Louise Young Large foundation brush

Filtered by age: 30-35

4.7

In my quest for the perfect foundation brush, I tried the very praised LY 34. I read so many positive reviews on that brush, that I went ahead and bought it.
the brush performs well and leave me streak free.
But the quest continues...

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've got them all: Dior, Chanel, Mac, Estee Lauder, Sigma, Real Techniques, you name it. But nothing compares to the LY34! This is a real HG for me. I love it so much, I bought 3 of them. I use one for the fondation, one for the bronzer (soleil tan de chanel which is another HG for me that I cannot live without) and another one for blush (sometimes). I feel like I wanna buy so many of this brush in case will discontinue it lol. For me it is the best foundation brush out there. I can't say enough good things about this brush. Fantastic finish, top quality, highly recommended!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good foundation brush, probably the best one out there. One may be overwhelmed by its size but it is tapered so it can go into the crevices of the face. It is synthetic so its great for liquid foundations and the application leaves no need for blending mainly because the bristles are so soft and the brush is firm and dense.
The only down side is that the brush is heavy and if you relax the hand the brush would naturally tilt.
Overall it is a brush that should be a staple in anyone's kit.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Let me start by saying I hope I don't ever have to buy another...because, ouch!

That said, this brush is worth every penny. It really is the best of both worlds - the large size allows you to apply foundation quickly in a few strokes, yet the bullet shape allows you to get into small areas around the eyes, nose, mouth, etc with no problem. The brush is incredibly soft and blends foundation with ease with no streaking.

I bought this on a whim after reading a blog review and having just bought Chanel Vitalumiere, which was not going on very well using fingers or my BeautyBlender. I had given up foundation brushes several years ago due to streaking, but it was clear a brush is what Vitalumiere needs, so I figured I would spring for the best! And I am so glad I did, every foundation I own (including MUFE F&B, Chanel VA, MAC F&B, and a couple of Missha BBs) all look SO great with it. I will probably be retiring my BeautyBlender after this.

I would like to try some other brushes in this line in the future, although I really have no need at this time.

Highly recommended!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is a fantastic foundation brush and very versatile. What I like about it is that the synthetic bristles are super soft and don't shed, and you can buff and blend foundation into your skin with it with no streaks.

I also use it to apply liquid/cream brushes, and sometimes I even use it to apply a light dusting of powder - it works well for stuff like MUFE HD powder that you only apply very little of.

I know some people say it's difficult to clean - I think the trick with it is to use just a little bit of product - apply it to your face first and then just use this to blend. Don't dip your brush into the product. Then you can layer on more product afterward if you need it and blend again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This is a fantastic, dome-shaped brush, unlike any I have seen or used before. I've had two foundation brushes in the past, the most recent being the Ecotools one; I like that one, but this is in a class of its own - round, bushy, full and fat.
It blends foundation perfectly, and I don't even need to use my fingers to finish. I also use it for blush (both cream and powder) and highlighter. A versatile face brush.
What a luxurious product - and not so expensive, considering the quality and amount of use you will get out of it. I think I paid around 24.

this is my 1st Louise Young brush & i am amazed by the quality. this large foundaton brush is very big - it applies liquid foundation in few gentle strokes without leaving any streaks! so quick and easy to apply foundation but because it's a large brush - you end up using more foundation than if you were to use a traditional size foundation brush or a stippling brush like 188 or 187. and it takes close to 48 hours for the brush to dry completely after you wash it. but i still love it! i plan to buy more Louise Young brushes to have in my collection!

Popular Makeup Brushes