Louise Young Large foundation brush

4.7

After 20 years as a senior pro artist. I have at last found my HG of foundation brushes, this brush is simply amazing, Nothing like traditional foundation brushes, most are too hard, wrong shape and streak. This is thick, domed, so soft, Its great for blending foundation,and more whatever formula it works..This is first review I've actually given 5, Never skimp on brushes . I think rrp is approx 24.50, proven working pro artists that meet criteria are offered 20% discount at PAM, where the staff are simply lovely and sooooo helpful. Students and aspiring artists, don't buy a bunch of low grade brushes. It is better to save and buy a few quality versatile brushes, keep cleaning they will last the distance. Rather than buying many that will not last, or do the job, You can create an airbrush look with it. Of the 300 brushes I own, there are only a handful of true staples, of which I own a few.. I have no affiliation with any brands, and will never accept products for reviews. I have no problem telling it like it is I've been around too long, I don't need free products ,Louise Young, unlike most you tube so called gurus, with the exception of a of approx 4 real pros, don't get me started on the others,. is a respected and credible artist within the industry. I would have expected nothing less of her products. If outside of the UK, use her website, I've now purchased a second one. The is her no 1 seller. I bought some more so will be reviewing those also. For us senior pros, this is what it's about. a senior credible, established working artist, designing realistic top quality brushes. LOUISE YOUNG WE WANT MORE PLEASE. Louise is right up there with David from OCC, humble, creative respected decent artists and human beings

I purchased the super foundation brush and their regular paddle-shaped foundation brush. Both are outstanding in quality, very lush, large and have a solid handle with very nice finish. The super foundation brush applies cream and liquid foundations incredibly well, and the paddle foundation is one of the nicest I've seen. It is much thicker than other brands and very soft.

What Louise Young does not advertise, but you should know is that if you order a brush that is out of stock, they send you a free smaller brush as compensation for the delay.

The super foundation was temporarily out of stock, and nonetheless they even sent me TWO bonus brushes (a lip brush, and small spot concealer brush.)

Their customer service is simply outstanding in all other regards. Emails are responded to within 24 hours, even on weekends. Shipping was about 14 days (mainly due to Royal and US Post.) It is worth the wait.

this is my 1st Louise Young brush & i am amazed by the quality. this large foundaton brush is very big - it applies liquid foundation in few gentle strokes without leaving any streaks! so quick and easy to apply foundation but because it's a large brush - you end up using more foundation than if you were to use a traditional size foundation brush or a stippling brush like 188 or 187. and it takes close to 48 hours for the brush to dry completely after you wash it. but i still love it! i plan to buy more Louise Young brushes to have in my collection!

I love, love, love this brush!! In the past I used a stippling brush to apply my foundation and got ok results but since I've been using the LY34 I haven't looked back. This brush really does give flawless results when using liquid foundation. I wear Missha's Perfect Cover BB cream, which is an amazing product btw and the LY34 brush really is the perfect brush to apply it with. It has such high quality, luxuriously soft bristles. My skin is left looking absolutely flawless, without streaks and does not need buffing and I don't even need to use a seperate brush for concealer as this brush with it's tapered head fits beautifully under my eyes. I can't speak highly enough about this brush...it's worth the invesmtent!

This LY34 is a fantastic brush for all liquid / cream products! I've never been a fan of traditional foundation brushes; although I also have L. Young's LY02 and like that one too--I switch off between the two. Both are large enough that they easily spread and blend liquid foundations quickly without leaving streaks; the LY34 is tapered at the top which really helps it maneuver around corners like under your eyes or around your nose. I pump my foundation [Armani LSF] onto my hand then dip the brush in that and go to work--no buffing needed; I get even coverage quickly that looks like my skin only better. Can't ask for more than that! I also use this brush for cream highlighters and even blushes. The bristles are the best quality, nice and dense with absolutely no shedding; the brush handle has a bit of weight to it as well which I like; it feels like a quality product because it is. Highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this foundation brush! Yes, its big but when using this it really doesn't feel that big. I think its because it is tapered to a sort of point - great for getting into small spaces :o) Its super soft, which is a huge bonus as it doesn't fluff up any dry areas I may have (so highly recommended if you want to use a brush but have dry skin). I do not find it too hard to clean - it dries over night, although I have found I need to wash it after almost every use or two, or streaking will occur. No shedding either. Great brush for using it like a paddle brush, or as a buffing brush. Doesn't grab too much foundation either, so hardly any waste.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying I hope I don't ever have to buy another...because, ouch!

That said, this brush is worth every penny. It really is the best of both worlds - the large size allows you to apply foundation quickly in a few strokes, yet the bullet shape allows you to get into small areas around the eyes, nose, mouth, etc with no problem. The brush is incredibly soft and blends foundation with ease with no streaking.

I bought this on a whim after reading a blog review and having just bought Chanel Vitalumiere, which was not going on very well using fingers or my BeautyBlender. I had given up foundation brushes several years ago due to streaking, but it was clear a brush is what Vitalumiere needs, so I figured I would spring for the best! And I am so glad I did, every foundation I own (including MUFE F&B, Chanel VA, MAC F&B, and a couple of Missha BBs) all look SO great with it. I will probably be retiring my BeautyBlender after this.

I would like to try some other brushes in this line in the future, although I really have no need at this time.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a fantastic foundation brush and very versatile. What I like about it is that the synthetic bristles are super soft and don't shed, and you can buff and blend foundation into your skin with it with no streaks.

I also use it to apply liquid/cream brushes, and sometimes I even use it to apply a light dusting of powder - it works well for stuff like MUFE HD powder that you only apply very little of.

I know some people say it's difficult to clean - I think the trick with it is to use just a little bit of product - apply it to your face first and then just use this to blend. Don't dip your brush into the product. Then you can layer on more product afterward if you need it and blend again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a fantastic, dome-shaped brush, unlike any I have seen or used before. I've had two foundation brushes in the past, the most recent being the Ecotools one; I like that one, but this is in a class of its own - round, bushy, full and fat.
It blends foundation perfectly, and I don't even need to use my fingers to finish. I also use it for blush (both cream and powder) and highlighter. A versatile face brush.
What a luxurious product - and not so expensive, considering the quality and amount of use you will get out of it. I think I paid around 24.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

A pain in the a** to wash. Takes forever to dry & cleanse.
I find most of her brushes to be overrated & too expensive. If you prefer natural bristles, Zoeva is a better option in terms of price & quality. The embossing on the handles came off pretty fast.

Popular Makeup Brushes