Louise Young Large foundation brush

4.7

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not a make up expert but this brush makes my life so much easier ... It is super soft and big enough for flawless foundation application in 1 minute max. I use it with Sisley oil free foundation and the combo really rocks. It does not absorb product, I need 2 to 3 pumps, brush brush brush and I am ready to go...a true gem..yes it needs cleaning once a week, I clean it with Apivita's foaming face cleanser ( oil and lavender I think) and I am very satisfied with the results. Soft, keeps its shape and softness. 5/5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Count me in! I love love love this brush. I use it for my foundation and it spreads evenly, no blank areas lol. It's got a great handle, long enough and with good weight.

it's well built and has lasted me awhile with heavy usage. It is not cheap but not on the nose bleed scale either.

excellent brush, will repurchase if I lose.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This brush has blown me away! Its truly a make-up artist in a brush....it does the work for you; at least when it comes to foundation application. It applies foundation in a thin coat but applies it very evenly. The application process is itself a pleasure!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation brush! Yes, its big but when using this it really doesn't feel that big. I think its because it is tapered to a sort of point - great for getting into small spaces :o) Its super soft, which is a huge bonus as it doesn't fluff up any dry areas I may have (so highly recommended if you want to use a brush but have dry skin). I do not find it too hard to clean - it dries over night, although I have found I need to wash it after almost every use or two, or streaking will occur. No shedding either. Great brush for using it like a paddle brush, or as a buffing brush. Doesn't grab too much foundation either, so hardly any waste.

Amazing brush!! This is my HG of foundation brushes now and I just love it. It makes foundation application so fast, you can literally put it on in seconds because of the size of the brush, and you don't get any streak marks. I expected because of it's size that I'd need another brush to do smaller areas, around the nose etc, but this brush does it all because of the tapered shape. My Mac traditional foundation brush has been relegated now and even stippling doesn't come close to how smooth this goes on, my foundation has never looked so good. If it has one downside, it's that it does need cleaning quite often. I wash my brushes every week and I find that by day 7 it's starting to leave streaks, but once it's had a wash it's back to being perfect so I can't complain. It's quite pricey, but not if you're used to paying for Mac brushes, and this is much better.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got them all: Dior, Chanel, Mac, Estee Lauder, Sigma, Real Techniques, you name it. But nothing compares to the LY34! This is a real HG for me. I love it so much, I bought 3 of them. I use one for the fondation, one for the bronzer (soleil tan de chanel which is another HG for me that I cannot live without) and another one for blush (sometimes). I feel like I wanna buy so many of this brush in case will discontinue it lol. For me it is the best foundation brush out there. I can't say enough good things about this brush. Fantastic finish, top quality, highly recommended!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Wow SO soft!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation brush, probably the best one out there. One may be overwhelmed by its size but it is tapered so it can go into the crevices of the face. It is synthetic so its great for liquid foundations and the application leaves no need for blending mainly because the bristles are so soft and the brush is firm and dense.
The only down side is that the brush is heavy and if you relax the hand the brush would naturally tilt.
Overall it is a brush that should be a staple in anyone's kit.

I purchased the super foundation brush and their regular paddle-shaped foundation brush. Both are outstanding in quality, very lush, large and have a solid handle with very nice finish. The super foundation brush applies cream and liquid foundations incredibly well, and the paddle foundation is one of the nicest I've seen. It is much thicker than other brands and very soft.

What Louise Young does not advertise, but you should know is that if you order a brush that is out of stock, they send you a free smaller brush as compensation for the delay.

The super foundation was temporarily out of stock, and nonetheless they even sent me TWO bonus brushes (a lip brush, and small spot concealer brush.)

Their customer service is simply outstanding in all other regards. Emails are responded to within 24 hours, even on weekends. Shipping was about 14 days (mainly due to Royal and US Post.) It is worth the wait.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying I hope I don't ever have to buy another...because, ouch!

That said, this brush is worth every penny. It really is the best of both worlds - the large size allows you to apply foundation quickly in a few strokes, yet the bullet shape allows you to get into small areas around the eyes, nose, mouth, etc with no problem. The brush is incredibly soft and blends foundation with ease with no streaking.

I bought this on a whim after reading a blog review and having just bought Chanel Vitalumiere, which was not going on very well using fingers or my BeautyBlender. I had given up foundation brushes several years ago due to streaking, but it was clear a brush is what Vitalumiere needs, so I figured I would spring for the best! And I am so glad I did, every foundation I own (including MUFE F&B, Chanel VA, MAC F&B, and a couple of Missha BBs) all look SO great with it. I will probably be retiring my BeautyBlender after this.

I would like to try some other brushes in this line in the future, although I really have no need at this time.

Highly recommended!