nice finish. The super foundation brush applies cream and liquid foundations incredibly well, and the paddle foundation is one of the nicest I've seen. It is much thicker than other brands and very soft.

What Louise Young does not advertise, but you should know is that if you order a brush that is out of stock, they send you a free smaller brush as compensation for the delay.

The super foundation was temporarily out of stock, and nonetheless they even sent me TWO bonus brushes (a lip brush, and small spot concealer brush.)

Their customer service is simply outstanding in all other regards. Emails are responded to within 24 hours, even on weekends. Shipping was about 14 days (mainly due to Royal and US Post.) It is worth the wait.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying I hope I don't ever have to buy another...because, ouch!

That said, this brush is worth every penny. It really is the best of both worlds - the large size allows you to apply foundation quickly in a few strokes, yet the bullet shape allows you to get into small areas around the eyes, nose, mouth, etc with no problem. The brush is incredibly soft and blends foundation with ease with no streaking.

I bought this on a whim after reading a blog review and having just bought Chanel Vitalumiere, which was not going on very well using fingers or my BeautyBlender. I had given up foundation brushes several years ago due to streaking, but it was clear a brush is what Vitalumiere needs, so I figured I would spring for the best! And I am so glad I did, every foundation I own (including MUFE F&B, Chanel VA, MAC F&B, and a couple of Missha BBs) all look SO great with it. I will probably be retiring my BeautyBlender after this.

I would like to try some other brushes in this line in the future, although I really have no need at this time.

Highly recommended!

This LY34 is a fantastic brush for all liquid / cream products! I've never been a fan of traditional foundation brushes; although I also have L. Young's LY02 and like that one too--I switch off between the two. Both are large enough that they easily spread and blend liquid foundations quickly without leaving streaks; the LY34 is tapered at the top which really helps it maneuver around corners like under your eyes or around your nose. I pump my foundation [Armani LSF] onto my hand then dip the brush in that and go to work--no buffing needed; I get even coverage quickly that looks like my skin only better. Can't ask for more than that! I also use this brush for cream highlighters and even blushes. The bristles are the best quality, nice and dense with absolutely no shedding; the brush handle has a bit of weight to it as well which I like; it feels like a quality product because it is. Highly recommend!

this is my 1st Louise Young brush & i am amazed by the quality. this large foundaton brush is very big - it applies liquid foundation in few gentle strokes without leaving any streaks! so quick and easy to apply foundation but because it's a large brush - you end up using more foundation than if you were to use a traditional size foundation brush or a stippling brush like 188 or 187. and it takes close to 48 hours for the brush to dry completely after you wash it. but i still love it! i plan to buy more Louise Young brushes to have in my collection!

Popular Makeup Brushes